Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Sorry I should have clarified, Brz/Rick could sign them both to +$22M (Case) and +$12M (Teddy) contracts for 2-3 years easily.

I feel like you're on the absolute ceiling of both of their price ranges. Sure it's possible, but I don't think it's likely.

Like I've said before, I put Teddy in the RG3 range of QB contracts (2/15). Case is harder to pin down, but I still don't see $22 million as a possibility. The only way I see a number that high is if it's a franchise tag, which is obviously a short-term deal as I've been calling for.

I can't come up with 2 contracts that both Case and Teddy would agree to, and MIN would actually offer. Assume not all money is guaranteed in future years.

Case 3 years @ $10M per year / Teddy 2 years @ $10M per year  = Case rejects

Case 3 years @ $15M per year / Teddy 2 years @ $10M per year = Case rejects

Case 1 years @ $19M per year  / Teddy 2 years @ $6M per year =  Teddy  rejects (likely Case too)

Case 1 year @ $25M tag / Teddy 1 year @ $3M per year = Teddy rejects

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Doubtful Case rejects at 19 and bets his future on another QB needy team.

If Case rejects $19M before his free agency, it likely means that Vikings (have choosen him) and will be willing to place the tag on him at $25M.

OR

A multi-year deal from someone else is an option

How many QB needy teams this year are going to be teams that have great offensive potential where he can thrive? 

He he remembers the St. Louis/Texans era.

Also remember Kirk is a free agent that will drive the F/A market. He won’t get franchise tag money on a long term deal and demand on him will be higher than Case.

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Team could easily not view him as a $20M asset also.

If Vikings offered $19M very early for 1 season, Case camp will likely push for a multi-year deal at that figure.

Thus Vikings tag to $25M to maintain control of the situation. They pay for 1 year control, not for the contract to be an asset.

Just now, CriminalMind said:

If Vikings offered $19M very early for 1 season, Case camp will likely push for a multi-year deal at that figure.

Thus Vikings go to $25M to maintain control of the situation. The pay for 1 year control, not that the contract would be an asset.

Why one year and not a 3-4 with a front loaded contract?

a 3 year contract at $19M bring Case close to 32 years old and with the future profits is he succeeds to have one very large pay day.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Why one year and not a 3-4 with a front loaded contract?

a 3 year contract at $19M bring Case close to 32 years old and with the future profits is he succeeds to have one very large pay day.

If your saying a 4 year / $76M total / $~42M Guaranteed.....then sure thats accepted by Case .... but my thinking is Vikings would prefer the 1 year $25M tag to that kind of contract

No one in (the last two pages) pointed out that CK's contract is $2M (IIRC), and his agent will contend, rightfully so, that he has 'outperformed his contract'.  And the agent should argue that this needs to be considered (read; included as a retrospective adjustment) in the 2018 salary, or a multi-year deal.  Any agent who does otherwise is doing a disservice to their client.

Since some are also discussing TB as part of the recent string of salary projections, TB under-performed his 2017 contract.  That might be a leverage point by the Vikings Brzezinski / Rick Pickumulator to substantiate any offer they tender to TB.  The other leverage they have with regard to TB is the lack of game experience recently, which would tend to affect the free agent market for his services.

I'm not going to project any numbers... it's too close to lunch, and it's too far from the 2018 off season.

Archived