Chido being switched to safety?

ACO

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sounds like there may be another position change coming....

LVE's neck sounds like it's good to go and hopefully we get to see some more blitzing from Jaylon. Good move all around I believe.

I wonder if Smith will be that overhang SAM linebacker who can rush fairly frequently. I think that would suit him pretty well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I wonder if Smith will be that overhang SAM linebacker who can rush fairly frequently. I think that would suit him pretty well.

Always felt like Jaylon was a better fit outside and LVE inside. Glad to see the staff is considering this move.

I want Awuzi to take that near step as CB he generally has been solid in man to man only lacking ball awareness that can I hope improve he is the best man on man CB we got so..      I have always thought Smith was best on the outside..    he can shut some one side of the field less to read easier to react that way and yes adds the blitz package    Robinson seems a good option to try some safety in some packages    I personally am happy with the athletic nature and diversity of our group now

15 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Looks like there is a chance of this happening. I’m assuming there is a good chance Diggs wins a starting job in training camp. 

Which means Brown is now covering the slot Lewis is our no1 cb going in so it would be very very strange to move your no1 Cb to safety.  

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Which means Brown is now covering the slot Lewis is our no1 cb going in so it would be very very strange to move your no1 Cb to safety.  

I actually think brown will be the other corner and Lewis ends up the slot corner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cromagnum said:

I actually think brown will be the other corner and Lewis ends up the slot corner. 

CB: Diggs
FS: Clinton-Dix
SS: Woods
CB: Brown
NB: Lewis 

That's not too bad 

My issue with the move is from a physicality standpoint. Chido has the size but is inconsistent with how physical he gets. Can't have that from a safety. Get in there, break your nose, but break the opponents chest (and reception) too! He has decent all around cover ability but nothing that screams his ability to jump a corner route or out play a receiver for a jump ball from a safety spot, either. Honestly I think it would be best to let him play a cover 3 and cover 4 corner role and rotate him in and out when needed, as needed. Has the history of the masterminds of our time really taught us nothing? Let your players do what they are best at and nothing else. Sit em down and bring in the other guy, then send him back in when you need what he does again. Corner rotations aren't common but once upon a time, running back or receiver rotations weren't either. You see what Chido does well, so only ever ask him to do that. Sit em down when you dont need it. Not a big deal. Modern offenses know what you are running anyway the moment they line up.