Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw the pictures of Bryan Edwards catch yesterday. Need to pads to start to come on, so we can really tell how he is doing. But I am getting extremely excited about him for this year. 

Sounds like he's doing very well. Would be enormous for our team if he develops as a Tyrell replacement. Could use that money on D. 

Remember the Jordy Nelson, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Seth Roberts days? Good god those are dark times. Our supporting case has the potential to have gone from THE worst a number of seasons ago to arguably one of the youngest and more promising ones in time if our WRs can develop. As for this season we are looking at:

• Jacobs - Top 10 RB already (23)
  • Waller - Elite receiving TE (27)
  • Ruggs - Speed demon and much more (21)
  • Williams - Solid well-rounded vet (28)
  • Renfrow - Underrated as always (24)
  • Edwards - Grooming as our next possession WR (21)
  • Bowden - Potential fun gadget player early (22)
  • Moreau - Looked very promising as a receiver and blocker before injury (23)
  • Ingold - Not many FB's in the league but had a rock solid rookie campaign (24)
  • Throw in depth guys slugging it out like Agholor (27), Jones (25), Doss (24), Richard (26)

So much potential. I don't expect everyone to flourish and become great players, but no one can deny we have prioritized depth and skill throughout our supporting cast lately.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw the pictures of Bryan Edwards catch yesterday. Need to pads to start to come on, so we can really tell how he is doing. But I am getting extremely excited about him for this year. 

Is possible he is another Hurst and Crobsy? out performs the early pick at the same position 

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Edwards gonna be hard to keep off the field if he is able to play like that with pads on. Can do a lot of things with Ruggs in the slot and two big WRs outside. 

Maybe I’m cynical but I’ve seen plenty of rookies make a few plays and us fans convince ourselves he’s going to be a All-Pro.... rarely does it even come thru..... I’ll reserve judgement once pads actually go on, until then it’s just playground football to me.

That said I really do think Edwards has a promising future.  But.... and there’s always a but.... we’re prolly going to have to be patient with him.  Remember, he really was horribly developed in college.  Something like 1/2 or 1/3 his yards came from WR screens.  He’s great a ton of potential.... could turn out to be a WR1.... but it’s likely gonna take time to develop him.  
Im not trying to degrade his potential, just trying to remind people he’s a semi-project..... so if he only catches 30-35 balls this year that’s ok.  We just shouldn’t be expecting 700-800 yards like some on here  have said.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

won't know until real games start, but loved Edwards going into draft. him and ruggs could be home runs by year 2. chances you hit on 2 wrs in one draft is rare but this was deep wr draft

It really was a nice combination for 2 long term starting WRs.  The speed of Ruggs and the size of Edwards.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Maybe I’m cynical but I’ve seen plenty of rookies make a few plays and us fans convince ourselves he’s going to be a All-Pro.... rarely does it even come thru..... I’ll reserve judgement once pads actually go on, until then it’s just playground football to me.

That said I really do think Edwards has a promising future.  But.... and there’s always a but.... we’re prolly going to have to be patient with him.  Remember, he really was horribly developed in college.  Something like 1/2 or 1/3 his yards came from WR screens.  He’s great a ton of potential.... could turn out to be a WR1.... but it’s likely gonna take time to develop him.  
Im not trying to degrade his potential, just trying to remind people he’s a semi-project..... so if he only catches 30-35 balls this year that’s ok.  We just shouldn’t be expecting 700-800 yards like some on here  have said.

That's why I am trying to hold off my excitement for Edwards cause like you said we seen this story with other players before. I remember Arden Key's first training camp and he was getting raved reviews and has shown nothing and there is a long list of players like that for the Raiders.