Pernell McPhee Re-Signed to 1-year Deal

McPhee is the right player and right price. Happy that he's returning and not surprised that he is returning. Now we just need to extend Stanley, sign Clowney on a 1-year deal and grab that headache AB. THEN LET'S GO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP! icon_lol.gif

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

McPhee is the right player and right price. Happy that he's returning and not surprised that he is returning. Now we just need to extend Stanley, sign Clowney on a 1-year deal and grab that headache AB. THEN LET'S GO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP! icon_lol.gif

Clowney and AB isn't happening. Not sure who trades for Judon now. They'd have to give up compensation and likely give him a big deal. They could sign the better player in Clowney and not give up any compensation. 

AB is a flat out scumbag. I don't want him anywhere near the Ravens. 

Love this. Especially after not selecting any EDGE players in the draft, we knew Ol' McPhee was coming back. He now forms a plus edge setting duo with Calais, and gives us another strong move piece for the front.

Hopefully we don't bog him down with starting reps this time either. Let's keep him fresh, healthy, and in a rotational role.

Madubuike and Co are going to have some real dogs in house to learn from. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Love this. Especially after not selecting any EDGE players in the draft, we knew Ol' McPhee was coming back. He now forms a plus edge setting duo with Calais, and gives us another strong move piece for the front.

Hopefully we don't bog him down with starting reps this time either. Let's keep him fresh, healthy, and in a rotational role.

I like it as well. Wouldn't be surprised for the team to carry at least two of the pass rushers they signed in UDFA on the practice squad as future developmental guys.  Have four of five edge guys with one-year remaining.

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Clowney and AB isn't happening. Not sure who trades for Judon now. They'd have to give up compensation and likely give him a big deal. They could sign the better player in Clowney and not give up any compensation. 

At this point would rather keep Judon than trade him. With no edge added in the draft, might as well bring the whole gang back. He's gonna be motivated to get that FA payday and will likely have even more opportunity in a similar scheme to last year, with improved personnel in the front-seven.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, I know they aren't happening, that's why the emoji was there. Ravens have a solid team that I feel can make a run without either of those two.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

At this point would rather keep Judon than trade him. With no edge added in the draft, might as well bring the whole gang back. He's gonna be motivated to get that FA payday and will likely have even more opportunity in a similar scheme to last year, with improved personnel in the front-seven.

Definitely agree here. I'm not the biggest Judon fan but the guys an absolute stud Edge rusher. He's productive and relentless. Adding the pieces we did to the line make him that much more dangerous. 

I'm really excited to see what Bowser does this year with the added additions on the line. It's seems like the trend for us is that our rushers make a big leap in year 4.

Edited by baltimoreRebel

27 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I say keep him in bubble wrap until the playoffs and then unleash him.

Also, while taking injuries in under consideration and the fact that Jimmy Smith and Tavon Young are two of your top 4 corners I say go ahead and bring back Brandon Carr as well.

I know young players have to play to develop, and they have to get the chance.

But I would love to have Carr back. I was so critical of us investing that much in him back when we picked him up, but he turned out to be such a steal with his consistent play vs. his contract. While you don't have a responsibility to keep a record alive, as Carr has the potential to do with starting every game in 10+ years, if would be sad to see the Ravens being the reason that streak stopped. 

With his deficiencies as a cornerback on the outside now, I think the Ravens showed how to use him now as the cornerback safety hybrid. He looked surprisingly good as a blitzer in the last Steelers game last season. For a young defense like the Packers, Carr would fit in well there as he could do with us.

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah he had something like 70% snap share in every game up till he got hurt, way too many reps for someone his age/injury risk profile. Need the younger guys to step up in order for McPhee to keep fresh. 

Ferguson will presumably take on more reps in 2020 (not sure that's really a good thing but he could yet develop) and Ward is also used in a very similar way to McPhee. There's also hopefully Bowser making a contract year leap but Wink has so far treated him as having a distinct role/position compared to the bigger EDGES like Ferguson and McPhee. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

6 hours ago, Danand said:

I know young players have to play to develop, and they have to get the chance.

But I would love to have Carr back. I was so critical of us investing that much in him back when we picked him up, but he turned out to be such a steal with his consistent play vs. his contract. While you don't have a responsibility to keep a record alive, as Carr has the potential to do with starting every game in 10+ years, if would be sad to see the Ravens being the reason that streak stopped. 

With his deficiencies as a cornerback on the outside now, I think the Ravens showed how to use him now as the cornerback safety hybrid. He looked surprisingly good as a blitzer in the last Steelers game last season. For a young defense like the Packers, Carr would fit in well there as he could do with us.

I think the Ravens have a handshake deal with Carr to come back if there's an injury. Otherwise, I expect Jimmy/Marshall to play the role he fit last season.