The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Ok bro, Carr’s the reason our defense sucks. You win. He’s gives them leads with 19 seconds left with no time outs but it’s his fault we still lose. Got it 🙌🏽

You initially got mad cause I said the defense was semi bad but the offensive mistakes turned the defense into epic garbage….

44 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Ok bro, Carr’s the reason our defense sucks. You win. He’s gives them leads with 19 seconds left with no time outs but it’s his fault we still lose. Got it 🙌🏽

If we would've scored a TD instead of FG would've won the game.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You initially got mad cause I said the defense was semi bad but the offensive mistakes turned the defense into epic garbage….

Define semi bad? We were bad at takeaways, points per drive, late in the game, etc. I agree the offense had some bad turnovers in a few games, Carr included (atl especially), but they were horrendous for most of the year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s sad because this is all you have these days. Like it’s a legitimate question and your only answer is trolling. I’ll wait for a concrete answer. 

I don't care to continue going back and forth, as I've said I'd consider Goff, Carr, Jimmy G, Cousins all on a similar tier. 

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

one year he finally found his deep ball and his main deep ball sidekick left…think about that for a second 

now…what’s your thoughts on backnblack’s breakdown of the effects Carr’s mistakes had on the defense and how the offense took the defense from semi bad to epic garbage levels 

You make it sound like he never had the skills and it was a miracle he discovered how to throw a deep ball.  Once again a clear lack of understanding about football, quarterback play and talent evaluation of the Raiders roster.  I expect nothing less from you... 

Carr finally had a WR corp that was an upgrade over the flat out garbage he had to throw to over the last few years.  The WR corp last year was still below average considering his number 1 WR was cast off trash from Philly.  NA should be thanking Carr for not only reviving his career but making him a very rich man. 

I have no clue what Backinblack said about "Carr's mistakes and what effect they had on the D".  Do turnover adversely effect a D, sure they do.  I don't think anyone on here likes turnovers from an O but to think that Carr's the reason our D was giving up 30 points a game and was ranked the worst D of the decade is so insane, it's not even worth my time to respond.  

Take a look at the bum players we have on D and lack of depth as to why our D is terrible YOY.  You blame Carr for our D being the worst of the decade.  Flat out comical and just like I said a you completely lack an understanding about football and it's complexities. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Define semi bad? We were bad at takeaways, points per drive, late in the game, etc. I agree the offense had some bad turnovers in a few games, Carr included (atl especially), but they were horrendous for most of the year. 

Semi bad because we had a few good defensive games kc(1st), cle etc etc but most of the time we were bad. No sacks no ints missed tackles etc etc. 

52 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You make it sound like he never had the skills and it was a miracle he discovered how to throw a deep ball.  Once again a clear lack of understanding about football, quarterback play and talent evaluation of the Raiders roster.  I expect nothing less from you... 

Carr finally had a WR corp that was an upgrade over the flat out garbage he had to throw to over the last few years.  The WR corp last year was still below average considering his number 1 WR was cast off trash from Philly.  NA should be thinking Carr for not only reviving his career but making him a very rich man. 

I have no clue what Backinblack said about "Carr's mistakes and what effect they had on the D".  Do turnover adversely effect a D, sure they do.  I don't think anyone on here likes turnovers from an O but to think that Carr's the reason our D was giving up 30 points a game and was ranked the worst D of the decade is so insane, it's not even worth my time to respond.  

Take a look at the bum players we have on D and lack of depth as to why our D is terrible YOY.  You blame Carr for our D being the worst of the decade.  Flat out comical and just like I said a you completely lack an understanding about football and it's complexities. 

Lol what last time I checked NA is a super bowl champ and I’m pretty sure that means a lot to some people. If anything NA took carr to another level that we haven’t seen before. Don’t act like carr has always been a deep pass boss he’s a check down king. 

Curious what where Carr’s best 5 games last year in your opinion? 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol what last time I checked NA is a super bowl champ and I’m pretty sure that means a lot to some people. If anything NA took carr to another level that we haven’t seen before. Don’t act like carr has always been a deep pass boss he’s a check down king. 

Curious what where Carr’s best 5 games last year in your opinion? 

#clueless.   WR Mack Hollins won a SB with the Eagles is 2018, does that make him a good WR?  You seriously can't be so clueless as to think that winning a SB makes a player good.  

The reason Carr hasn't went deep in prior years is because he has never had the weapons to do so.  Once again you make is sound like a miracle that he figured out how to "go deep" at 29 years old without looking at the situation objectively.    

I truly find it remarkable how so many of you can post nonstop opinions that lack context and an overall understanding of the complexities of the NFL.  Why even watch games if you can't understand how the game works? 

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

#clueless.   WR Mack Hollins won a SB with the Eagles is 2018, does that make him a good WR?  You seriously can't be so clueless as to think that winning a SB makes a player good.  

The reason Carr hasn't went deep in prior years is because he has never had the weapons to do so.  Once again you make is sound like a miracle that he figured out how to "go deep" at 29 years old without looking at the situation objectively.    

I truly find it remarkable how so many of you can post nonstop opinions that lack context and an overall understanding of the complexities of the NFL.  Why even watch games if you can't understand how the game works? 

Seriously? Lol Mack hollins? 
NA had triple the yards and tds that Mack had. Are you telling me NA wasn’t a major reason phi won the sb?

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Seriously? Lol Mack hollins? 
NA had triple the yards and tds that Mack had. Are you telling me NA wasn’t a major reason phi won the sb?

David Tyree was a "major reason" the Giants won a SB.  Are you telling me he is a good WR?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

David Tyree was a "major reason" the Giants won a SB.  Are you telling me he is a good WR?

Answer the NA question lol. Carr didn’t play with tyree

was NA a major reason they won the super bowl? Yes or no?

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Answer the NA question lol. Carr didn’t play with tyree

was NA a major reason they won the super bowl? Yes or no?

It depends on your definition of "major reason".  9 for 84 and 0 TD's... meh

Is Nick Foles a major reason the Eagles won a SB...  Yes, is he a good QB.  no, he is trash.

Look at NA's whole career (500/3 TD average per season in Philly) and not just a small window.  There was not one Eagles fan sad to see him go.  The guy was a meme he was so bad in Philly...

#clueless...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It depends on your definition of "major reason".  9 for 84 and 0 TD's... meh

Is Nick Foles a major reason the Eagles won a SB...  Yes, is he a good QB.  no, he is trash.

Look at NA's whole career (500/3 TD average per season in Philly) and not just a small window.  There was not one Eagles fan sad to see him go.  The guy was a meme he was so bad in Philly...

#clueless...

In 2017

started 10 out of 16 games

2nd on team in catches 

3rd on team in receiving yards

tied for 2nd on team in receiving tds

also had the longest catch of that year 72 yards

again are you saying he’s not a major reason they won the sb that year?