The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Playoff or SB bound if the Raiders can field a middling defense with those numbers..

He averaged 270 ypg last season in the 15 games he played every snap last season with Renfrow and Nelly as his two best WR. Ruggs/Edwards if healthy should be a major improvement and we still have Renfrow in the slot. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I mean both sides are laughable on twitter. He's not top 5, but he's closer to that caliber than to being a bum/bottom tier starter. Which a lot of Raiders twitter thinks he is. It is what it is though. He will set the record straight this season, either for the pro or anti-Carr people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I do not think anyone is sleeping on his arm talent.  Pro Bowl throw to Hilton is still one of the top throws I have ever seen.  I question his ability to perform if we can not keep him clean and he reverts back to not allowing plays to develop.

Gruden said 55 yards but it was 60 yards.  For the 2017 vs this years argument Carr was ranked 11th going into 2017 and lived up to it the first 2 games.  Then the injuries and the WFT game happened.  Ever thing players said about him in the video did a 180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lile9z7i9yM

20 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think anyone is sleeping on his arm talent.  Pro Bowl throw to Hilton is still one of the top throws I have ever seen.  I question his ability to perform if we can not keep him clean and he reverts back to not allowing plays to develop.

Gruden said 55 yards but it was 60 yards.  For the 2017 vs this years argument Carr was ranked 11th going into 2017 and lived up to it the first 2 games.  Then the injuries and the WFT game happened.  Ever thing players said about him in the video did a 180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lile9z7i9yM

DC had this pass that went to Jalen Richard (5'8") that literally was the perfect over the shoulder throw.  Probably one of the sweetest passes I'd ever seen.  Just could not have been placed more perfectly.  Some of his passes are just so amazing.  He has some bone headed plays but I think we nitpick his because we actually watch every game of his.  Very few QBs in the NFL go an entire game without making at least 1-2 boneheaded mistakes.

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean both sides are laughable on twitter. He's not top 5, but he's closer to that caliber than to being a bum/bottom tier starter. Which a lot of Raiders twitter thinks he is. It is what it is though. He will set the record straight this season, either for the pro or anti-Carr people.

To be honest as Raiders fans it's strange to see people hate on Carr as much as they do. He's not elite but we've seen some of the worst QB play of any team in the league before Carr got here. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

To be honest as Raiders fans it's strange to see people hate on Carr as much as they do. He's not elite but we've seen some of the worst QB play of any team in the league before Carr got here. 

I think it’s weird. I think they blame him for the losses because he’s been here a while. But honestly what can he do. It’s not his fault we’ve been so dysfunctional. I like Mayock, but we could all draft better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it’s because it’s year 7 and he still makes rookie mistakes still hasn’t figured out how to limit fumbles still melts 2nd half of the season. He’s not the worst guy on the team but he’s definitely not the best. He’s not the biggest problem we have but IMO he’s not the solution. Unfortunately with our sorry drafting/ personnel decisions we will never get to see him with a great squad. I personally thought mike and Jon would right the ship but they look lost. Carr’s gonna get another chance this year but I think he should’ve had a better supporting cast built over the last 2-3 years. Imo carr needs almost perfection and we’ll probably never be able to give him that. 

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

DC had this pass that went to Jalen Richard (5'8") that literally was the perfect over the shoulder throw.  Probably one of the sweetest passes I'd ever seen.  Just could not have been placed more perfectly.  Some of his passes are just so amazing.  He has some bone headed plays but I think we nitpick his because we actually watch every game of his.  Very few QBs in the NFL go an entire game without making at least 1-2 boneheaded mistakes.

I agree about the stupid plays.  It is going to happen and I am probably more critical than I should be.  I believe another reason why we are so critical of him is because we saw him get to that 2016 level and then it just disappeared.  I do not agree that he had and MVP type year in 2016 but he was a QB that stepped in and did what it took for the team to win.  You do not need to throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs but stepping up when your team needs that change of momentum or your defense needs you to pick up that first down so they can get some rest.  That was 2016.  I want to see that again.  The player that understands what needs to happen and wills his team to do it.  The talent has always been there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think it’s because it’s year 7 and he still makes rookie mistakes still hasn’t figured out how to limit fumbles still melts 2nd half of the season. He’s not the worst guy on the team but he’s definitely not the best. He’s not the biggest problem we have but IMO he’s not the solution. Unfortunately with our sorry drafting/ personnel decisions we will never get to see him with a great squad. I personally thought mike and Jon would right the ship but they look lost. Carr’s gonna get another chance this year but I think he should’ve had a better supporting cast built over the last 2-3 years. Imo carr needs almost perfection and we’ll probably never be able to give him that. 

I'm not a huge Carr fan personally but I've also been here for the Jamarcus Russell era. I do agree that we're going to need a stacked team around Carr to win though.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For the stacked crowd, would we have been stacked if we had an average defense last year? Because we would have easily been in the playoffs.

I go back and forth because I see both sides. We finished 8-8 and easily could've been 11-5 if you changed the outcome on 3 plays. But we also just as easily could've been 6-10 if the Jets/Broncos didn't melt down and basically hand us those games.