The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, Turnobili said:

being a raiders homer has been bad business for fantasy purposes for 2 decades now. except maybe 2015 if you went bargain hunting for latavius, crabtree, cooper

Yeah the only Raiders player that I'm considering is Bryan Edwards later in the draft or possibly Darren Waller if he falls to me a couple of rounds in. Looking at Sony Michel, Phillip Lindsay, and Pat Freiermuth as sleepers later in the draft. 

Have rewatched some more all 22 of some of our losses. If Carr can make more out of schedule plays/use his feet more, he can be an easy top 10 qb.

In the games he did use his feet and run, teams weren't able to handle it. He needs to be more proactive about it and also be more willing to immediately scramble to his right if he feels like protection is breaking down. Obviously some of that is intuition, but he has the speed to get to the corner on a lot of LB. Maybe not Devin white, but not every LB is.

Also I'm hoping Gruden lets him be more aggressive in terms of getting more intermediate looks instead of only short/deep passes. An improved defense should help with that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Have rewatched some more all 22 of some of our losses. If Carr can make more out of schedule plays/use his feet more, he can be an easy top 10 qb.

In the games he did use his feet and run, teams weren't able to handle it. He needs to be more proactive about it and also be more willing to immediately scramble to his right if he feels like protection is breaking down. Obviously some of that is intuition, but he has the speed to get to the corner on a lot of LB. Maybe not Devin white, but not every LB is.

Also I'm hoping Gruden lets him be more aggressive in terms of getting more intermediate looks instead of only short/deep passes. An improved defense should help with that.

think Edwards can be the big difference maker there. hopefully he can be the new Crabtree

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If my theory was right, that we toned it down a bit to avoid mistakes and to keep the defense off the field then i think the offense in general will be more aggressive. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If my theory was right, that we toned it down a bit to avoid mistakes and to keep the defense off the field then i think the offense in general will be more aggressive. 

Yeah I agree. I think we can let it loose if we have some confidence in getting stops.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

think Edwards can be the big difference maker there. hopefully he can be the new Crabtree

I hope so. I was very high on him in college. He was a man amongst boys in the SEC. If he can pick up some route running savvy and stay healthy, I think he'll be in the league a while. I don't know what his ceiling is. That is really the mystery. Can he be a decent starter, or can he be something more than that. We'll see.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I hope so. I was very high on him in college. He was a man amongst boys in the SEC. If he can pick up some route running savvy and stay healthy, I think he'll be in the league a while. I don't know what his ceiling is. That is really the mystery. Can he be a decent starter, or can he be something more than that. We'll see.

i think its a matter of how quick/explosive he looks having recovered from his injuries last year, because he's not just going to bully his way into catches in the NFL

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wasn't Carr like #2 in turnovers? lol

At least 35% of carrs fumbles or picks came when a game was all ready over.

when games were close, Carr was decent at not turning the ball over. But with 5 mins left in a game we are down 2 scores carr seems to get sloppy and let things spiral

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

At least 35% of carrs fumbles or picks came when a game was all ready over.

when games were close, Carr was decent at not turning the ball over. But with 5 mins left in a game we are down 2 scores carr seems to get sloppy and let things spiral

I'd assume a lot of QB's turnovers come late in games that they're behind in and trying to force plays to generate quick points.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd assume a lot of QB's turnovers come late in games that they're behind in and trying to force plays to generate quick points.

for sure. But with us being what top 10 in points scored, how the heck are we so often 2 scores down late in games. . . and still top 10 in points?