BDL 2017 Week 3: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos

TedLavie

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Charleston Dingos  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Charleston Dingos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2017 at 02:00 PM

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yea that's a goof ball move, but I think I understood what his base defense was. But it IS dingo, so I could've been wrong.

4-3 is the base defense, but 95% of teams play more Nickel than their base defense so it's just simpler to list my nickel defense in the lineup. 

I think both lineups look solid and have come a long way since last year so well done to both of you.

Looking at this matchup, implosions from both QBs this week but the difference maker I think is that Berlin's OL is playing as well any right now in the BDL and even though Charleston has one of the premier DLs in the BDL, Berlin can keep Winston clean enough to make some plays. The two TE set in this case should be particularly effective with chipping and being able to give Winston quick reads in the middle. On the other side, Charleston's weakness in the OL hurts because despite the banged up DL Berlin's trotting out as well, the pressure off the edge from Lawrence and Houston can't be ignored and Rivers has frankly been very poor this year. Cobb being ruled out definitely hurts as well. I don't see either team having the best day running the ball, but I think Berlin probably gets it rolling a bit more even against a tough front just because of the advantage on the OL.

In the end I think this could be a pretty wacky game if it played out in real life, with defensive touchdowns and some huge plays but I think in football the key to a team being able to consistently perform is the strength of their OL as that is the lowest variance aspect of the game and I think the strength of Berlin's OL is what seals it. I think Charleston has a drive to tie or win the game but they come up short with a walk-off turnover. 

Berlin 24 - Charleston 21 in a nail biter.

This is a close game that would be interesting to see play out in reality. I think Charleston is able to do enough in the running game and Rivers makes enough plays to get the win. Berlin will move the football quite a bit, But Winston is gonna have issues with that back seven. 

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You both apparently have the two greatest football teams ever with no flaws so it's a draw. I abstain 

Oh my team has flaws. But I get the point you're making, I'll make an effort not to have 6 pages worth of nonsense next week. Apologies to everyone who had to read that dribble.

Archived