The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I dont understand the bold. . . we didnt give any money to Nelly this year? How do we put drakes money with Nellys money?

Ruggs could be a third WR this year and turn into a stud year 3. A lot of WR take 3 years. 

He did not produce better on 1/3rd of the carries. 
His yard per attempt average was better . . but that defeats the need to say 1/3rd of the carries.

We had $ for nelly but he wanted more so I’d give him more $ instead of giving drake or James $

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

103/423 of his rushing yards came on 4 attempts (25%), in is other 89 carries he averaged 3.5 ypc, lol.

A lot of RBs are that way.  Adrian Peterson use to have awful numbers and then he would brake a couple runs.  Jacobs longest run last year was 28 yards and his longest in his first 2 years is 51.  He lacks explosion and it hurts his overall game.  If he was more of a threat teams would play him differently.  He can still get the job done and is a good back but he is lacking in that area,  

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm well ill counter that by saying he never did that until year 4 or 5? 
so maybe he learned it being on the Raiders lol. 

Im old school too. . . if you say something, you better be able to back it up. 
Did Carr fumble on the goal line his first 3 or 4 seasons? 
Nope, so how can you say it took him 6-7 years? 

You cant, youre spewing crap because you dislike Carr. 

SPORTS_171219812_AR_0_RHFZSPNFKHMS.jpg

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We had $ for nelly but he wanted more so I’d give him more $ instead of giving drake or James $

Nelly is one of the highest paid WR's in the NFL now and is coming off a career year. In 5 years with Philly he averaged 11.2 ypc, last season he averaged 18.7 ypc (2nd best in the NFL). Do you think that's sustainable? His production also didn't help us win.

In our 8 wins: 12 catches, 178 yards (22.3 ypc), 3 TD

In our 8 losses: 36 catches, 629 yards (17.4 ypc), 5 TD

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

A lot of RBs are that way.  Adrian Peterson use to have awful numbers and then he would brake a couple runs.  Jacobs longest run last year was 28 yards and his longest in his first 2 years is 51.  He lacks explosion and it hurts his overall game.  If he was more of a threat teams would play him differently.  He can still get the job done and is a good back but he is lacking in that area,  

Yeah Jacobs biggest weakness is that he doesn't have great long speed.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah Jacobs biggest weakness is that he doesn't have great long speed.

If he had a little more burst those 4-6 yard gains would be 10 plus and his average would be closer to 5 if not over.  His 10 yard split was bad.   I do not care as much about the 40 although it was bad also.

27 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I guess, I dont think things work like that though. 
On Day 1 or 2 of FA we chose Yannick over Nelly.

The other guys came later. 

Yeah we signed Yannick for 2 yr/$26M, Nelly got the same contract from the Patriots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm well ill counter that by saying he never did that until year 4 or 5? 
so maybe he learned it being on the Raiders lol. 

Im old school too. . . if you say something, you better be able to back it up. 
Did Carr fumble on the goal line his first 3 or 4 seasons? 
Nope, so how can you say it took him 6-7 years? 

You cant, youre spewing crap because you dislike Carr. 

Really we taught carr how to fumble lol seriously lol. Carr has the most fumbles in raiders history. Think about that he’s fumbled more in his 6-7 years than any other player in our history no matter the position. If you want to say he just started 3-4 years ago to feel better have at it. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really we taught carr how to fumble lol seriously lol. Carr has the most fumbles in raiders history. Think about that he’s fumbled more in his 6-7 years than any other player in our history no matter the position. If you want to say he just started 3-4 years ago to feel better have at it. 

We werent talking about just Fumbles. 
You specifically said fumbls on the goaline. 

Again im old school, I go off what was said. Not what I want to argue. 

Edited by BackinBlack

Just now, BackinBlack said:

We werent talking about just Fumbles. 
You specifically said fumbls on the goaline. 

Again im old school, I go off what was said. Not what I want to argue. 

I’m so old school my memory isn’t that great so when’s the first time he’s goal line fumbled it?

• Like 1