Fruits or Veggies?

Fruits or Veggies?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Fruits
    • Veggies

32 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Did you get the ones that are white on the inside, @Dome?

@bigbadbuff grown in Hawaii there are these pineapples that are much smaller in sizing but so juicy and amazing. Different taste, a bit sweeter not as much sour.

Yeah... they had a special name but I don’t remember it

I tried to James Gandolfini myself using rum, pineapple and raw fish instead of beef, pasta and red wine

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I love fruits, will eat just about all of them.  Strawberries and peaches are by far my favorite.  I am much more selective and picky with veggies.

Have you heard about that UVA stat taker for football. He was 107 and still doing game stats until he passed. Eats fruits but doesnt like veggies.

https://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/cavalierinsider/longtime-uva-football-statistician-dr-john-risher-passes-away-at/article_743392c0-c0b5-11e7-a490-b7dd1e746c9d.html

Fruits are the way to go. I remember him saying he didnt start playing tennis until in his 80s. Then when he couldnt keep up with the ball anymore. He started golf while in his 90s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Have you heard about that UVA stat taker for football. He was 107 and still doing game stats until he passed. Eats fruits but doesnt like veggies.

https://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/cavalierinsider/longtime-uva-football-statistician-dr-john-risher-passes-away-at/article_743392c0-c0b5-11e7-a490-b7dd1e746c9d.html

Fruits are the way to go. I remember him saying he didnt start playing tennis until in his 80s. Then when he couldnt keep up with the ball anymore. He started golf while in his 90s.

I didn't but that is awesome.  My grandmother just turned 93 and eats a ton of fruit.  We get local strawberries, peaches and apples from the MD/PA line every year.  She also really likes the winter oranges that come up from Florida.  She also did her own gardening well into her 80's and still drives and walks around- we did a Par 3 golfing on vacation two summers ago and she came close to beating me.  

I absolutely attribute longevity to a great diet with the fruit, and that she stayed active like this guy did.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I didn't but that is awesome.  My grandmother just turned 93 and eats a ton of fruit.  We get local strawberries, peaches and apples from the MD/PA line every year.  She also really likes the winter oranges that come up from Florida.  She also did her own gardening well into her 80's and still drives and walks around- we did a Par 3 golfing on vacation two summers ago and she came close to beating me.  

I absolutely attribute longevity to a great diet with the fruit, and that she stayed active like this guy did.  

I can relate to all of this. I’ve been getting those oranges since I’ve been an adult from my grandma.

Also MD and PA berries have been good to me.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is most cases: Vegetables need ample work done and other things around them to be good. Fruit is good on its own.

Fruit.

I agree, but that’s a big factor when I picked veggies. I grill or BBQ 3-4 times a week 10-12 months out of the year.

I always throw veggies in the grill and snack on them as I go. 

If I could only pick one, picking fruit would really ruin my routine.

• Like 1