POLL: Which RB?

Flatlyner

Which RB?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB are you all hoping we end up with in the draft?

• D'Andre Swift
    • Jonathan Taylor
    • Clyde Edwards-Helaire
    • Cam Akers
    • JK Dobbins
    • Zack Moss
    • AJ Dillion
    • Ke'Shawn Vaughn
    • Josh Kelley
    • Eno Benjamin
    • Other - Who?

There are only 3 that I'm looking at, and if we don't have a chance to get those 3 or if it doesn't make sense to select any of those 3 at a certain position in the draft, I'm fine with grabbing someone late and rolling with a duo of Henderson/Brown for next season. 

Those 3 are...

1. JK Dobbins
2. Zack Moss
3. Claude Edwards-Helaire 

• Like 1

I should have included projected rounds they will go in.  I think Moss goes in the 2nd now though.  He's literally my favorite of all of the backs this year.  I have confidence in Henderson's ability, but not his health.  Moss could be our workhorse back with Henderson as change of pace.  If Moss were to drop to 3rd, I doubt he makes it all the way to our pick, sadly.

48 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There are only 3 that I'm looking at, and if we don't have a chance to get those 3 or if it doesn't make sense to select any of those 3 at a certain position in the draft, I'm fine with grabbing someone late and rolling with a duo of Henderson/Brown for next season. 

Those 3 are...

1. JK Dobbins
2. Zack Moss
3. Claude Edwards-Helaire 

Same exact list as me, except I hope Taylor falls.

7 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There needs to be a "trade for Leonard Fournette*" option though 

Really?  I do actually like Fournette quite a bit, but he is on last year of rookie deal. We are OUT of money and it would be a one year rental with loss of cheap draft capitol.

1 minute ago, Flatlyner said:

Really?  I do actually like Fournette quite a bit, but he is on last year of rookie deal. We are OUT of money and it would be a one year rental with loss of cheap draft capitol.

Yeah and if we don't have a chance to grab one of the 3 RBs that I like....I'd throw a 4th at Jacksonville for Fournette. Like you said, he's got 1 year left on his deal AND everyone knows he wants out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I should have included projected rounds they will go in.  I think Moss goes in the 2nd now though.  He's literally my favorite of all of the backs this year.  I have confidence in Henderson's ability, but not his health.  Moss could be our workhorse back with Henderson as change of pace.  If Moss were to drop to 3rd, I doubt he makes it all the way to our pick, sadly.

I honestly think Moss will be there when we pick in the third 

6 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

Man do I hope your right.  I just have a sinking feeling that the NFL likes him more then the pundits do.  I think he goes in 2nd sadly.

I think both things can be true though. I think it’s a fair assumption that a lot of the NFL guys like Moss, he checks almost all the boxes. But the big issue is how long of a career can he have? With a bit of an injury history, and a punishing running style, he is likely to burn bright but flame out quickly. and that’s the issue with using a Top 50-75 pick on a guy like that. You are planning on that pick to get a 2nd contract, where a mid-late 3rd you are planning on him to produce  ost of his rookie deal, and then maybe he gets a second deal from you, but if he doesn’t he isn’t considered a bust

Moss could defiantly go before our pick #84, almost for sure before #104, but that’s the chess game all GMs have to play

• Like 1

Kind of conflicted about taking a RB. Think we should address other areas first but it’s a really good class. 

From the latest rumblings seems very unlikely CEH will be there when we go on the clock.

Voted for Moss if we can draft other guys with our 2s and get him with a third.