Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I wasn't totally sure what live service meant, but just read one article when I googled it and they compared the new AC project to Fortnite and GTA Online... Nooooooooooo thank yooooouuuuuuuu. 

Valhalla put me off the AC franchise a bit anyway after playing the last three, but if that's the kind of direction they're going with it then it's really not for me.

It can mean a lot of things, I don’t think those would be appropriate comparisons on a gameplay front.

The season model a bit from Fortnite maybe.

I’d say like a single player Destiny sounds more like what they’ll go for. You’ll get big and small content drops. With live events in between like they’ve been doing in Valhalla with the festivals and updates like the river raids.

Not enthusiastic about it, seems like we’ll be paying more for less. Won’t mind the total time each new campaign takes being brought down… Odyssey and Valhalla I easily have clocked over 180 hours in. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It can mean a lot of things, I don’t think those would be appropriate comparisons on a gameplay front.

The season model a bit from Fortnite maybe.

I’d say like a single player Destiny sounds more like what they’ll go for. You’ll get big and small content drops. With live events in between like they’ve been doing in Valhalla with the festivals and updates like the river raids.

Not enthusiastic about it, seems like we’ll be paying more for less. Won’t mind the total time each new campaign takes being brought down… Odyssey and Valhalla I easily have clocked over 180 hours in. 

Ah ok yeah this makes more sense, as I genuinely wasn't sure what it meant! 

It's just not for me that type of thing, I largely ignored the events in Valhalla too. I just want a game story that I can experience start to finish in a linear fashion, don't like going back to things after I've already finished them or having random things added in for a few weeks. I'd be like that with any live service thing so not necessarily an AC issue, just not my kind of deal if that's where they choose to go.

Campaigns definitely need coming down I agree. With the wealth, mysteries, artifacts in each county in Valhalla, I felt like I was just ticking boxes getting them done.

• Like 1

Seems like Ubisoft wants to kill one of last few good gaming franchises left. Leave it alone how it is now. We don’t need this big open world multiplayer online bs. Companies becoming more and more about money than actually putting out good product but yet people are dumb enough to keep paying for add-ons. Same reason Rockstar hasn’t made a GTA in almost 8 years. What is wrong with keeping a single player RPG with an incredible story modes? COD is garbage now when their top thing was the offline part of game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biggio7 said:

I remember the online version they had in one of the Ezio games. It was actually pretty fun and I always wanted them to expand on it. Does anyone remember that?

Yeah a buddy of mine in Hs loved it and wanted us to ply it all the time. Don’t mind them not going back to it all the time but was surprised it never did come back.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The bosses on this are far too hard. the step up in difficulty is insane. 

Also stealth isn't viable in this one.

It's decent though

Did you just start playing? The bosses are only noticeably more difficult if you don't manage your stamina properly and just go in guns blazing like in Odyssey. 

They tuned how Stamina works in this game and I honestly love how they made it more balanced.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Did you just start playing? The bosses are only noticeably more difficult if you don't manage your stamina properly and just go in guns blazing like in Odyssey. 

They tuned how Stamina works in this game and I honestly love how they made it more balanced.

Yeah only just started playing properly. Leofric was too hard, I had to chicken out and change the difficulty :D he dodged everything, and a few swings of his sword and that was me done. And yeah constantly running out of stamina. Those random battles as well (Ragnar's ex men) who want to die, haven't been able to kill one yet. I took 1 spear and died in the latest attempt

Think I'll try and level up and explore etc

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah only just started playing properly. Leofric was too hard, I had to chicken out and change the difficulty :D he dodged everything, and a few swings of his sword and that was me done. And yeah constantly running out of stamina. Those random battles as well (Ragnar's ex men) who want to die, haven't been able to kill one yet. I took 1 spear and died in the latest attempt

Think I'll try and level up and explore etc

Ragnars ex men was super difficult. But it’s doable. 

Valhalla was the least AC game so far 

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's honestly my favorite in the series by a wide margin though with only 2 and Brotherhood coming close.

I might’ve been fonder if I hadn’t just played God of War shortly before it so it all just felt like overkill at that point. But yeah it felt like a fresh new IP that they threw the AC label on and we’re barely able to add anything to make your character even feel like an assassin. Pretty much everything was done outside of the shadows lol. 

43 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Ragnars ex men was super difficult. But it’s doable. 

Valhalla was the least AC game so far 

It's about middle of the pack, for me. I can't see anything beating 2, but they've moved away from that MO entirely. 

Stealth and concealment is my fav kind of game, and this is easily the least stealthy out of all of them. It rewards you to go bull rushing it and cracking your axe into people's faces. But it's Vikings....so I get it...

And again, Valdis’ two brothers you have to fight in Elmenham…ridiculous! Nothing touched them and any attack that did land barely took their life down. The actual game is easy as hell, but as soon as there’s some kind of one-on-one battle it becomes a f’n joke. 

Edited by Hunter2_1