The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Quite frankly, this might be the first time we've had a "good" team where we can confidently say we're pretty talented without massive, glaring holes. Not a qb point, just me being happy with how the roster is shaping up.

The RT position is the glaring weakness IMO.  I'm going to be irritated if we really go into the season without adding some players to fight for the RG/RT positions.

Edited by Jerry

21 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The reason Blake Bortles, Tim Tebow and even now with Jimmy G not being traded shows that ;

Actual nfl talent evaluators don’t put wins losses on QBs.

yes the nfl media does as you like to point out. 

I’ll trust the nfl evaluators over talking media all day.

great point, Jimmy Gs win loss record is great, yet, no one will trade for him? Wonder why? 

If W/L record were a credible stat, Jimmy would go for more picks than Watson lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Quite frankly, this might be the first time we've had a "good" team where we can confidently say we're pretty talented without massive, glaring holes. Not a qb point, just me being happy with how the roster is shaping up.

True. Although I still think we have massive holes in the o-line, but I admit its kind of nitpicking. We had many times when Carr had plenty of time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

great point, Jimmy Gs win loss record is great, yet, no one will trade for him? Wonder why? 

If W/L record were a credible stat, Jimmy would go for more picks than Watson lol 

Wins/Losses aren't the only stat you judge a QB on, lol.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They touch the ball every play that their team has the ball, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Good QB's usually win, lol. But who cares.

Russell Wilson was 6-8 last year

Deshaun Watson was 4-12

Drew Brees played on losing or 8-8 teams for like 1/2 of his career.

Jimmy G won 1 fewer games in 1 season (2019) than he's lost in his entire career #GOAT

But, sure, carry on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I'll tell you one thing. That Stafford guy with a .479 career win record....he'll never win a Superbowl 

• Like 5

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Russell Wilson was 6-8 last year

Deshaun Watson was 4-12

Drew Brees played on losing or 8-8 teams for like 1/2 of his career.

Jimmy G won 1 fewer games in 1 season (2019) than he's lost in his entire career #GOAT

But, sure, carry on. 

Wins/Losses aren't the only statistic that you judge a QB on my boy, lol. 

It's a collection of things including personal performance, supporting cast, and W/L. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I'll tell you one thing. That Stafford guy with a .479 career win record....he'll never win a Superbowl 

I'll tell you another thing. Warren Moon will never make the HOF because his W/L record is under .500. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're right. 

If not for the injury, Jimmy G and his .68 winning % would have easily nabbed 4 firsts, 4 seconds, and 5 thirds. 

Lol. Taking "Just Win Baby" waaaaay too literally

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m not saying it is. But if it were a meaningful stat, it’d probably be the most important.  the fact that it isn’t, tells me everything I need to know about putting W/Ls squarely on QBs shoulders. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

You're right. 

If not for the injury, Jimmy G and his .68 winning % would have easily nabbed 4 firsts, 4 seconds, and 5 thirds. 

Lol. Taking "Just Win Baby" waaaaay too literally

Jimmy never produced at an elite level, he was on a Carr level with that great win % and still couldn't get traded. Yikes.

Just now, Geezy said:

I’m not saying it is. But if it were a meaningful stat, it’d probably be the most important.  the fact that it isn’t, tells me everything I need to know about putting W/Ls squarely on QBs shoulders. 

You obviously have to take supporting cast and QB production into the equation and how much influence they had on wins/losses, lol.