The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you're going to keep Carr I think it'd be smarter to just invest resources into the offensive line and defense. Run it back next year with the same core of guys and if it doesn't work then we should just do a fire sale on the roster and blow things up. If we do decide to trade Carr I think there's still a chance we'd get a first round pick for him, despite the team's struggles he's still on pace for 4,000 yards, 25 TD/9 INT. 

Jack Conklin a free agent next year and go all in on defense in draft and run it back with Carr. 🤔 but what if it’s another middle of the pack finish. 

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Jack Conklin a free agent next year and go all in on defense in draft and run it back with Carr. 🤔 but what if it’s another middle of the pack finish. 

The free agent class is loaded with solid offensive linemen. I think the right approach would be to load up the offensive line, improve the defense as much as possible, and see what happens. Even if we have another bad season and decide to move on, the next QB will be stepping into a much better situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carson Wentz was traded for a first round pick from Philadelphia to Indianapolis though. One of the things that will make a Carr trade pretty difficult though is the fact that he has a no trade clause. 

It is kinda the game of pickle that was happening with Carr’s contract in the offseason 

Agree to a trade or get cut. A No-trade clause he can control what team he gets dealt to 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It is kinda the game of pickle that was happening with Carr’s contract in the offseason 

Agree to a trade or get cut. A No-trade clause he can control what team he gets dealt to 

The issue is that if we're going to cut him we have to do it before the Super Bowl to get the cap savings. So I think we'd have to pay him even if we traded him.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The issue is that if we're going to cut him we have to do it before the Super Bowl to get the cap savings. So I think we'd have to pay him even if we traded him.

generally what happens is the team would give Carr’s rep permission to seek trade. This would take place around the time Stafford was traded two years ago before the SB. 

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The free agent class is loaded with solid offensive linemen. I think the right approach would be to load up the offensive line, improve the defense as much as possible, and see what happens. Even if we have another bad season and decide to move on, the next QB will be stepping into a much better situation.

Yeah you have to make the situation desirable. Renfrow and Waller weren’t healthy for 90% of the year. That played a big part in this. And the OL quite honestly.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah you have to make the situation desirable. Renfrow and Waller weren’t healthy for 90% of the year. That played a big part in this. And the OL quite honestly.

Losing Brandon Parker, Denzel Good, and Alex Leatherwood before the season who all projected as potential starters didn't help either. One of the things that has been overlooked is how many holes that we had because we made the playoffs last year. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It could be from a team source instead of his direct comments. I don't think they've made the decision to move on from him yet though. 

NFL Rumors has proven a certified hack by many reputable people. Just making logical guesses and hoping they stick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It could be from a team source instead of his direct comments. I don't think they've made the decision to move on from him yet though. 

Seems like everyone is try to throw stuff out there

Edited by bucksavage1