Was LT closer to the Pure Runner of Adrian Peterson or Closer to the Pass Catcher as Marshal Faulk?

mdonnelly21

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB was LT closer to?

• LT was closer to Adrian Peterson as a pure runner
    • LT was closer to Marshall Faulk as a catcher out of the back field.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Agreed. He could do everything you would want out of a RB in all phases; pass block, run the ball, catch passes, run routes, convert short yardage. He would be elite in any and every era.

I can’t speak to backs I never saw, but LDT is the greatest I’ve ever seen play.

Dang I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

• Like 3

At the top levels, each player is a unique set of skills. LT caught a pile of receptions, but he was not the integral part of the passing game that Faulk was. Compare Faulk to Edgerin James or Thurman Thomas. Likewise, AP was one of the best pure runners in history. His comps are the Dickerson, Simpson, Brown, etc.

LT compares with Walter Payton, Curtis Martin, and Marcus Allen. The Marcus Allen comp is particularly nice. 

J

• Like 1

He was closer to Barry Sanders than AP IMO. His shiftiness was quite amazing to watch though nowhere as crazy as Barry's. He also didn't lose as many yards as Barry dancing in the backfield.

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He was the best of both TBH. Ran better then Faulk but in no way as violent as AP. Caught the ball light years better then AP but not better then Faulk.

I like this answer, it's pretty spot on.