Final Mock Draft

WindyCity

Round 1

The Atlanta Falcons trade 1[16], 3[] and 3[2021] to the Cleveland Browns for 1[10].

1[1] Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrows, QB, LSU
1[2] Washington Redskins: Chase Young, DE, Ohio St
1[3] Detroit Lions: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
1[4] New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
1[5] Miami Dolphins: Tua Tag, QB, Alabama
1[6] Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
1[7] Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
1[8] Arizona Cardinals : Jedrick Willis, OT, Alabama
1[9] Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeffery Okudah, CB, Ohio St
1[10] Atlanta Falcons [Cle]: C.J Henderson, CB, Florida
1[11] NY Jets: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
1[12] Las Vegas Raiders: Ceedee Lamb, WR,
1[13] San Francisco 49ers [Ind]: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
1[14] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
1[15] Denver Broncos: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1[16] Cleveland Browns [Atl]: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St
1[17] Dallas Cowboys: K'Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU
1[18] Miami Dolphins [Pit]: Josh Jones, OT, Houston
1[19] Las Vegas Raiders [Chi]: A.J Terrell, CB, Clemson
1[20] Jacksonville Jaguars [LAR]: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
1[21] Philadelphia Eagles: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
1[22] Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
1[23] New England Patriots: Jordan Love, QB Utah St
1[24] New Orleans Saints: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
1[25] Minnesota Vikings: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
1[26] Miami Dolphins [Hou]: DeAndre Swift, RB, Georgia
1[27] Seattle Seahawks: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
1[28] Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray, LB, OU
1[29] Tennessee Titans: Kristian Fulton, CB. LSU
1[30] Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
1[31] San Francisco 49ers: Austin Jackson, OT, LSU
1[32] Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

Round 2

2[33] Cincinnati Bengals: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
2[34] Indianapolis Colts: Michael Pittman, WR, USC
2[35] Detroit Lions: Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
2[36] NY Giants: A.J Espenesa, DE, Iowa
2[37] Los Angeles Chargers: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
2[38] Carolina Panthers: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
2[39] Miami Dolphins: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn St
2[40] Houston Texans [AZ]: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
2[41] Cleveland Browns: Grant Delpit, S, LSU
2[42] Jacksonville Jaguars: Neville Gallimore, DT, OU

2[43] WR Brandon Aiyuk [Arizona St] 6' 205lbs, 4.5 [40], 11 reps, 40" vert, 10'8" broad

The Bears are horrible in terms of YAC yards. They were 31st last season and 26th the season before. They throw a lot of short passes and if they do not generate YAC than they become super inefficient. Brandon Aiyuk is the human embodiment of YAC yards. He is a very consistent catcher of the football with a 93.5% on target catch rate. 40% of his catches came on screen passes and he still had 18 yard per catch. We also happen to run a fair number of WR screens ourselves. Aiyuk also lead college football in yards after contact with 378 yards. Added to that production and Aiyuk is a 90% SPARQ athlete and the fact he has only played 2 full years of college football and he could continue to explode.

Brandon Aiyuk, Michael Turk among 4 ASU players on AP Pac-12 Team

2[44] Indianapolis Colts: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
2[45] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
2[46] Denver Broncos: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
2[47] Atlanta Falcons: Marlon Daidson, DT, Aurbun
2[48] New York Jets: Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
2[49] Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Madabukie, DT, Texas A&M
2[50] Seattle Seahawks [Chi]: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
2[51] Dallas Cowboys: Noah I
2[52] Los Angeles Rams: Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana
2[53] Philadelphia Eagles: K.J Hamler, WR, Penn St
2[54] Buffalo Bills: J.K Dobbins, RB, Ohio St
2[55] Baltimore Ravens [Atl]: Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame
2[56] Miami Dolphins [NO]: Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
2[57] Los Angeles Rams [Hou]: Josh Uche, OLB, Michigan
2[58] Minnesota Vikings: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolin

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] and 6[200] to the Seattle Seahawks for 2[59], 4[133] and 1[44]

2[59] CB Damon Arnette [Ohio St] 6' 195lbs, 4.56 [40]

The Bears seem to be sniffing around CBs and both Adam Jahns and Brad Biggs expect them to go CB early in the draft. In this case the WR talent is too much to pass on, but the Bears can still find the press man CB that they need lower in the 2nd round. Arnette did not test super well, but he is a really sticky press man CB that can be a nice fit across from Kyle Fuller who plays a lot of off man. The Bears should have an elite defense, but they have a super unproven CB2 spot and it is hard to role out an elite defense if there is a CB that can be picked on.

2020 NFL draft rankings: Ohio State CB Damon Arnette

4[133] OG Cameron Clark [Charlotte] 6'4" 308lbs, 34" arms, 5.29 [40], 26 reps, 25" vert

I just am struggling to see the Bears make an early pick on the OL if the OTs get picked over and Ruiz is gone. What I can see if Ryan Pace doing what he does with an unsettled position and investing multiple picks on day 3 to give them options. Clark is a small school OT that would be moving to OG, something both KC and NO do frequently. He is a good athlete, with solid length, and bricks for hands. He should come in and develop and compete at RG, while providing LT experience.

1587608556515.png

4[144] S J.R Reed [Georgia] 6'1" 202lbs, 4.54 [40], 15 reps, 34" vert, 10'10" broad

The Bears need options at safety and they need competition. As you may have guessed I love JR Reed, he is solid in coverage, a consistent tackler, a team leader. I think Pace will like him as well as he comes from a school Pace loves and he has the intangibles and intelligence he values. Reed compete at SS right away and gives the Bears another option. I think the Bears can wait till day 3 at safety as it is a position where he has had a ton of success.

J.R. Reed returning to Georgia for senior season

5[163] OT Justin Herron [Wake Forest] 6'4" 308lbs, 33.5" arms, 5.26 [40], 27 reps, 33" vert.

Herron is another small school athletic OLmen with long arms and good tools to work with. Herron needs some time to develop, but he has NFL athletic tools. The Bears need to add some new blood at OT. Pace has drafted 1 OT in 5 years and it has left the Bears dependent on Leno and Massie who are coming off bad seasons. The Bears need some developmental depth and they need someone who can possibly step in at LT if Leno's durability fails for the first time.

Wake Forest now up to seven players lost to ACL tears after LT ...

6[196] TE Dalton Keene [Virginia Tech] 6'4" 253lbs, 4.71 [40], 21 reps, 34" vert, 10'5" broad

The Bears need to continue to add to the TE room and they need to add more guys who can block. Keene has not been very productive because of limited chances in college, but he can block, he can catch and he can play fullback and h-back. Keene is a high intensity and high effort blocker that can set a much different tone in the run game for the Bears.

What is Virginia Tech's Dalton Keene doing before the NFL combine ...

7[226] OLB Trevis Gipson [Tulsa] 6'3" 261lbs, 34" arms, 25 reps

The Bears need to add an athletic developmental edge rusher to develop and play in the rotation this season. Obviously, Quinn and Mack are an awesome 1-2, but the Bears have little pass rush behind them. Mingo is a coverage guy and special teamer. Irving can play the run and on special teams, but both offer very little in terms of pass rush. Gipson is very raw and coming from a lower level of competition at Tulsa, but he has athletic tools and some idea of what he is doing as a pass rusher. Gipson had 8 sacks last season and 4 the year before, he seems to be figuring it out as a pass rusher. The Bears only need him for a couple of reps a game while he learns and develops behind Mack and Quinn.

InsideTulsaSports - Gipson ready to step up for Tulsa

2[233] LB Shaun Bradley [Temple] 6'1" 235lbs, 4.51 [40], 14 reps, 32.5" vert, 10'1 broad

The Bears ILB depth has been wiped out and they need to add a developmental prospect that can challenge Iggy. Bradley is fast ILB prospect that comes from a good defense. Bradley also has some coverage skills as he has 3 INTs in 3 seasons as a starter. Iggy cannot really play defense, we have no idea what Woods can do, and it does not appear that a more experienced backup option is on it's way. The Bears have had success developing ILBs and hopefully they can get Bradley up to speed to contribute in case Trevathan gets injured.
Giants Showing 'Consistent interest' in LB Shaun Bradley: Report ...

Free Agents

RB Devonta Freeman [Atlanta] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

The Bears need an RB2 that can take some pounding off of Montgomery and run between the tackles. Freeman is on the decline, but he is a good fit in the zone system, knows what he is doing and should come cheap.

Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Freeman, Cohen
WR: Robinson, Miller, Aiyuk, Ridley, Wims, Patterson
TE: Graham, Harris, Keene, Horsted, Holtz
LT: Leno, Herron
LG: Daniels, Bars
C: Whitehair
RG: Ifedi/Clark
RT: Massie, Coward

RE: Nichols, RRH
NT: Goldman, Anderson
LE: Hicks, Urban
OLB: Quinn, Mingo
ILB: Smith, Iggy
ILB: Trevathan, Woods, Bradley
OLB: Mack, Irving, Gespin
CB: Fuller, Arnette/Toliver, Roberson, Burns, Skrine
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Bush/Lucas/Reed

Edited by WindyCity

I like this a lot.

I'd go OG at 59 and CB at 133, though.

Keene would be a nice pick. His biggest contribution would be in a role like JP Holtz's last season. He's practically an HB and can be used in a variety of ways.

Gipson could be a steal. The measurables are there, no question.

Small knit pick: I wouldn't say Herron is from a small school btw. I know WF doesn't produce a ton of pros but they do play in the ACC.

Can’t argue at all with those first 2 picks.

Although I am a little worried about Aiyuk’s 2019 coming out of nowhere, I don’t think Ryan Pace is, lol. I prefer Reagor and am a little surprised you have him available too at 43. 

Sign me up on Arnette and I like the volume approach at OL. 

Also a big fan of the Devonta signing. 

Edited by ba_ba_ba_BOOM