Day 2 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

Wtf. Iv never seen the Jets at number one in my life. Not in a good way anyway!! 

Can anyone give me some more info on Ashtyn Davis. Can he convert to outside Cb? 

Ashtyn Davis is a world class hurdler who placed 2nd and 3rd in meets to the eventual world champion Grant Holloway. As a football player, Davis is a relentless worker who put in the time as walk-on track star to become a starter. His movement skills translate to football functionality.

Great range, slot ability, good mental processing, but he has a frail frame and isn't the best tackler and maybe won't be able to hold up in the physical grind of the league. A lot of scouts think he has the mirror match movement, recovery speed, and ability in phase to be a really good corner if FS doesn't work out.

Denzel Mims has immediate quality starter ability and the traits and intangibles to be a bonafide star by year 2 or 3.

Mekhi Becton is an immediate starter with quality starter upside and beyond if he can maintain his conditioning and weight and go all in on technique as a pass blocker.

Jabari Zuniga imo is one of the most underrated players in the draft who's rush from inside alignments is more devastating then out on the edge where he's highly effective. He plays with grown man strength but needs better technique and repertoire of moves. He has pro-bowl upside imo by year 3 or 4.

3 hours ago, VanS said:

Dolphins and Redskins have had 2 of the worst drafts thus far IMO.

The best drafts belong to the Ravens and Jaguars.  Love almost all their picks especially Dobbins,  Chaisson, and Shenault. 

At the time I wrote that Washington had two picks and got two future superstars... Antonio Gibson is going to be an unbelievable playmaker as a slot-WR, out the backfield RB, and RB much utilized in a Christian McCaffrey and Alvin Kamara style role. He's one of the most underrated players in the draft imo.

Chase Yong speaks for itself.

I like Baltimore's draft as well.

The Jaguars had some good picks as well, but I'm not a big believer in Chaisson's next level ability nor in Shenault's ability to stay healthy but their both two really good people and have upside.,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Aren't you the guy obsessed with athleticism to the exclusion of all else?

No.  I'm obsessed with the eye test.  I watch games and rate the guys who have the best talent.  I don't really care that much about combine metrics other than to confirm what I saw on the field.

Typically the most talented players on tape have elite physical tools.  But that's not always the case.