NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think this year is for evaluation of a young roster. Next year might be the year when they use up that cap space if they think they're close.

If Rivera needs a season off to evaluate the team he shouldn't be a HC in the NFL.  

Just now, lavar703 said:

The same Ryan Grant they said was our best receiver for years? Oh dude lol

I didn't say he was our best WR for years. I certainly didn't ever say he was better then DJax, Garcon or Crowder. I said he was better then some of the guys people wanted to put in front of him who ended up not making the team. Also, him being our most consistent WR in 2017 was more an indictment on how poorly Doctson and Pryor played and how Crowder was inconsistent bc he battled injuries all year.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

If Rivera needs a season off to evaluate the team he shouldn't be a HC in the NFL.  

What, that's ridiculous. Every new HC - especially one who's given total control - needs time to evaluate the organization he's taking over.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Given the team left to him by Bruce Allen, he might need two seasons. 

I disagree.  We have decent talent.  But if that is true and Rivera is not impressed with our talent, then he should have improved the personnel more via free agency.  So that makes no sense.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I disagree.  We have decent talent.  But if that is true and Rivera is not impressed with our talent, then he should have improved the personnel more via free agency.  So that makes no sense.

Decent talent doesn't end the season picking #2 in the draft.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, offbyone said:

That is what film is for.  

I get that but you still are walking into a new situation and entire culture you are trying to change and build. He’s also walking into a team with a 2nd year QB, and tons of young talent. I would hope he’d evaluate that talent for a year to see what he has. 

Also, last years film is going to show him what Gruden and Manusky did with that talent. Rivera, I’m sure thinks he can coach these guys better and get better results.

Edited by turtle28