BDL 2017 Week 3: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos

TedLavie

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Charleston Dingos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2017 at 02:00 PM

James has been fantastic to start the season.  I mean, if you watched the Dolphins, you'd see that he was playing really well.  Actually better than I expected.  The OGs for the fins were the main issue.

Pugh has been very good as always.  The issue is that he might be the only functional OL the Giants have.  

Linsley has been very good as well.  As with Pugh, he's had to try and cover up a lot of issues up front.  Packers due to injury though.  

I mean...come on dude.  Your front four has some big names that haven't been playing great yet to start the season.  My OL would blast through them.  

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The line you struck out was your best argument yet.  

It definitely wasn't my worst.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

James has been fantastic to start the season.  I mean, if you watched the Dolphins, you'd see that he was playing really well.  Actually better than I expected.  The OGs for the fins were the main issue.

Pugh has been very good as always.  The issue is that he might be the only functional OL the Giants have.  

Linsley has been very good as well.  As with Pugh, he's had to try and cover up a lot of issues up front.  Packers due to injury though.  

I mean...come on dude.  Your front four has some big names that haven't been playing great yet to start the season.  My OL would blast through them.  

Jameis just had issues with a Vikings defense that's on a similar level to mine. He's played well but he's still trigger happy and I don't think your weapons will beat my defense. I mean your top WR will get erased by Peters and after that it's not like you have anyone to challenge my back seven except a mix of medicore WRs and TEs.

My Front four has played very well this year. Williams is a big part of the reason why the Jets shut down Ajayi. 

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

It definitely wasn't my worst.

Jameis just had issues with a Vikings defense that's on a similar level to mine. He's played well but he's still trigger happy and I don't think your weapons will beat my defense. I mean your top WR will get erased by Peters and after that it's not like you have anyone to challenge my back seven except a mix of medicore WRs and TEs.

My Front four has played very well this year. Williams is a big part of the reason why the Jets shut down Ajayi. 

The issue with your argument here is that Jameis has an at best subpar offensive line IRL.  Not to mention he has jack crap at RB.  And his defense played like crap this week.  

Berlin gives him a much better OL, better RBs, and a much better defense.  Tyreek is too fast to get erased, DeSean had a nice week(all he needs is one play to make a huge impact), and Henry and Rudolph are both very good TEs that can help move the chains.

Williams is a great player.  I won't argue that.  But even he hasn't been as good as he was last year.  I fully expect him to fix that, but he hasn't yet.  The rest of your DL is playing about the same.  Big names, but not big production yet.  If they get it fixed, you will be a huge pain to play later in the year.  

Going back to Jameis, Rivers had a much worse week.  Fewer yards and far worse YPA(before garbage time his numbers were horrifying), worse INTs, and no TDs.

Rags you are on point with some players but you vastly overrate others. (I don't have the time to begin to go into it because of what will follow) I don't think I'll vote on this game because the back and forth and overhype is nauseating. Yet I still find myself here more than the other games...

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Rags you are on point with some players but you vastly overrate others. (I don't have the time to begin to go into it because of what will follow) I don't think I'll vote on this game because the back and forth and overhype is nauseating. Yet I still find myself here more than the other games...

I'd rather you vote and vote against me than not vote at all.  I think Dingo would say the same.  I apologize if our banter has gotten to the point of nauseating.  

Don't let us talking trash keep you from voting.  

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The issue with your argument here is that Jameis has an at best subpar offensive line IRL.  Not to mention he has jack crap at RB.  And his defense played like crap this week.  

Berlin gives him a much better OL, better RBs, and a much better defense.  Tyreek is too fast to get erased, DeSean had a nice week(all he needs is one play to make a huge impact), and Henry and Rudolph are both very good TEs that can help move the chains.

Williams is a great player.  I won't argue that.  But even he hasn't been as good as he was last year.  I fully expect him to fix that, but he hasn't yet.  The rest of your DL is playing about the same.  Big names, but not big production yet.  If they get it fixed, you will be a huge pain to play later in the year.  

Going back to Jameis, Rivers had a much worse week.  Fewer yards and far worse YPA(before garbage time his numbers were horrifying), worse INTs, and no TDs.

He has jack crap at RB here too with miller being your best RB and he's at best a medicore RB. Your defense isn't much than the IRL Bucs defense since you have worse DTs than they do, not to mention a comparable group of CBs. Though your safeties are much better.

Henry didn't even get targeted this week...He's a good TE but he's clearly not on the level of his rookie year. Rudolph has struggled to produce because Diggs+Thilen+Cook overtook his role IRL. Just because Tyreek is fast doesn't mean he can't be erased by an elite CB. DeSean is a speed demon and outside of go routes it's not that hard to shut him down. 

Hopefully we play again later in the playoffs so I can smash your dreams of actually winning a playoff game. 

Rivers played as well as he could considering his IRL line is worse than mine by a decent margin.

We've had 5 pages worth of arguments, I'll let the voters decide whose right. 

I got to be honest, I didn't read the 5 pages of back and forth arguments between you guys. Everything that is not in the gameplan isn't something I need to look at

Berlin wants to in in the tranches on offense. I'm just not sure they can do that against a solid defensive front with an interior OL that's not playing well right now. What helps them is that Cherleston somehow didn't mention any base formation against a team that started on a 2TE set in the first two weeks. I'm just confused and, as I read Portland gameplan, I got to think Carr covers one of the TEs or the RB in the passing game. I'm not saying he can't do it, but an additional LB to help against a team that wants to run the ball would be better. On the contrary, Rags was smart to have HaHa play in the box, giving them another run defender. However, with their DL being decimated, I still think Gordon can run on them. With both passing games limited by strong defensive play, I think it comes down to the running games. And despite Charleston blunder on defense, I think they win in the tranches to beat Berlin, 22-16

The key for me is Dingo's strategy of running at Berlin's interior to open things up for their passing game. I think with Gordon going and Murray also looking strong this week, he can have some success. This opens up the 2nd part of his strategy, which if the first is successful I think he'll find some shots against Berlin's secondary.

I like Berlin's game plan, power football and using his playmakers, but he's engaging in trench warfare with a team better equipped than him for trench warfare. 

Charleston's talented defense bottles up Jameis and gets a win here.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I'd be more willing to accept this argument on Jameis if you didn't completely dismiss it last week against Eli

As far as your o line work.  Linsley is solid but Pugh has continued to be a train wreck

I have to go Charleston here, with a heavy running gameplan and Berlin starting two rotational (albeit talented) DTs I don't think they'll be able to hold up all game. I was concerned about Charleston's WR depth but Berlin doesn't have the corners to make them one dimensional.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I have to go Charleston here, with a heavy running gameplan and Berlin starting two rotational (albeit talented) DTs I don't think they'll be able to hold up all game. I was concerned about Charleston's WR depth but Berlin doesn't have the corners to make them one dimensional.

Even against Charleston's average at best interior OL?  And with numbers in the box?

Archived