The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

JB is a good player, but I hope he doesn't see many target. I'm hoping Ruggs and Edwards emerge this year. 

JB can be a good player but can also have really bad years.  I am not really familiar with him outside of last year because I enjoyed watching Josh Allen play.  Last year he did not look good.  Something just seemed like it was off.  Looking at his stats shows that he can have good years.  In is career he has had 2 good years, 2 average years, 2 below average years, and 1 bad year.  He has had good QB play with the exception of 2018 and 2019 but those were his 1st and 3rd best seasons.  Funny that as his QBs get worse he gets better.  So if Carr goes down and we have to bring Peterman iin he might have an amazing season.  You cold argue that Brown has had better QBs his entire career than what Agholor had with the Eagles.

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i'll say that last year Vic was giving a lot of buzz to Agholor, telling everybody that he was going to be involved in the offense. This year he's giving those vibes about Zay Jones, not John Brown

This is true haven’t really heard much about JB. Hopefully that means the starters are doing their thing. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, Turnobili said:

i'll say that last year Vic was giving a lot of buzz to Agholor, telling everybody that he was going to be involved in the offense. This year he's giving those vibes about Zay Jones, not John Brown

During OTA's he was singing Brown's praises but I literally haven't heard anything about him all training camp. But we have heard a lot of positive reports about Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, and Jones so that's probably why. I've also heard absolutely nothing about Snead. 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, drfrey13 said:

JB can be a good player but can also have really bad years.  I am not really familiar with him outside of last year because I enjoyed watching Josh Allen play.  Last year he did not look good.  Something just seemed like it was off.  Looking at his stats shows that he can have good years.  In is career he has had 2 good years, 2 average years, 2 below average years, and 1 bad year.  He has had good QB play with the exception of 2018 and 2019 but those were his 1st and 3rd best seasons.  Funny that as his QBs get worse he gets better.  So if Carr goes down and we have to bring Peterman iin he might have an amazing season.  You cold argue that Brown has had better QBs his entire career than what Agholor had with the Eagles.

Brown was injured last year. He wasn’t 100%.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Brown was injured last year. He wasn’t 100%.

I know he was injured but even when he was healthy something looked off.  Brown's average production is not impressive.  Could he have a 1000 yard season?  Of course but he could just as easy have a sub 500 yard season.  He could come in and be the next Agholor but I would not bet on it.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

During OTA's he was singing Brown's praises but I literally haven't heard anything about him all training camp. But we have heard a lot of positive reports about Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, and Jones so that's probably why. I've also heard absolutely nothing about Snead. 

ive heard nothing about snead either, but the sense i get from Vic (if you trust him, of course), is that the WR room is pretty much set. during OTAs he was calling Dillon Stoner a sleeper to get the 6th WR spot, but since backed off that saying he was wrong. I think Snead is the only guy they trust to be a true slot if Renfrow gets hurt

9 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

ive heard nothing about snead either, but the sense i get from Vic (if you trust him, of course), is that the WR room is pretty much set. during OTAs he was calling Dillon Stoner a sleeper to get the 6th WR spot, but since backed off that saying he was wrong. I think Snead is the only guy they trust to be a true slot if Renfrow gets hurt

I could see DJ Turner making the roster because of his return ability and he has been targeted a ton during the preseason. Think they'd want the 6th WR to be able to contribute on special teams and Turner/Stoner are both a lot cheaper than Snead. 

ETA: Actually nvm Snead's deal is almost fully guaranteed so he's likely making it with one of Turner/Stoner stashed on the PS.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm using the Sleeper App for the fantasy and they have Carr as like QB28, lol. 

Carr wasn’t even in the nfl top 100 which I’ll admit kinda surprised me thought they could’ve squeezed him in there. Especially with all the “if carr was available x number of teams would be blowing up our phones”. 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr wasn’t even in the nfl top 100 which I’ll admit kinda surprised me thought they could’ve squeezed him in there. Especially with all the “if carr was available x number of teams would be blowing up our phones”. 

I'm personally not a huge Carr fan but the slander has gotten out of hand. Carr's not an elite player but he's definitely in the 12-14 range. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm personally not a huge Carr fan but the slander has gotten out of hand. Carr's not an elite player but he's definitely in the 12-14 range. 

Josh jacobs was in the top 100 but I think carr is wayyyyyy more valuable/better than him 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm using the Sleeper App for the fantasy and they have Carr as like QB28, lol. 

QB28 is a really bad joke. 

If we're talking the 32 guys likely to start week 1, I can think of way more than 4 people he'll be better than. 

He's bound to perform better than Fields or Lawrence or Wilson with the lack of talent around them, unless they're Mahomes on roids. Houston's QB, Denver's QB, Daniel Jones.....obviously my list could go on and on as I have him ranked as QB 9 overall. 

Who the heck did they bother to put him in front of? Lol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

QB28 is a really bad joke. 

If we're talking the 32 guys likely to start week 1, I can think of way more than 4 people he'll be better than. 

He's bound to perform better than Fields or Lawrence or Wilson with the lack of talent around them, unless they're Mahomes on roids. Houston's QB, Denver's QB, Daniel Jones.....obviously my list could go on and on as I have him ranked as QB 9 overall. 

Who the heck did they bother to put him in front of? Lol

I would think its based off fantasy and DC doesn't really run, we run a slow tempo defense, our defense is always a joke, and we suppose to run more with Jacobs and Drake