The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

didnt the raiders get agholor on a 1 year deal at or near the vets minimum? that should tell you how highly he was thought of around the league a year ago at this time

He signed pretty early in FA, took a chance that he would perform well to get a bigger contract later down the line, turns out he got it right.

Edited by Dessie

16 minutes ago, Dessie said:

He signed pretty early in FA, took a chance that he would perform well to get a bigger contract later down the line, turns out he got it right.

sure, he got it right. but a coveted player could have gotten better than vets minimum even on a prove it deal lol

6 hours ago, Turnobili said:

sure, he got it right. but a coveted player could have gotten better than vets minimum even on a prove it deal lol

Nelly and gruden actually go way back to his Tampa days nelly is even close old buddies with deuce nelly mentioned he came because of gruden plus we were strapped for cash so we got him for cheap. 

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nelly and gruden actually go way back to his Tampa days nelly is even close old buddies with deuce nelly mentioned he came because of gruden plus we were strapped for cash so we got him for cheap. 

bruh. i dont care how close they are. a guy in the middle of his career isnt taking the vets min unless he has to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

bruh. i dont care how close they are. a guy in the middle of his career isnt taking the vets min unless he has to

Carr has done a pretty good job in his career rehabilitating receivers. If John Brown is next, we're gonna keep having these west-coast offense WR's cycling in and out year after year.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Turnobili said:

didnt the raiders get agholor on a 1 year deal at or near the vets minimum? that should tell you how highly he was thought of around the league a year ago at this time

Yeah, IIRC we signed him fairly late in the FA process too on a 1 yr/$1.5M deal. He was coming off of a 360 yard (8 ypc) season in Philly and at the time a lot of posters here didn't even think he'd make the team. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nelly was terrible his last season in Philadelphia.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:49 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agreed. 

We really need Edwards to step up in a big way.  This O has been lacking that big bodied, physical WR who can earn his keep over the middle and in the RZ. He would also take pressure off Waller.  If Edwards can step up and post 1K/7 this O could be special.  

Edwards stepping up and us getting Foster Moreau more involved in the red zone should help our offense a ton.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Edwards stepping up and us getting Foster Moreau more involved in the red zone should help our offense a ton.

Agreed although I'm not as bullish as many on here regarding Moreau but he is certainly an upgrade over Witten.

I will also add that having another legit back in Drake, who is a receiving threat, will also help us in the RZ.  I think we overpaid for him but I do like him as a player and what he adds to the O.  

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agreed although I'm not as bullish as many on here regarding Moreau but he is certainly an upgrade over Witten.

I will also add that having another legit back in Drake, who is a receiving threat, will also help us in the RZ.  I think we overpaid for him but I do like him as a player and what he adds to the O.  

He clearly wasn't healthy last season but as a rookie all 5 of his TD came in the red zone. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He clearly wasn't healthy last season but as a rookie all 5 of his TD came in the red zone. 

Any big bodied WR/TE who can be physical in the RZ helps this team because that is an area that is and has been a weakness. If he can repeat a 5TD's I would be happy with that as a backup TE.  If he has to see the field as a starter for an expended period of time I expect an average at best performance. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Any big bodied WR/TE who can be physical in the RZ helps this team because that is an area that is and has been a weakness. If he can repeat a 5TD's I would be happy with that as a backup TE.  If he has to see the field as a starter for an expended period of time I expect an average at best performance. 

Obviously the hope and expectation is that Waller will be healthy. But Moreau showed promise as a red zone target as a rookie. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously the hope and expectation is that Waller will be healthy. But Moreau showed promise as a red zone target as a rookie. 

I think Moreau would be a top ten all around TE if we did not have Waller.  He might end up in that category even with Waller.  It would take around 600 yards and 6 TDs.  With 50-60 targets he could hit those numbers.  With being healthy and Witten gone he may get there.  Will depend on how much Carr trust his other receivers.  I also do not think Waller gets 145 targets this year either.