Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Draft Thread

coordinator0

My top rated options for us heading into day two:

1. Denzel Mims

2. Zack Baun, Antoine Winfield Jr, Grant Delpit

3. Yetur Gross Matos, Lloyd Cushenberry 

4. Justin Madubuike, KJ Hamler, Jonathan Taylor, D’Andre Swift, JK Dobbins

5. Tyler Biadasz, AJ Epenesa, Jordan Elliot, Marlon Davidson, Ross Blacklock, Ben Bartch, Xavier McKinney, Bryan Edwards

To be honest, if we could come away tomorrow with any of those players on my top two tiers I would be absolutely ecstatic. I feel like trading up for Mims would be well worth it and we would regret not taking him. Also feel similarly with that second tier of players, especially Baun because of our need at pass rush and how he’s got the athleticism and technical proficiency that you’d want. The only thing that made me cool down on him from the first round selection and from being “my guy” was his age and his injury history, but in the second round, his skill set would be well worth the risk.

Beyond that I’m down with just staying put and targeting one of my tier four options for our pick #55 or a slight trade up for the tier 3 options; but with the tier 4 players, each one of those players I see as obvious impact options. Like I said somewhere else I really didn’t see much difference between MOST of the players that were in that 15-60 range (believe at the time I said 5-50, but same difference). So the more picks we can have in that area, the better. The tier 5 options I really like but something concerns me; Tyler Biadasz was my best rated center prospect I’ve ever seen, but his medical moving forward is a little concerning, if the team evaluates him and his medical comes back good, then he’d be an absolute steal as he would be on that tier one level.

I’m also holding out hope that tomorrow is when we can somehow swing that player trade deal for Matt Judon where we can send him somewhere for a package that gets us another 2nd round pick. Whether its something like Judon and a 4th for another teams 2nd. Judon isn’t in the long term plans and if we can flip the combination of Judon (franchise tag), Hurst (essentially one year left as we weren’t likely to option him), and a 4th for at least four years of Zack Baun and Denzel Mims... both very pro ready talents that could step in immediately and help build our championship squad... while providing us plenty of flexibility for the future... I’d be incredibly pleased.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Denzel Mims

5. Tyler Biadasz, AJ Epenesa, Jordan Elliot, Marlon Davidson, Ross Blacklock, Ben Bartch, Xavier McKinney, Bryan Edwards

To be honest, if we could come away tomorrow with any of those players on my top two tiers I would be absolutely ecstatic. I feel like trading up for Mims would be well worth it and we would regret not taking him. Also feel similarly with that second tier of players, especially Baun because of our need at pass rush and how he’s got the athleticism and technical proficiency that you’d want. The only thing that made me cool down on him from the first round selection and from being “my guy” was his age and his injury history, but in the second round, his skill set would be well worth the risk.

Beyond that I’m down with just staying put and targeting one of my tier four options for our pick #55 or a slight trade up for the tier 3 options; but with the tier 4 players, each one of those players I see as obvious impact options. Like I said somewhere else I really didn’t see much difference between MOST of the players that were in that 15-60 range (believe at the time I said 5-50, but same difference). So the more picks we can have in that area, the better. The tier 5 options I really like but something concerns me; Tyler Biadasz was my best rated center prospect I’ve ever seen, but his medical moving forward is a little concerning, if the team evaluates him and his medical comes back good, then he’d be an absolute steal as he would be on that tier one level.

I’m also holding out hope that tomorrow is when we can somehow swing that player trade deal for Matt Judon where we can send him somewhere for a package that gets us another 2nd round pick. Whether its something like Judon and a 4th for another teams 2nd. Judon isn’t in the long term plans and if we can flip the combination of Judon (franchise tag), Hurst (essentially one year left as we weren’t likely to option him), and a 4th for at least four years of Zack Baun and Denzel Mims... both very pro ready talents that could step in immediately and help build our championship squad... while providing us plenty of flexibility for the future... I’d be incredibly pleased.

Where is Higgins?

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Denzel Mims

Small correction, Hurst had two years, then the option. 

I like your list, would throw Terrell Lewis and Raekwon Davis in there as well. 

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

A LOT of talent on the board that could make sense for the Ravens in the second and third; some of the top guys by positions:

Safety:
Xavier McKinney, Alabama
Grant Delpit, LSU
Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota
Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois
Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne

Edge:
AJ Espenesa, Iowa
Yetur Gross-Matos, PSU
Zack Baun, Wisconsin
Terrell Lewis, Alabama
Curtis Weaver, Boise State
Julian Okwara, Notre Dame
Darrell Taylor, Tennessee
Josh Uche, Michigan
Bradlee Anae, Utah

DL:
Ross Blacklock, TCU
Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma
Raekwon Davis, Alabama
Jordan Elliott, Missouri
Marlon Davidson, Auburn

WR:
Denzel Mims, Baylor
Tee Higgins, Clemson
Michael Pittman, Jr., USC
Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado

RB:
D'Andre Swift, Georgia
Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
JK Dobbins, Ohio State

IOL:
Robert Hunt, Louisiana
Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU
Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

OT:
Josh Jones, Houston (good candidate to play down at OG AND swing tackle)

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

At least two of those guys guaranteed to last through #60. 

Four QBs in the first, the expected run on OT prospects, and a more surprising early run on corners appears to have helped keep the board pretty well stacked for us going into day-2.