> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was kinda joking but I wouldn’t mind it in all honesty. I feel like the fan base would go berserk though. They talked themselves into Pitts/Chase and now Smith/Waddle/Surtain/Horn. There would be so much Howie hate.

If we are getting the value I’m all for it if the board shakes out the wrong way. There is a solid chance Chase/Pitts/Waddle/ Surtain/Horn/Sewell all go - Smith, Farley and Parsons are off Howie’s board for different reasons - and we don’t have someone. Would be sweet if that happened and if the 5th QB was still there and we could box out Washington with a trade back while getting like Chicago/Oakland/New England/Pittsburgh’s first next year in the trade.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

what makes you say Devonta Smith is off howie's board?

Smith, Size concerns

Micah, the off the field / being a Linebacker

Farley, injuries and Howie never taking an injured player after Sidney sucked so hard.

Not saying he will for sure or that I’d agree with it, but it could be a scenario.

I don’t see much of a point to the idea of stock piling future 1st we wouldn’t even draft all of them, and if it’s to move up for the prospect we want, we were already on that position this year anyway and with a much better QB class.

Besides, I don’t think teams that do that (aside from the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys) translate into building a power house or even a contender. Looking at Oakland, Denver, Cleveland, St. Louis come to mind.

12 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don’t see much of a point to the idea of stock piling future 1st we wouldn’t even draft all of them, and if it’s to move up for the prospect we want, we were already on that position this year anyway and with a much better QB class.

Besides, I don’t think teams that do that (aside from the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys) translate into building a power house or even a contender. Looking at Oakland, Denver, Cleveland, St. Louis come to mind.

We might have a new GM to make the picks.

37 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We might have a new GM to make the picks.

There’s no chance that happens in 2022.

Well, maybe if Hurts is downright atrocious but still very doubtful.

still the point it’s not just for the eagles but for that strategy in general that doesn’t seems to be as successful with other teams/GMs  

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

There’s no chance that happens in 2022.

Well, maybe if Hurts is downright atrocious but still very doubtful.

still the point it’s not just for the eagles but for that strategy in general that doesn’t seems to be as successful with other teams/GMs  

It's not just us on message boards saying Howie can't draft anymore. The national media are pooping on Howies drafting ability. If we take Horn/Surtain, and they have a rookie year like Okudah, and we finish with 6 or less wins, I could see Jeff finally moving on from Howie after ESPN/NFLN all collectively crap on him again. Especially if Wentz looks great and we look terrible. Is it likely to happen? Probably not. Could it happen? Yes.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Vet QBs that seem to be at the end of their time in their current cities: Wilson, Rodgers, Watson (though the legal stuff makes it hazy)

Bunch of QBs next year, gives you the biggest arsenal to get your guy.

Lets you punt this year to see if Hurts is anything while you flush all the dead cap out of the system. A Carson Cleanse.

That would be the though in doing it if you have similar grades on the guys you’re seeing at #12 until the mid-20s.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'll stand by it. 

We already know where you stand.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

If he's there in the 4th I'll take him.

Cool. He won't be.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He's still having a huge injury history

Not sure that's the case and that thread kinda points out how his injury concerns are blown out of proportion. Honestly any time a guy misses time nowadays he gets the injury label slapped on them. It's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Maybe he's an exception, but I'm not betting on someone who's 5'7. 

Yes, he would be. DeVonta would too.

There's risk involved for sure with them, so I don't have a problem with this take, but just leave it at you wouldn't draft him. Like literally Davion Taylor, Rasul Douglas, Sidney Jones, JJAW, etc went on day 2. Moore is not a day 3 player regardless of those injuries.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

12 hours ago, Danger said:

what makes you say Devonta Smith is off howie's board?

Solak made a good point about us being analytic driven and probably not wanting to bet on an outlier, especially considering Howie is under tremendous pressure from the media/fans. He’s gotta get this pick right and he probably won’t wanna risk betting on the outlier.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <