NFCN rivals picks

dll2000

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It means that the Packers got wind that the Bears were looking to move up for Love. 

Still think it's more likely it was Indianapolis or New England.  Bill Belichick already admitted that it wasn't by design not to take a QB.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It means that teams talk.  And it's not like people don't have a strong idea of what's going to transpire.  There's some level of uncertainty, but teams have a decent idea.  The farther you get away from the first pick, the more uncertainty comes into play.  Green Bay sitting at 30 likely had several trade discussions with teams ahead of them and behind them.  They can connect the dots.

It was just a joke.  Not one of my best.  So they cheated.   So what?  Not like they played with a football that was 10 PSI too low. 

Still think it's more likely it was Indianapolis or New England.  Bill Belichick already admitted that it wasn't by design not to take a QB.

Still think you're wrong. But either way, it was not at all a bad move by Green Bay. 

50 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Still think you're wrong. But either way, it was not at all a bad move by Green Bay. 

That's fine.  But I'd rather be aggressive and get my guy then risk missing out on your guy.  I mean, nobody is hating on the Chiefs for dealing up for Patrick Mahomes or the Texans for trading up for Deshaun Watson.  At the end of the day, it just depends on what happens with Love.  If Love turns out to be a success, that fourth round pick is going to be an afterthought.  Same thing last year when Packers' fans were upset they traded up for Savage.

• Like 3

That's fine.  But I'd rather be aggressive and get my guy then risk missing out on your guy.  I mean, nobody is hating on the Chiefs for dealing up for Patrick Mahomes or the Texans for trading up for Deshaun Watson.  At the end of the day, it just depends on what happens with Love.  If Love turns out to be a success, that fourth round pick is going to be an afterthought.  Same thing last year when Packers' fans were upset they traded up for Savage.

Love is going to be a stud. All the media hate on the Green Bay draft is stupefying. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think Lafluer wants to try to build 2019 49ers.  Especially after they puddle stomped him twice.

Speaking of 49ers if they can acquire Young when Montana is still a stud and Broncos can acquire Maddox with Elway then Packers can draft a QB in first.   And of course Rodgers himself with Favre.  

Still Shannon Sharpe said when Broncos took Maddox Elway was uber pissed.  Can’t imagine Rodgers is a happy camper.  Can you?  

Heck Ben R was pissed when they took a QB in 3rd. 

I guess they are thinking what’s he going to do about it? 

Maddox was one that didn’t work out.  Jimmy Johnson known as an amazing drafter and finder of talent took Walsh no. 2 overall in supplemental draft after having just took Aikman no. 1. 

Obviously Rodgers, Mahomes and Young worked out. 

Edited by dll2000

41 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Can’t imagine Rodgers is a happy camper.  Can you?  

Probably not.  But I also think he's smart enough to not go down the same path that he and Rodgers went down over a decade ago.  If this pick does nothing but lights a fire under Rodgers' behind, that's a HUGE success.  If they get a franchise QB out of it too?  Damn.  That's probably a pick that the other 31 teams are kicking themselves for years.  Rodgers is a competitor, but he's also a bit high strung.  He's left thrown on the fields, and if this reels him in even a tad then this pick is a success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Can’t imagine Rodgers is a happy camper.  Can you?

All due respect....but who cares how he feels?
Thats fan and sportsmedia speak.

ARs a professional. A well paid professional. He's got a job to do...which he's not excelled at recently.
Due to injury? Due to "disagreements" with the HC? Due to "he's feeling a bit fat, happy and unreachable?"

Dont know/cant say.

AR needs to ball out again. The weapons are there. The completion opportunities are there. He needs to throw the damn ball. 
He's paid to make smart decisions and deliver the football accurately. Others are paid to run, catch and then run some more.
The others cant do their job if the guy who's job it is to deliver the ball is "missing" opportunities and throwing the ball away at a record pace.

In hindsight, its probably no accident that the GB offense seemed to "click" the best when it was on its initial "scripted" plays.
Boom. March on down the field and score....not always score...but for dramatic effect it makes the commentary that much more compelling. But after that 15-20 plays? Not so productive. The question is why....and I think the GM/HC have an answer.

If AR gets back to (or gets to) throwing in rhythm.....good things transpire. He gets to "winging it".....good things can (and do) transpire - but less frequently and with less assurance.

See soap box.
See me step off soap box and walk away :)

Edited by Leader

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

All due respect....but who cares how he feels?
Thats fan and sportsmedia speak.

ARs a professional. A well paid professional. He's got a job to do...which he's not excelled at recently.
Due to injury? Due to "disagreements" with the HC? Due to "he's feeling a bit fat, happy and unreachable?"

Dont know/cant say.

AR needs to ball out again. The weapons are there. The completion opportunities are there. He needs to throw the damn ball. 
He's paid to make smart decisions and deliver the football accurately. Others are paid to run, catch and then run some more.
The others cant do their job if the guy who's job it is to deliver the ball is "missing" opportunities and throwing the ball away at a record pace.

In hindsight, its probably no accident that the GB offense seemed to "click" the best when it was on its initial "scripted" plays.
Boom. March on down the field and score....not always score...but for dramatic effect it makes the commentary that much more compelling. But after that 15-20 plays? Not so productive. The question is why....and I think the GM/HC have an answer.

If AR gets back to (or gets to) throwing in rhythm.....good things transpire. He gets to "winging it".....good things can (and do) transpire - but less frequently and with less assurance.

See soap box.
See me step off soap box and walk away :)

These are still people.  Even a slave can have his little rebellions.  Never a good idea to be a jerk to the people who cook your food.  

You'll care if his unhappiness leads to actions or a lack of best effort.  NBA players with guaranteed contracts lay down on coaches all the time to force change.  Rarer in NFL, but not impossible.

Not like an unhappy employee, even a professional, has never caused problems for an employer.

Doesn't have to be laying down or anything overt.   Maybe he doesn't put in any extra time with young players or stay and watch film with coach and game plan.  That kind of thing.  Puts in his required time and goes home.

Edited by dll2000

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

These are still people.  Even a slave can have his little rebellions.  Never a good idea to be a jerk to the people who cook your food. You'll care if his unhappiness leads to actions or a lack of best effort.  NBA players with guaranteed contracts lay down on coaches all the time to force change.  Rarer in NFL, but not impossible. Not like an unhappy employee, even a professional, has never caused problems for an employer. Doesn't have to be laying down or anything overt.   Maybe he doesn't put in any extra time with young players or stay and watch film with coach and game plan.  That kind of thing.  Puts in his required time and goes home.

I hear ya.....but its not like GB is pissing on AR.

Even he's talking about "being on the back nine....."
Well.....we;ve been there and done that already with a QB......

All AR has to do is exactly what he's said he'd do. That if GB drafts an heir apparent (as opposed to some 5th round scrub....) "he wont beat me out"

Good. Fine with me and (I'd bet) everybody else in the GB organization. We ALL hope he kicks up his game a notch and (I'd bet) everybody thinks he's got it in him still. 

That doesnt happen (?) and if Love shows he's got the stuff? The parties split company. Not on bad terms...but based on production. Again - listen - we won 13 games last year. A shipwreck the GBPs are not even close to....but they're a smart / proactive organization IMO. They got AR based on those actions - together they've had many good years - and if ARs play kicks up a notch - the marriage will stay intact.

There's signs ARs game has dropped a notch. Not egregiously. Small stuff. His discipline...fundamentals...execution...less than sharp. Maybe this will refocus him. Much like Favre getting shown the door sharpened him up at the end.

Only time will tell.

We're still gonna kick the Bears *** twice a year. If you were worried about that.....no need. You can bank on that whomever is our QB :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I hear ya.....but its not like GB is pissing on AR.

Even he's talking about "being on the back nine....."
Well.....we;ve been there and done that already with a QB......

All AR has to do is exactly what he's said he'd do. That if GB drafts an heir apparent (as opposed to some 5th round scrub....) "he wont beat me out"

Good. Fine with me and (I'd bet) everybody else in the GB organization. We ALL hope he kicks up his game a notch and (I'd bet) everybody thinks he's got it in him still. 

That doesnt happen (?) and if Love shows he's got the stuff? The parties split company. Not on bad terms...but based on production. Again - listen - we won 13 games last year. A shipwreck the GBPs are not even close to....but they're a smart / proactive organization IMO. They got AR based on those actions - together they've had many good years - and if ARs play kicks up a notch - the marriage will stay intact.

There's signs ARs game has dropped a notch. Not egregiously. Small stuff. His discipline...fundamentals...execution...less than sharp. Maybe this will refocus him. Much like Favre getting shown the door sharpened him up at the end.

Only time will tell.

We're still gonna kick the Bears *** twice a year. If you were worried about that.....no need. You can bank on that whomever is our QB :)

That's fine.  These things are cyclical.  You have gotten better of us last couple of decades.  You'll have your day in the sun and I'll have mine.  

I just think not drafting him any explosive weapons (again) or upgrading O line and then trading up to draft his replacement is not going to be the motivating elixir you believe it to be.

BTW, when I or anyone from here comes to your forum I don't want to be ignored or called a troll.   Or at least I want to be defended.  I know you can't control everyone. 

I don't think anyone has been rude to you.

Edited by dll2000

I'll reply out of sequence......

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I just think not drafting him any explosive weapons (again) or upgrading O line and then trading up to draft his replacement is not going to be the motivating elixir you believe it to be.

If AR is the competitor I think he is it will.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

BTW, when I or anyone from here comes to your forum I don't want to be ignored or called a troll.   Or at least I want to be defended.  I know you can't control everyone. I don't think anyone has been rude to you.

? Who was being "rude?"
Did you not see the :) ? Its intended to indicate a lighthearted comment has just been made.
Since when did football fans become etiquette queens? It was a joke. You know...between longtime rivals? Geeezz.
But we're still gonna.....oh, okay. I wont say it. Dont want to make anybody cry :)

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'll reply out of sequence......

If AR is the competitor I think he is it will.

? Who was being "rude?"
Did you not see the :) ? Its intended to indicate a lighthearted comment has just been made.
Since when did football fans become etiquette queens? It was a joke. You know...between longtime rivals? Geeezz.
But we're still gonna.....oh, okay. I wont say it. Dont want to make anybody cry :)

Not now.  In past.  You are fine. 

• Like 1