Minnesota 511: Rhodes closed

Klomp

Week 1: Michael Thomas - 5 catches, 45 yards, 0 touchdowns
Week 2: Antonio Brown - 5 catches, 62 yards, 0 touchdowns
Week 3: Mike Evans - 7 catches, 67 yards, 0 touchdowns

Accounting for when they were actually covered by Rhodes:

Three of the better WRs in the league already have dealt with detours early in the 2017 season. Will the construction continue all season long, closing off access to an entire side of the field, or is this a short-term construction project?

And when you look at what those receivers did in their other games so far this season, it puts it in even better perspective. 

Mike Thomas: 5 catches, 89 yards & 7 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD

Antonio Brown: 10 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD & 11 catches, 182 yards. 

Mike Evans: 7 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Rhodes gets recognition as a top 10 CB.

I think he's top 5.

He is top 5.  I'm not sure there are many better than him.  As far as for the Vikings, I think I could even make the argument already that he's the best CB in franchise history...as much as I love Antoine Winfield (and Carl Lee), I think Xavier is the best CB I've seen wearing the Vikings' uniform.

Cornerback Xavier Rhodes has now held two of the NFL’s best receivers, Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown, to 67 and 62 yards, respectively, without a touchdown to either. But Rhodes said he went “too far” at one point in Sunday’s win, when he was flagged for taunting Evans after Trae Waynes intercepted Jameis Winston.

Rhodes: “It was just heat of the moment, heat of the battle. One of those moments you’re out there fighting for your teammates. You and your opponent going at it, went too far.”

http://www.startribune.com/dalvin-cook-s-big-workload-with-vikings-demands-he-maintain-his-body-with-newfound-necessities/447821133/

14 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I remember that draft. Rhodes the most wanted CB by me. And there were 3-4 well ranked ones including Trufant, but I really wanted Rhodes. 

I wanted Rhodes bad as well. I'm sure he would've been the pick at 23 had Sharrif not fallen. I really thought Indy was going to grab Rhodes at 24, I'm glad they went with Bjorn Werner instead. 

Archived