The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ummm every year seems like we have a huge distraction in the locker room lol sad but true 

That was the former regime though, I don't think Ziegler/McDaniels wanting to deal with the distraction. Seems like it was more of a PR thing after we just had all of those stories leak a few days ago.

18 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That has to be the most lopsided poll I've ever seen. And I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can. 

I have been a big critic of Carr but I had to laugh when I read the question.  I do not think Carr is elite but Mayfield is not even in the same tier.  I would need a couple high picks to even start to consider trading Carr for Mayfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That was the former regime though, I don't think Ziegler/McDaniels wanting to deal with the distraction. Seems like it was more of a PR thing after we just had all of those stories leak a few days ago.

I was actually talking to my homie about who’s gonna be our “distraction” I said josh he said Hobbs 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was actually talking to my homie about who’s gonna be our “distraction” I said josh he said Hobbs 

Some teams run tight ships and are able to avoid locker room distractions, hopefully we can become one of them. If I had to guess who becomes a distraction I'd assume Jacobs if he's frustrated about the fact he's playing on a 1 year deal.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would think Jacobs would want to have a career year to get paid big next year. 

He's probably not getting paid "big" next year regardless. 

He ain't Derrick Henry talented, lacks elite traits, and is literally always banged up. Why is anyone bound to pay him big? 

33 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He ain't Derrick Henry talented, lacks elite traits, and is literally always banged up. Why is anyone bound to pay him big? 

I dont agree. Theres always dumb gms out there, or guys desperate for talent to save their job. Guys in their mid 20s get paid, even at RB. So if he improves his stock by having a great year, he will get a nice deal. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some teams run tight ships and are able to avoid locker room distractions, hopefully we can become one of them. If I had to guess who becomes a distraction I'd assume Jacobs if he's frustrated about the fact he's playing on a 1 year deal.

Plus Zeus I know that had josh punching the air

56 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Leonard Fournette and James Conner both just got new deals at $7M APY. I think that's fair for Jacobs as well.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would think Jacobs would want to have a career year to get paid big next year. 

He missed out on an additional 5th year of guaranteed money. If he gets hurt it's going to cost him a ton.

57 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

This I don’t even know what his motivation will be cause Imo he’ll barely crack 200 carries. Not a home run guy so it’s gonna be hard for him to produce in a major way 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

This I don’t even know what his motivation will be cause Imo he’ll barely crack 200 carries. Not a home run guy so it’s gonna be hard for him to produce in a major way 

Jacobs has averaged 280 touches per year for us, lol.