The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Saw that.  Tiny dude wasn't hurting nobody.  I just can't believe he even attempted to make that fighter flinch.  

Guy was a complete idiot but the MMA guy should be able to show more self control.  The guy probably has insane takedowns and ground game compared to a regular person so no need to throw a punch or 5.

48 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Guy was a complete idiot but the MMA guy should be able to show more self control.  The guy probably has insane takedowns and ground game compared to a regular person so no need to throw a punch or 5.

Yeah I agree.  The guy was like 8 inches shorter than him too.  Just overkill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Carr has a winning record if not for keys and arnettes bone headed, stupid *ss, f-up plays. It’s that simple. Btw, NO, I’m not gonna celebrate a 9-7 record!!!!!!!

Or the falcons game if he could’ve just limited the turnovers vs atl that’s win #9

I’m not gonna disagree with the Atlanta game, can’t remember a game I cussed him as hard (and I’m a realistic fan, I’ve cussed him when he’s deserved it, trust me) I’m only mentioning Miami because that one should’ve been in the bag. And yes, the jets game was the opposite. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or the falcons game if he could’ve just limited the turnovers vs atl that’s win #9

They still would needed to figure out that incredible Falcons D.  We only score 2 FGs and had around 6-7 1st downs.

10 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I’m not gonna disagree with the Atlanta game, can’t remember a game I cussed him as hard (and I’m a realistic fan, I’ve cussed him when he’s deserved it, trust me) I’m only mentioning Miami because that one should’ve been in the bag. And yes, the jets game was the opposite. 

I remember kicking all those fgs thinking it’s gonna come back to bite us in the arse gotta put teams away. Doesn’t excuse the defense but you can’t win with fgs. Esp when the week before we put up 27 with mm.

Crazy thing about that mm chargers game

a) we had 27 first downs which was our 2nd highest all season 28 vs no was our best

b) 173 yrds rushing third highest all year 209 vs cle & 203 vs den pt1 and it ended a 4 game streak of us not cracking 100yrds rushing including a 40 yard rushing effort vs atl

c) 449 total yards on offense third highest all season 

d) we go from tds with mm to fgs with carr

Defense still failed at the end tho plus the mm int. but the offense arguably looked much better under mm

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I remember kicking all those fgs thinking it’s gonna come back to bite us in the arse gotta put teams away. Doesn’t excuse the defense but you can’t win with fgs. Esp when the week before we put up 27 with mm.

Crazy thing about that mm chargers game

a) we had 27 first downs which was our 2nd highest all season 28 vs no was our best

b) 173 yrds rushing third highest all year 209 vs cle & 203 vs den pt1 and it ended a 4 game streak of us not cracking 100yrds rushing including a 40 yard rushing effort vs atl

c) 449 total yards on offense third highest all season 

d) we go from tds with mm to fgs with carr

Defense still failed at the end tho plus the mm int. but the offense arguably looked much better under mm

The obvious thing to this is that it went to OT, so an extra Quarter of Football Id assume helped. 

To the bold, game on the line in OT, we kicked a FG from the 6. 

As to the 3rd most rushing yards, it was also the 3rd most attempts Jacobs got all year. . .Cle and NO being the other 2 as well 

Edited by BackinBlack

31 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The obvious thing to this is that it went to OT, so an extra Quarter of Football Id assume helped. 

To the bold, game on the line in OT, we kicked a FG from the 6. 

As to the 3rd most rushing yards, it was also the 3rd most attempts Jacobs got all year. . .Cle and NO being the other 2 as well 

Ot only produced a fg we had 3 tds vs chargers and only 2 vs Mia 

jacobs also mentioned how for the first time defenses had to play him honest and not crash down because defenses feared mm ability to improvise. 

we were slumping in the run game which helps us move the chains 89 vs kc pt2, 40 vs atl, 72 vs jets, 79 vs colts then mm helps us get 173 then 103 vs Mia & 104 vs den.

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

jacobs also mentioned how for the first time defenses had to play him honest and not crash down because defenses feared mm ability to improvise. 

we were slumping in the run game which helps us move the chains 89 vs kc pt2, 40 vs atl, 72 vs jets, 79 vs colts then mm helps us get 173 then 103 vs Mia & 104 vs den.

OT produced 75 yards, and 50 on the ground. So it directly skewed those stats that you listed. 
Why not go Chargers vs Chargers? Instead of Chargers vs MIA? Played a month apart, not too much difference elsewhere. 
Derek Carr 4 Tds - Mariota 3 Tds.
Derek Carr win, Mariota loss. 

To the bold, thats great Jacobs mentioned that. its a shame he only earned 76 yards on 26 carries then. WTF. If its the only time they played him honest, he needs to play way better.  His longest run also came with Carr in the game. 

MM def helps us in the run game because he got 80 himself, but our rbs were still struggling. 

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

MM can definitely run the rock. We should have redzone/short yardage packages for him for sure.

Help talk me through this one. 
Wins losses is a QB stat to you right?
We go from TDs to FGs with Carr vs Mariota.

Mariotas one game on the line, 1st and goal from the 5, Mariota settles for a FG. (not his fault, they were brutal play calls)
Next week, Derek Carr settles for a FG (again brutal play calls), and we lose. 

0-2 in both. . .both weeks with the game on the line we settle for FGs. 
-
Mariota gets a pass because he was coming off the bench, but Carr doesnt get a pass because we clearly were running clock low and expecting our D not to give up 60 yards in 20 seconds?

Seems wild to me. 

Also, just because it was another stat you threw out, I want to give some context lol.
By comparing MM Charger game vs DC and the dolphins saying MM got 27 and DC only got 25. . . 
one D was 4th overall in scoring D, the other was 23rd.
does that not play a factor into anything ?? LOL

Chargers gave up 26.6 points a game, so we were 0.4 above their average.
Miami gave up 21.1 so we 3.9 above their average. 

Scoring 25 against Miami was statistically more impressive then 27 against the chargers...

Miami was 2-4 when giving up more than 25. 
Imagine only 6 games giving up 25+. 

We were 5-8 giving up 25+

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:43 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

In 14 of Carr’s amazing comeback victories the defense gave up 24 points or less crazy huh lol

so when we give up a reasonable amount of points, we tend to win. Hmm, go figure. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

OT produced 75 yards, and 50 on the ground. So it directly skewed those stats that you listed. 
Why not go Chargers vs Chargers? Instead of Chargers vs MIA? Played a month apart, not too much difference elsewhere. 
Derek Carr 4 Tds - Mariota 3 Tds.
Derek Carr win, Mariota loss. 

To the bold, thats great Jacobs mentioned that. its a shame he only earned 76 yards on 26 carries then. WTF. If its the only time they played him honest, he needs to play way better.  His longest run also came with Carr in the game. 

MM def helps us in the run game because he got 80 himself, but our rbs were still struggling. 

Only earned 76 yards lol I know that’s sad but imagine the previous 4 games 

55yrs vs kc

27 vs atl

49 vs Indy 

69 vs Mia 

now that’s depressing