Draft Day Two Thread

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I'm a fan of his.

Nothing special about him just a rock solid player.

I like him better than YGM, who similarly just doesn't have any real dynamic standout element to speak of.  Epenesa more versatile too i think.  Obviously become a very "dynamic traits" sort of scouting league these days.

20 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Still feel like all the weapons in the world won't matter that much, if they can't fix the OLine.  You just cannot go into this year with the same unit and expect it to miraculously be better.

We're just kinda at a crappy position where we either score 20 points in a flashy way but absorb a lot of sacks, or do it by protecting the QB but never having anyone open. Same thing on the defense; we're gonna give up 28 per game. It's just do we want to get smashed by a run game or allow 40 TD passes on the year.

If we're going to lose anyway, I'd rather just score an exciting 20 than a boring 20. And in two years when we might actually field a competent team, to have skill position players with 2 years of experience over one seems like a bigger boon than to have OL with two years of experience over one, given WRs take a little while longer to adjust to the game than OL does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

We're just kinda at a crappy position where we either score 20 points in a flashy way but absorb a lot of sacks, or do it by protecting the QB but never having anyone open. Same thing on the defense; we're gonna give up 28 per game. It's just do we want to get smashed by a run game or allow 40 TD passes on the year.

If we're going to lose anyway, I'd rather just score an exciting 20 than a boring 20. And in two years when we might actually field a competent team, to have skill position players with 2 years of experience over one seems like a bigger boon than to have OL with two years of experience over one, given WRs take a little while longer to adjust to the game than OL does.

Don't think the OL is as terrible as we think.

It's definitely not good but if we can get a RG upgrade over Cann/Richardson in the mid rounds I would feel solid about the unit. If Cam can just get a bit better this year after another year out from the ACL....

Linder and Taylor are solid. Norwell is ok with a terrible play every few games that make him easy to **** on.

Idk, I want a couple guys, think interior help is a must, but besides that it's not super essential imo.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Fair enough.  I just hate being in the ugly sorta...bad middleground.

If we're talking about like OTs here though, the guys left...i think first year is probably mostly a redshirt.  So we'd be talking about in two years...a guy with one year of actual experience probably.  Might even be a longer transition than receivers and stuff.  And a RB...well...they don't need experience, they need fresh legs.

If we're talking OGs though, maybe it's a quicker transition for the guys left still.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Double dip with Mims?

My thing is I think Cole gets a legit shot (deservedly so). Dede had his worst year as a pro and battled a shoulder problem all year but played through it. Conley is a fine #4 type.

Guess it depends what the real plan with Viska is. I'd obviously be thrilled with it but we have ok depth at the position. Just needed a guy oppo Chark.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

My thing is I think Cole gets a legit shot (deservedly so). Dede had his worst year as a pro and battled a shoulder problem all year but played through it. Conley is a fine #4 type.

Guess it depends what the real plan with Viska is. I'd obviously be thrilled with it but we have ok depth at the position. Just needed a guy oppo Chark.

Yeah.  Don't think we really need more clutter at the bottom-end of the roster.  There's always so much competition for snaps, it'd be tough for a rookie at this point.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Don't think the OL is as terrible as we think.

It's definitely not good but if we can get a RG upgrade over Cann/Richardson in the mid rounds I would feel solid about the unit. If Cam can just get a bit better this year after another year out from the ACL....

Linder and Taylor are solid. Norwell is ok with a terrible play every few games that make him easy to **** on.

Idk, I want a couple guys, think interior help is a must, but besides that it's not super essential imo.

I just don't really see how i'm supposed to think otherwise...if they basically just roll into this year with the same OLine that was literally so bad they couldn't play Foles.  Like...it was a really bad OLine.  Couldn't really run that effectively, couldn't pass protect at all.  I just don't see how that's acceptable, or gives you the time and space to really execute a well choreographed offense and make use of "weapons".