Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:
18 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I am now about 20 hours in on PS5 (actually no idea how much I've played but that sound about right). As that guy who collects everything before he moves on I don't think I will get through this game lol. The combat is already super repetitive and I just started my 3rd territory in England. 

Yeah, just give up on going after the treasures, secrets, etc... There are way too many, and they don't get anything meaningful from it. I definitely recommend just doing main quest only or you'll never make it.

This is a problem for me lol. I guess I can just go after the big gold stuff for items..... ugh

On 1/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, JBURGE said:

This is a problem for me lol. I guess I can just go after the big gold stuff for items..... ugh

I love AC but the collectibles and side stuff has burned me out bad. Just do main missions. 

And btw if you go to the options screen and go to Ubisoft Connect it will tell you your play time. I’m at 112 hrs. 

Edited by Ty21

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I love AC but the collectibles and side stuff has burned me out bad. Just do main missions. 

And btw if you go to the options screen and go to Ubisoft Connect it will tell you your play time. I’m at 112 hrs. 

I hear you but I legit can't. I will do my best to ignore the basic chests but I will likely still do all of the artifacts and Mysteries. Or at least until I burn myself out of the game entirely. Tbh I am already kinda bored with it. If I had a week off, no problem, but I won't have time off again until the draft

Do you get anything from the mysteries or artifacts? Like late game do you turn in the Roman artifacts for anything worthwhile? 

Edited by JBURGE

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I hear you but I legit can't. I will do my best to ignore the basic chests but I will likely still do all of the artifacts and Mysteries. Or at least until I burn myself out of the game entirely. Tbh I am already kinda bored with it. If I had a week off, no problem, but I won't have time off again until the draft

Do you get anything from the mysteries or artifacts? Like late game do you turn in the Roman artifacts for anything worthwhile? 

I’ve ignored artifacts from the get go, but mysteries do have some advantages. I’ve gotten to the point where I just look up what mysteries are worth my time in each area and ignore the ones like cairns (**** cairns) and shrines and stuff. Roman artifacts are pretty much just for settlement decorations lol

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve ignored artifacts from the get go, but mysteries do have some advantages. I’ve gotten to the point where I just look up what mysteries are worth my time in each area and ignore the ones like cairns (**** cairns) and shrines and stuff. Roman artifacts are pretty much just for settlement decorations lol

What advantages to Mysteries have? I have done all of them in the first 2 areas in England and admittedly can't remember getting anything from any of them. I did all of them except fighting the Drengr in the starting Norway area

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

What advantages to Mysteries have? I have done all of them in the first 2 areas in England and admittedly can't remember getting anything from any of them. I did all of them except fighting the Drengr in the starting Norway area

Skillpoints, OP armor and weapons. Animus fragment things might add up to something at some point, hopefully. Flyting enables you to use speech shortcuts and advantages, then legendary animals and drengr are pretty much just fun combat challenges. 

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Skillpoints, OP armor and weapons. Animus fragment things might add up to something at some point, hopefully. Flyting enables you to use speech shortcuts and advantages, then legendary animals and drengr are pretty much just fun combat challenges. 

I didn;t think I had gotten any armor or weapons from them... huh. I guess I will keep doing those and drop artifacts. 

I use an axe and a hammer.  Haven't tried dual axes yet.

Anyone else find Zealots difficult, especially compared to other characters?  I just had a mini boss fight recommended level 340 (I'm at 290) and was able to grind that out.  Most other battles have been very easy.  Then I go to a Zealot recommended level 90 and barely get by.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I would've done daggers but for some reason they don't automatically close the gap when attacking like many other weapons do.

Yeah it’s weird, I wanted to use the assassin’s dagger for a bit and just found it less enjoyable.

I enjoy just going Dane Axe for raids, get a lot of decapitations and brutal kills that way...just feels right ha.

Decided to skip around a bit cause if I waited til I was in the area, I would’ve gotten it around end game probably. Got Excalibur so I’ll use that the rest of the game despite running dagger and shield all game. I’m Max level 400 with a couple master points assigned now with 20% of the game left to go lol. 

Also wrapped up the six codex pages just to learn the reward for it is a ****ing letter read in Bayek’s voice. Like are you ****ing kidding me 

On 1/9/2021 at 3:49 PM, Ty21 said:

Decided to skip around a bit cause if I waited til I was in the area, I would’ve gotten it around end game probably. Got Excalibur so I’ll use that the rest of the game despite running dagger and shield all game. I’m Max level 400 with a couple master points assigned now with 20% of the game left to go lol. 

Also wrapped up the six codex pages just to learn the reward for it is a ****ing letter read in Bayek’s voice. Like are you ****ing kidding me 

I kinda lumped in get the Assassin armor with that but yeah a little weak.
They should've at least given you the Bayek's outfit that's on Ubisoft Connect.