Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

16 hours ago, drd23 said:

The money doesn't just come from nowhere.

Its fine if clubs spend within their means and don't put up prices (for tickets, concessions, merchandise etc) to cover these outlays instead.

Sure. It comes from merchandise sales, shirt sponsorships (both front and sleeve, go Nexen Tire!), stadium naming rights, TV deals, competition prizes, land development around the stadium, Dubai, Russia, etc. 

When they spend that money on players, it’s no skin off of mine. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Schmeichel to Chelsea to replace Courtois?

That would be a logical move for Chelsea, especially if they don't go after Donnarumma.  Although I don't expect Leicester to let Kasper go cheaply, especially after his performance in Russia

So who at Chelsea isn't rumoured to be leaving?

Hazard and Courtois are rumoured off to Madrid, a French paper is reporting Kante's agreed personal terms with PSG, Willian is being pursued by Utd and Barca, Morata wants to go to Milan and now Atletico apparently wants Giroud (on loan)

Not that I'd expect even half those things to happen, but that is a lot of players apparently looking elsewhere

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

So who at Chelsea isn't rumoured to be leaving?

Hazard and Courtois are rumoured off to Madrid, a French paper is reporting Kante's agreed personal terms with PSG, Willian is being pursued by Utd and Barca, Morata wants to go to Milan and now Atletico apparently wants Giroud (on loan)

Not that I'd expect even half those things to happen, but that is a lot of players apparently looking elsewhere

You really need to get off Twitter for football lol. I trust very few sources when it comes to transfer. The day is 24 hours long, you gotta feed the cycle with anything. Like if you just look at SKy Sports News Transfer Centre, the percentage of it that is actually true is supremely low lol.

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

That would be a logical move for Chelsea, especially if they don't go after Donnarumma.  Although I don't expect Leicester to let Kasper go cheaply, especially after his performance in Russia

Gotta think Danny Ward was signed for this potential scenario