Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

I gotta stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers damn 

I stopped collecting the smaller chests unless I was right there. Game is more enjoyable. I have been running dual daggers for maybe the last 10 hours - I will probably switch to axes soon, but the dual daggers is so enjoyable. I just dodge and hack away with the first dagger that gives you extra damage on a dodge. The second dagger is the one I bought through the winter event that just ended. I don't really understand how they do damage when you duel wield. 

I just unlocked dual wielding the heavy weapons, if you do that do you just run around like a 400 lb idiot? I want to do that with the two Dane Axes I have, but that would be a totally different playstyle than I have been doing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I gotta stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers damn 

I stopped collecting the smaller chests unless I was right there. Game is more enjoyable. I have been running dual daggers for maybe the last 10 hours - I will probably switch to axes soon, but the dual daggers is so enjoyable. I just dodge and hack away with the first dagger that gives you extra damage on a dodge. The second dagger is the one I bought through the winter event that just ended. I don't really understand how they do damage when you duel wield. 

I just unlocked dual wielding the heavy weapons, if you do that do you just run around like a 400 lb idiot? I want to do that with the two Dane Axes I have, but that would be a totally different playstyle than I have been doing

Two dane axes looks fun, but it is really slow. I didn't like it.

I think two single-hand axes are better than daggers because they have a big more reach. With daggers a lot of the time I would just hit air.

Lately I've been using a small axe, and a dane axe as the secondary. that way you have the primary speed of the small axe, but can follow up with more power and reach with the dane axe. Good combo. Mainly I just like the aesthetic of a small axe and a huge golden axe on my back

• Like 1

Oh, I beat the game a few days ago but forgot to mention the utter disrespect I encountered. Towards the end of the game, I came across a letter talking about me and Sigurd. It referred to him as Sigurd Styrbornson and me as Eivor Varinsdottir. My Eivor was a dude. I’ve never felt more embarrassed. 

Done. Finally killed all the Order members to finish off the game.

Also, double spears is a fun playstyle, especially once you find THE spear. 

Really great game, even if it is a little too long/repetitive. If they cut out about half of the territories in England, I don't think you would really lose much. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Really great game, even if it is a little too long/repetitive. If they cut out about half of the territories in England, I don't think you would really lose much. 

I had a cloud sync issue and had to replay the mission where you can find it...totally missed it the first time through.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, Ty21 said:

Oh, I beat the game a few days ago but forgot to mention the utter disrespect I encountered. Towards the end of the game, I came across a letter talking about me and Sigurd. It referred to him as Sigurd Styrbornson and me as Eivor Varinsdottir. My Eivor was a dude. I’ve never felt more embarrassed. 

Male Eivor, while voice acted more proficiently, is not the canon incarnation. Ubisoft can lie and say "they're both canon", but there are many times where NPCs have referred to Male Eivor as "she", and there are certain romance options for characters that really don't seem like they'd uh.. swing that way.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Male Eivor, while voice acted more proficiently, is not the canon incarnation. Ubisoft can lie and say "they're both canon", but there are many times where NPCs have referred to Male Eivor as "she", and there are certain romance options for characters that really don't seem like they'd uh.. swing that way.

That would explain why the story was like 99% gay romance 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Heimdallr said:

I am about 60 hours in. 

Which spear? I think I have 3.

I also spent a couple hours going around collecting everything for Excalibur and honestly it was kind of a let down

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I am about 60 hours in. 

Which spear? I think I have 3.

I also spent a couple hours going around collecting everything for Excalibur and honestly it was kind of a let down

It is called Gungnir. You can't get it until the last story quest 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

They both are canon though. I don't want to get too much into spoilers but having both versions makes sense.

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

They both are canon though. I don't want to get too much into spoilers but having both versions makes sense.

Not really.

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

The real character you play as is Female, but "animus gets confused" because she's a female reincarnation of Odin. The Male Eivor is just the Isu, Odin/Havi

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Not really.

[spoiler]The real character you play as is Female, but "animus gets confused" because she's a female reincarnation of Odin. The Male Eivor is just the Isu, Odin/Havi[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]     Yeah, historically Eivor was a female human, but within the context of the animus simulation, it makes sense that the character could appear either male or female due to the different DNA sets. 

I thought it was a cool idea to let the player choose if they want to be male or female, and (at least to me) it makes sense for the story. At the beginning I thought it was weird, but now that I know what was going on, I think its great.

29 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

[SPOILER]     Yeah, historically Eivor was a female human, but within the context of the animus simulation, it makes sense that the character could appear either male or female due to the different DNA sets. 

I thought it was a cool idea to let the player choose if they want to be male or female, and (at least to me) it makes sense for the story. At the beginning I thought it was weird, but now that I know what was going on, I think its great.

[SPOILER STILL]

There are a lot of times where it feels like the Male version of Eivor was an afterthought. And it's super unfortunate because he did a better job than his female counterpart.