AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

This may be premature but I'm beginning to wonder if this will affect him for the rest of his career. This has been lingering for a few seasons now and the big thing is that it's his throwing shoulder.

His progression with this injury has been interesting to watch for me.

This is my question. Will this be something that impacts his arm strength long-term? Colts have just handled this situation so badly. I'm almost going to feel bad for the guy when they send him out there in Week 13 when the team is sitting at 3-8.

On 10/19/2017 at 12:04 AM, titans0021 said:

This is my question. Will this be something that impacts his arm strength long-term? Colts have just handled this situation so badly. I'm almost going to feel bad for the guy when they send him out there in Week 13 when the team is sitting at 3-8.

Matt Hasselbeck said he looking nothing like him self when talking bout him on MNF pre-game.  
Herm Edwards compared him to  (gulp) Chad Pennington as far as recovery time. Said it's a injury that should take a year.  

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

That is a bad football team. 

Jags are pretty bipolar on top of that. Dominate one week, don't show up the next.

AFC South is a huge clusterf.

Titans show up some weeks, not the others(especially against awful teams, we seem to hate showing up vs awful teams).

Houston loses key defensive pieces when they start to get some competent QB play.

Jags bipolar.

Colts are..well..they're without Andrew Luck and that about sums that up.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Posted this in our GDT, but will post it here too. Doyel absolutely destroys the Colts coaching staff, front office, and TY Hilton:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/10/22/colts-pointing-fingers-clueless-t-y-hilton-and-hopeless-colts/786085001/

Really went in hard. Wow.

He’s playing on one of the worst teams in the NFL, a team going the wrong direction, a team whose problems of talent and coaching and even medical care were on display during a single play late in the first half.

The play: The Jaguars have the ball at their 21. It’s third-and-8, an obvious passing down. The play begins with Colts defensive coordinator Ted Monachino calling for zone pass coverage, even though the Colts cannot play zone coverage. Why would he call for that coverage? Because Monachino doesn’t know what he’s doing. Jags receiver Allen Hurns, who went undrafted in 2014 because he’s slow, is running wide open across the middle of the field because of course he is. Jags quarterback Blake Bortles, given time to throw — because of course he was — hits Hurns in stride.

Now Hurns is running toward the sideline, but he can’t get there. He’s slow, remember. Two Colts defensive backs, safety Darius Butler and cornerback Nate Hairston, converge on Hurns. They miss the tackle. They hit each other. Hurns turns upfield.

Now Hurns has the sideline, only he can’t get away from the Colts’ fastest defender, rookie safety Malik Hooker, who shoves Hurns just as he — Hooker — is being hit from the side by an oncoming Jags blocker. Hurns goes out of bounds after a 50-yard gain. Hooker is writhing in pain behind him, curled in a fetal position around his right knee as the Jags medical staff rushes to him. Eventually the cart is dispatched from the Colts sideline, because this looks serious. The cart gets to Hooker and then … turns around and drives away without him.

Jesus. I'm not sure I've ever seen a beat guy go that far in on the team he covers.

Hooker limping into the tunnel is an ugly sight on such a beautiful fall day, 72 degrees and blue skies somewhere above a roof that remained closed all game. Apparently there was a small chance of rain on Sunday. Taxpayers paid for this stadium, then paid extra for a roof that almost never opens. What does Jim Irsay do all day long, if he can’t even get the weather report right? He counts his money, which used to be your money.

Someday Irsay will need to open his wallet and take out his money, which used to be your money, to buy out coach Chuck Pagano and the rest of that awful coaching staff. The noise is growing for Irsay to fire Pagano in-season, as in right now, and while that makes sense from one standpoint — Pagano is horrible as a head coach — it doesn’t seem workable. Who replaces Pagano? Who on the worst coaching staff in football deserves to be put in charge of this team, lost cause it may be, for the final nine games?

• Like 1