The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, drfrey13 said:

The Jets game should not have been that close and the defense did not play well overall.  

The defense forced 3 turnovers in the first half and we went up 24-13 in the beginning of the third quarter. We forced 2 3&outs to start the second half but our offense stalled out with two 3 and outs. The Jets scored after the second 3&out to make it 24-21, on our next possession Ruggs fumbled the ball and they scored again after starting on our 44 yard line going up 28-24. We drove down field but couldn't score then our defense forced them to put which is what led to the Ruggs hail mary. 

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Booker was released cause he’d make josh look like a failed pick. Same for mayowa and cle. 

20 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If we kept Booker to be our number 2 back, how the heck does that have anything to do with Jacobs? Do you think he wouldve beat jacobs out? Youre joking right?
-
Benson was signed for 3 mil last year, we couldve resigned him, but chose Karl Nassib instead. 

I can not say why they did not return but Booker was definitely the more efficient runner last year and looked better when he was in.  Mayowa for Nassib hurts.  Mayowa cost so much less and produced so much more.  No way if I am making the decision is there even a second thought between the two.  As far as Cle looking bad I do not know but with Gruden's ego I would not be surprised.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I can not say why they did not return but Booker was definitely the more efficient runner last year and looked better when he was in.  Mayowa for Nassib hurts.  Mayowa cost so much less and produced so much more.  No way if I am making the decision is there even a second thought between the two.  As far as Cle looking bad I do not know but with Gruden's ego I would not be surprised.

Booker was great last year. Not taking that a way from him. 
But the game is very different as a RB2, then a RB1.

-
Either comes in when jacobs and D tired mid drive, or 2nd half of games fresh. Teams rarely game plan for etc etc. 
-
Not taking away from Booker, he did everything the Raiders asked of him. 
But id imagine 99% of players/coaches/fans - will say Jacobs is a much better RB then Booker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I can not say why they did not return but Booker was definitely the more efficient runner last year and looked better when he was in. 

Almost all of Booker's production came in 4 games and he averaged 3.5 ypc in every other game, lol.

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Hmm a lot in hear I disagree with. 
Drake was 2 years 11 mil - Nelson 2 years 22 mil - - I wouldve loved Nelly with Drake money too, but we cant he was double the price. 
Nelson Vs Yannick is much more reasonable, and our D needed way more help. I am glad they gave the money to Yannick.
Afterall, Gruden loves to call himself an offensive guru, so he should spend money on D.

not sure what center, but adre james, nick martin and Drake, combined are similar to Nelson, again not a 1 to 1 comparision. 
-
If we had chose to bring Nelly back at 2 years 11 mil, in no way does that admit Ruggs was a fail. 
Last time I checked teams run a lot of 3 wrs sets. 
-
If we kept Booker to be our number 2 back, how the heck does that have anything to do with Jacobs? Do you think he wouldve beat jacobs out? Youre joking right?
-
Benson was signed for 3 mil last year, we couldve resigned him, but chose Karl Nassib instead. 

No put drake $ with nelly $ and keep nelly we could draft a rb or use James $ for nelly. James was under contract iirc.

if nelly is here carr will ignore hr3 easily 

People make excuses for josh talking bout the line sucked well book did ok behind that same line and produced better on 1/3 of the carries. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The defense forced 3 turnovers in the first half and we went up 24-13 in the beginning of the third quarter. We forced 2 3&outs to start the second half but our offense stalled out with two 3 and outs. The Jets scored after the second 3&out to make it 24-21, on our next possession Ruggs fumbled the ball and they scored again after starting on our 44 yard line going up 28-24. We drove down field but couldn't score then our defense forced them to put which is what led to the Ruggs hail mary. 

You have to take into account who we were playing.  I have defended this defense so much but when you give up 200 yards on the ground it is hard.  Jets offense averaged 280 yards and 15 points a game.  We gave up 376 yards and 28 points.  No reason to give up 4 TDs even when your offense has 2 turnovers.  That is a game that we played down to our opponents level.  I did not say it was the defenses fault.  I just thought they should have done better.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No put drake $ with nelly $ and keep nelly we could draft a rb or use James $ for nelly. James was under contract iirc.

if nelly is here carr will ignore hr3 easily 

People make excuses for josh talking bout the line sucked well book did ok behind that same line and produced better on 1/3 of the carries. 

I dont understand the bold. . . we didnt give any money to Nelly this year? How do we put drakes money with Nellys money?

Ruggs could be a third WR this year and turn into a stud year 3. A lot of WR take 3 years. 

He did not produce better on 1/3rd of the carries. 
His yard per attempt average was better . . but that defeats the need to say 1/3rd of the carries.

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Should we discuss Josh’s production Lololol 

Booker put up some great performances:

• 6 carries for 11 yards

• 5 carries for 16 yards

• 5 carries for 16 yards

• 5 carries for 6 yards

• 4 carries for 8 yards

• 3 carries for 12 yards

• 3 carries for 5 yards

• 3 carries for -1 yard

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

But now NCough, you are now talking about how dysfunctional this team is . . . 
Yet you want to put wins and losses solely on Derek Carr?
This team has been a mess his entire career. 

(we are in the QB thread after all )

Carr dysfunctional too I took him 6-7 years to learn not to fumble it on the goal line. I’m old school qbs have the most effect on a game imo. Obviously some losses he played well in and some wins he didn’t play well in but at the end of the day w/l is a qb and coaching stat. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr dysfunctional too I took him 6-7 years to learn not to fumble it on the goal line. I’m old school qbs have the most effect on a game imo. Obviously some losses he played well in and some wins he didn’t play well in but at the end of the day w/l is a qb and coaching stat. 

hmm well ill counter that by saying he never did that until year 4 or 5? 
so maybe he learned it being on the Raiders lol. 

Im old school too. . . if you say something, you better be able to back it up. 
Did Carr fumble on the goal line his first 3 or 4 seasons? 
Nope, so how can you say it took him 6-7 years? 

You cant, youre spewing crap because you dislike Carr.