Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think people forget the input a guy like Jacobs gave on ruggs to help us get inside info to assist in drafting him over other guys like Jeudy especially 

There's so much more going into the research done on players than we will probably ever know.  1st round picks, championships, careers on the line, I'd bet a pretty penny they spent very long hours just trying to get to know everything about Ruggs before ever making their decision to draft him.  I would literally pay to be a fly on the wall to see the inner workings of the Raiders working on their draft board.

16 minutes ago, Jerry said:

There's so much more going into the research done on players than we will probably ever know.  1st round picks, championships, careers on the line, I'd bet a pretty penny they spent very long hours just trying to get to know everything about Ruggs before ever making their decision to draft him.  I would literally pay to be a fly on the wall to see the inner workings of the Raiders working on their draft board.

To add to the good points you and @NCOUGHMAN made....

The “background” investigations into players, ie talking to coaches, teammates, etc” is just as important as game tape and combine stats.  The draft is one big job interview and like any interview the resume (game tape, combine, workouts) is comparable to the resume of any other type of job but the “background investigations” is like the references and interview for any other job. Just because you have the best resume or best performance at your last job doesn’t mean your the best fit for the job your interviewing at.  How you fit into the new company/organization is most important as well as how you will perform in the future. 

I like how Mayock has gone after high character guys.  Even the guys who have had issues like Incognito and Arnette are still very high character.  High character doesn’t mean your a saint without any issues.  It means what kind of man are you today.  Sure Ritchie has been a complete manic savage in the past but he’s also a very cool, collective, articulate, and “blue collar worker”.  Arnette has some immaturity issues at OSU... but that was a few years ago when he was 21.  The light switch turned for him his junior/senior year when he had a child, and we felt he manned up quite well.

• Like 1

Even if we have a shortened season, I'm glad the team is getting a look at the new facilities. The vets are probably in shock from what we had in Oakland and the rookies are seeing what it should look like at the top of a profession. Many of the big name colleges had better stuff than we did in Oakland I'm sure.

4 hours ago, G said:

Even if we have a shortened season, I'm glad the team is getting a look at the new facilities. The vets are probably in shock from what we had in Oakland and the rookies are seeing what it should look like at the top of a profession. Many of the big name colleges had better stuff than we did in Oakland I'm sure.

Bro,,,, Paul Butler and Erik Harris are telling  Eric Kush “you have no idea how good we have it now compared to before.... back in the day.... let’s just say we had it slightly better back at Cal-Penn.”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, G said:

All the top programs had better facilities.  Some of the top ones are still better than ours or even.  If I was at any of the top 5 schools on this list I would want to red-shirt to stay all five years.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Alabama-football-Clemson-Tigers-Nick-Saban-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-LSU-college-facilities-rankings-2019-134061740/#134061740_6

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Desean was such a beast coming out of college I forget who we picked that year almost afraid to look lol. Ruggs reminds me more of Steve Smith from Carolina tho. 

I think that's the year we traded our 2nd for 8 games of DeAngelo Hall.