Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Would there be someone with a track ability? IE be able to watch someone.

Soldier 76 wears/has an ability called "Tactical Visor". In the game it gives him an aimbot, but I could see that as a tracking tool.

Hanzo fires a sonic arrow that lets you see nearby enemies, so maybe that?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Odd to call out to a person no one recognizes, don't you think?

That's the whole point. No one recognizes him, so its important to figure out if he's a user who changed names, or if he's someone completely new its important to get an early read on him.

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Soldier 76 wears/has an ability called "Tactical Visor". In the game it gives him an aimbot, but I could see that as a tracking tool.

Hanzo fires a sonic arrow that lets you see nearby enemies, so maybe that?

Also Winston and Mei are both researchers/scientists, lots of tracking equipment at the bases they work from.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

BTW, I went back through the thread and noticed this, @Matts4313: the part with MathMan calling on Danger to look into beezee's inactivity was his second reference to beezee. The first was on page 10, just as the game was getting going. In fact, beezee was the first @ he sent out. Odd to call out to a person no one recognizes, don't you think?

Malf is to careful to do something this blatant. He would talk about it in [spam] and PM the player.

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Thinking more about this, plus the "objective in order to get 1 random living team member an additional ULTIMATE ability", if the game's been in the works for a while, Mercy might not get her rez unless she earns her ultimate. Her primary ability might be a protection (her dash in-game is called "guardian angel")

Yeah as I reread my post that you quoted I began second guessing it as well. I think this is too risky of an approach without knowing Mercy has rez, and based on the thing with ultimates, and the fact that my ability is not related to my ultimate, we can probably say pre patch Mercy wouldn't have a rez in this game. So as you said it all comes down to when Danger actually gave the finishing touches to the game. Since the Mercy patch has been known about for ages my gut tells me Danger kept it up to date, so Mercy does have a rez ability, but I'm not confident enough about it that I'd lynch a civ in hopes he gets cleared via rez or is mafia just by virtue of them being a good/dangerous player. It's an unnecessarily risky maneuver.

Just because I have not voted does not mean I have been inactive @Woz 

Why is Mathman being suspected? I have not played with him where he is mafia in ages so I wouldn't really know, but I get a civ read on him. He's throwing way too many names around and drawing attention to himself. I know mafia will deliberately do that, reverse  psychology and all that, but usually it's in the form of taking the reigns and leading hunts. I think Mathman is just throwing poop against the wall and seeing what sticks, he has no strong reads and is desperately trying to get one.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That said...there was nothing about his blatant lack of evidence or even attempt to have evidence that struck you?  Nor his immediate, "you think I'm sketchy so you're scum" mindset?

To me it read as he got his feelings hurt and tunnled on you. Its scummy, but its not a strong read.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah as I reread my post that you quoted I began second guessing it as well. I think this is too risky of an approach without knowing Mercy has rez, and based on the thing with ultimates, and the fact that my ability is not related to my ultimate, we can probably say pre patch Mercy wouldn't have a rez in this game. So as you said it all comes down to when Danger actually gave the finishing touches to the game. Since the Mercy patch has been known about for ages my gut tells me Danger kept it up to date, so Mercy does have a rez ability, but I'm not confident enough about it that I'd lynch a civ in hopes he gets cleared via rez or is mafia just by virtue of them being a good/dangerous player. It's an unnecessarily risky maneuver

Yeah, I'm thinking she probably does have the rez, and getting her ult might give her a second one, but either way its risky. Also Zarya would make more sense as the character with a protection ability.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just because I have not voted does not mean I have been inactive @Woz 

In comparison to the thread, you've been very silent. You showed up on day 1 with the "In" graphic and then ... nothing. You've been a bit more active today, but still, it feels like you're hanging back a bit.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why is Mathman being suspected? I have not played with him where he is mafia in ages so I wouldn't really know, but I get a civ read on him. He's throwing way too many names around and drawing attention to himself. I know mafia will deliberately do that, reverse  psychology and all that, but usually it's in the form of taking the reigns and leading hunts. I think Mathman is just throwing poop against the wall and seeing what sticks, he has no strong reads and is desperately trying to get one.

A couple of odd things I noticed with him and buzbee. Plus calling out Jfin's accidental edit.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Good luck keepiing up with this with MAlf. He changes his vet like every 14 seconds. 

COMPETITOR          ACTIVE VOTE         PREVIOUS VOTES
bucsfan333          LionsFTW            beezee, Woz
CWood21             bucsfan333          Jfinley88
EliteTexan80        mission27
james.mcmurry13     domepatrol91
jfinley88           MathMan             bucsfan333, MathMan
kingseanjohn        11sanchez11
LionsFTW            MathMan             domepatrol91, 11sanchez11, MathMan, Woz
MathMan             domepatrol91        Matts4314, domepatrol91, LionsFTW, RandyMossIsBoss, utley4568, RandyMossIsBoss, beezee, Woz
Matts4314           Woz                 MathMan
mission27           Ragnarok
Ragnarok            MathMan
thelawoffices       Woz
theuntouchable      Jfinley88
utley4568           Ragnarok
Woz                 MathMan

ACTIVE TALLY
MathMan             4
domepatrol91        2
Ragnarok            2
Woz                 2