Australian Survivor!! Now - Tribal!! Final!! Congratulations to our Sole Survivor - Outpost31!!

let's start with the movies

If you were an Andrew Yang, Mayor Pete, Kamala Harris or Cory Booker supporter, you could say America is this, a criticism you’d aim at Biden, Trump, and Bernie.

outpost guessed that it was Straight White Male

orca guessed it was The Old Guard

orca's closer, though, upon reading the exact syntax of the question i still can't give it to him. the answer is No Country for Old Men, and again, if you give particular attention to "you could say america is this" it's the only acceptable answer

Hitchcock’s movie, though it wasn’t about non-par golf scores

both of you said The Birds, both of you are correct.

so this is a tie meaning it is outpost leading 2.5-0.5

on to the songs

You can’t do this right now because of the pandemic, but if you could, check out the Temple of Preah Vihear

outpost said it was Stairway to Heaven

orca said it was Kiss This Goodbye

the answer was Holiday in Cambodia - cambodia being the location of the temple of preah vihear, holidaying precluded because of shut borders.

I hope that the titular character of the song got at least $5 trillion, because if not, he probably got hustled.

outpost said it was The Gambler

orca said it was Joy to the World

this was a hard one - didn't expect either of you to get it. the answer was The Man Who Sold the World; five tril is the value of all the money in the world. i wanted to do the clue with the value of all the world's minerals but i couldn't find it, so went to money instead

another tie and as such it's 3-1, outpost leading, and remember the score to win's 6.5

Edited by Shady Slim

next up is before and after

Kennedy’s attempt to take down Castro would’ve been way cooler if directed with flashy big budget explosions.

outpost said it was Michael Bay of Pigs

orca said it was Bay of Pigs Bang

i'm afraid it was Michael Bay of Pigs Invasion, and so i can't give it to outpost. note again the specificity of the question's wording

The Toolman is half of the Answer

outpost said it was Tim The Toolman Taylor

orca correctly gave us the answer being Tim Allen Iverson

allen iverson of course going by "the answer", hence answer is a capital letter

Orca has taken this one and has clawed it back to 3 points to 2

in regards to the wikipedia game, both of you had a faulty submission for operation paperclip to george foreman grill. orca did not submit, outpost went from george foreman grill to operation paperclip.

in terms of przewalski's horse to boris johnson, outpost gets there in three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

orca gets it in five

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoological_Society_of_London

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_of_the_United_Kingdom

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

point goes to outpost who leads it 4.5-2.5

in terms of the chains, outpost's chains are as follows - 

William Gummow - Wilfred Fullagar - Robert French - Harry Gibbs - Samuel Griffith - HB Higgins - Stephen Gageler - Rich Occonor - Ronald Wilson - Ninian Stephen

M Stafford - Dan Marino - Otto Graham - Marc Bulger - Ryan Fitzpatrick - Kerry Collins - S. Jurgensen - N Odonnell - L Dickey - YA Tittle - E Manning - G Blanda - A Luck - K Warner - R Cunningham - M Vick - K Cousins - S Mcnair - R Gabriel - L Dawson - N Brocklin - N Snead - D Mcnabb - B Roethlisberger - R Staubach.

orca's chains are as follows

William Gummow
Sir Wilfred Fullagar
Richard O'Conner
Robert French
Sir Harry Gibbs
Sir Samuel Griffith
Sir Hayden Starke
Sir Edward McTiernan
Sir Ninian Stephen

Aaron Rogers
Sonny Jurgensen
Norm Van Brocklin
Nick Foles
Stan Humphries
Steve Fuller
Randy Wright
Teddy Bridgewater
Rudy Burkich
Hugh Millen
Neil O'Donnell
Lynn Dickey
Y.A. Tittle
Eli Manning
George Blanda
Archie Manning
Gus Frerotte
Earl Morrall
Len Dawson
Norm Snead
Dan Marino
Otto Graham
Matthew Stafford
Dan Fouts
Steve McNair
Rodney Pete
Elvis Grbac
Carson Palmer
Rick Mirer
Richard Todd
Donovan McNabb
Ben Rothlisberger
Rex Grossman

unfortunately for the orca, the dataset to use was only the top hundred passers, not all of the passers listed on the link. his chain is broken short of outpost's chain

5.5-2.5

outpost needs a win to take it; miner detail and the tower of power ii still to come

this was the mine;

B O O B S

O P O r S

O S B G O

B O B O G

S b O G O

Orca OPSOBrSBOG 5+2+1-1+1+2+3 = 13

Outpost BPBOOGOb(SBB) = 14

@Outpost31 takes out the individual immunity - the tower of power ii not needed as are the live challenges. cheers to the orca for a hard fought challenge and making it to the final round of the immunity, that being the survivor marathon. 

huge thanks to both of you for participating in such an immense challenge!!

welcome all to the twenty third tribal council

Australian Survivor's Matt shares excitement to take out Lee and ...

1. @The Orca; you came so close - every challenge is a must win, how do you survive?
  2. @ET80; would you have accepted immunity for a full season of BoB?
  3. @Outpost31; you're on a tear now - romping to the victory, or is there an obstacle still in your path?
  4. @mission27; will you do the final immunity challenge if you survivor this tribal council?

the deadline is thursday est 7:30pm, because that's the earliest i can do it on a time that meshes with you yankees - good luck and happy voting!! congrats all of you for getting to the final four. who makes the final three, and has the chance to play for the final immunity?

Edited by Shady Slim

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

welcome all to the twenty third tribal council

Australian Survivor's Matt shares excitement to take out Lee and ...

1. @The Orca; you came so close - every challenge is a must win, how do you survive?
  2. @ET80; would you have accepted immunity for a full season of BoB?
  3. @Outpost31; you're on a tear now - romping to the victory, or is there an obstacle still in your path?
  4. @mission27; will you do the final immunity challenge if you survivor this tribal council?

the deadline is thursday est 7:30pm, because that's the earliest i can do it on a time that meshes with you yankees - good luck and happy voting!! congrats all of you for getting to the final four. who makes the final three, and has the chance to play for the final immunity?

It is in the hands of everyone else now. 

• Like 1

Sorry, @The Orca, but I’m voting you out here.  The minute this game was announced it’s been me, @ET80 and @mission27 working together.  I sent ET a PM before the tribes were decided and I sent the exact same PM to Mission.  All of my moves in this game have been to get those two to the final three with me.  I wanted to give you a chance to win your way to safety, and that’s why I didn’t change my mind on Finn when Finn tried to apologize for trying to get me out before the immunity challenge was over.

You played a hell of a game and it was a pleasure working with you as long as I could until I had to blindside your brother due to the numbers being at a critical point when I did that.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Sorry, @The Orca, but I’m voting you out here.  The minute this game was announced it’s been me, @ET80 and @mission27 working together.  I sent ET a PM before the tribes were decided and I sent the exact same PM to Mission.  All of my moves in this game have been to get those two to the final three with me.  I wanted to give you a chance to win your way to safety, and that’s why I didn’t change my mind on Finn when Finn tried to apologize for trying to get me out before the immunity challenge was over.

You played a hell of a game and it was a pleasure working with you as long as I could until I had to blindside your brother due to the numbers being at a critical point when I did that.

You do you. Just know I'd be voting for the winner :ph34r:

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

You do you. Just know I'd be voting for the winner :ph34r:

you could've easily won this bro lol. was such a silly move to immediately tell outpost when I pm'd you. was 100% gifting you a win just because it would've been enjoyable for me to see outpost's reaction. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

you could've easily won this bro lol. was such a silly move to immediately tell outpost when I pm'd you. was 100% gifting you a win just because it would've been enjoyable for me to see outpost's reaction. 

I had immunity. 

I gave ET a hidden immunity idol.

There was zero chance you could have gotten any reaction out of me.