AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I dislike this.

File this under, I'll be scared when i see it work.  
Dareus has been a non factor for the past few seasons.  
Maybe he gets his fire back in Jacksonville, but I'll be worried when I see it pay dividends.  Maybe he becomes a good role player. And maybe that's all they want. I don't think he will be the elite level 3rd overall pick good.

Reminds me when everyone thought the Colts were about to set the world on fire for getting Trent Richardson. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Reminds me when everyone thought the Colts were about to set the world on fire for getting Trent Richardson. 

I don't think this is true.

Dareus has been disgruntled and not great the last two seasons. Still good against the run and has flashed greatness. But in the end, there's no downside for them. They get a player who, at the very least, will help in their defense's biggest weakness (also the main reason we pulled away from them in our game) and give up almost nothing for it.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What?

I'm sure he's referring to the Jags trend of playing well one game and losing the next. 37 points to the Titans, 20 points to the Jets, 27 points to the Rams in the even weeks. 7 to the Texans, 7 to the Ravens, 9 to the Steelers, 0 to the Colts in odd weeks.

Edit: Though yes, I'm aware that crediting the Rams with 27 points is being real unfair to the Jags defense.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm sure he's referring to the Jags trend of playing well one game and losing the next. 37 points to the Titans, 20 points to the Jets, 27 points to the Rams in the even weeks. 7 to the Texans, 7 to the Ravens, 9 to the Steelers, 0 to the Colts in odd weeks.

Edit: Though yes, I'm aware that crediting the Rams with 27 points is being real unfair to the Jags defense.

Only game our defense had a bad game was TEN, and even that game you guys had 6 points at the half. When your offense does nothing and your defense is out there all game that is bound to happen.

NYJ was our run defense getting gashed. Definitely the biggest problem with our D, but still not listing that game as a bad game. Game was very much there to be won and Marqise Lee/Arrelious Benn tossed the game away.

Still, hes wayyyyy off base imo. But too each their own I guess.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

i would like to point out that the Jags Defense didnt give up the full 27 to the rams. something like 17 points were essentially special teams.  1 KR TD, 1 Punt block TD and u had a Shanked Punt that gave them the ball at their 45 yard line and they moved the ball 8 yards and made a 56 yard FG. i would say that 10 of those 27 points came via a Gift from our Not so Special "Special teams". 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Still, hes wayyyyy off base imo. But too each their own I guess.

Going to say that a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of us have only seen one Jags game this year and in it, the whole Sacksonville thing was pretty much entirely shut down.

• Like 1

Just now, LinderFournette said:

i would like to point out that the Jags Defense didnt give up the full 27 to the rams. something like 17 points were essentially special teams.  1 KR TD, 1 Punt block TD and u had a Shanked Punt that gave them the ball at their 45 yard line and they moved the ball 8 yards and made a 56 yard FG. i would say that 10 of those 27 points came via a Gift from our Not so Special "Special teams". 

Caught me before the edit. Which is impressive lol. I edited that in maybe 40 seconds after the post haha.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Man, just imagine how scary the Jags defense would be if we hadn't stolen PFF's top free agent safety from them. Laughing

i think we signed Church before you guys signed Cyprien or it was like a day apart. i think we were looking to get more of an all-around guy like Church vs a Strictly box safety who struggles heavily in pass coverage.