AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

i think we signed Church before you guys signed Cyprien or it was like a day apart. i think we were looking to get more of an all-around guy like Church vs a Strictly box safety who struggles heavily in pass coverage. 

Oh, there was some heavy sarcasm there. I hated the Cyprien signing from the second Schefter tweeted it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i think we signed Church before you guys signed Cyprien or it was like a day apart. i think we were looking to get more of an all-around guy like Church vs a Strictly box safety who struggles heavily in pass coverage. 

He was being sarcastic.  He isn't that big a fan of Cyprien. lol

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think this is true.

Dareus has been disgruntled and not great the last two seasons. Still good against the run and has flashed greatness. But in the end, there's no downside for them. They get a player who, at the very least, will help in their defense's biggest weakness (also the main reason we pulled away from them in our game) and give up almost nothing for it.

Time shall tell.  
I don't think there is a down side to the move.

I'm just not convinced this is a major move.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm just not convinced this is a major move.

I'd be stunned if he starts piling up sacks. But their run defense has had its fair share of struggles, adding a big guy that has a history of playing well against the run is worrisome. I don't think it makes them unbeatable. It's just more talent to a team that looks pretty good everywhere other than quarterback. This year, I'm not ultra worried about it. If they find a way to get an Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins or even a Tyrod Taylor, I'll be concerned.

I'm still real, real thankful they didn't make a move for Kaepernick this offseason. With  limited receiving options, Kaep's added run dynamic paired with Fournette could have made them so much more dangerous than Bortles/Henne.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Only game our defense had a bad game was TEN, and even that game you guys had 6 points at the half. When your offense does nothing and your defense is out there all game that is bound to happen.

NYJ was our run defense getting gashed. Definitely the biggest problem with our D, but still not listing that game as a bad game. Game was very much there to be won and Marqise Lee/Arrelious Benn tossed the game away.

Still, hes wayyyyy off base imo. But too each their own I guess.

I mean, run defense is part of defense.

Your pass defense is dominant, and on a consistent basis. Your run defense is no where close in most games. Dominant defense is the Seahawks in recent years(maybe not as much this year?), consistently dominant(or at least very good) at pretty much everything.

People like throwing words like dominant and elite around like they're easy milestones to reach. Like every idiot on TV proclaiming Carr, Mariota and Winston as the next elite QBs, when they're not even remotely close to elite and it's a slap in the face to guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees to even mention them in the same sentence.

Jaguars can't be thrown in with Seattle, Denver or great defenses of the past just based off 7 inconsistent games where their run D has been shoddy. It's ridiculous and again a misuse of the word dominant.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Just put him on IR already. Good lord.

We're going into week 9 and he's still not practicing. Best case scenario is him playing after their bye against us week 12, for a team that'll most likely be 2-8.

What's the purpose of not IRing him at this point.

• Like 1