Fruits or Veggies?

Fruits or Veggies?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Fruits
    • Veggies

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Like half of those aren't even vegetables though, and most are still kinda gross.

Mushrooms are a fungus.  Peas are a legume.  Eggplant is technically a typically mislabeled fruit like Tomatoes.  Peppers are nice but also essentially a fruit, botanically speaking.

Veggies suck.

Tomatoes are legally a vegetable though.

For the purposes of this, I assume all berries that we treat as vegetables are veggies.  On the other hand, though rhubarb is a vegetable botanically, I think everyone thinks of it as a fruit.  Coconut too.  Although if we're eliminating coconut, that will bring the stock of fruit up substantially.

But yeah, peas and mushrooms don't count.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Fortunately The Produce Police have an incredibly limited jurisdiction 

There’s actually a SCOTUS decision on it. Nix v. Hedden.

Per order of the Supreme Court, they are vegetables, so everyone picking fruit, you never get pizza again.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Per order of the Supreme Court, they are vegetables, so everyone picking fruit, you never get pizza again.

Unenforceable 

i stand against the produce police 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Fruits are great but have some schlubs that are bringing them down like papaya, coconut, and peaches.

Veggies are great but have some schlubs that are bringing them down like olives, mushrooms, and celery.

Total tossup. I lean keeping vegetables though.

Blasphemy on peaches.  I live for my grandmother's homemade peach ice cream and jam.  

I'm also not a coconut fan, but there are two exceptions........I will toast coconut in the oven to get it brown, roll up french vanilla ice cream into balls and coat them with the coconut.  Serve it with strawberry, chocolate and any other toppings/syrup you like. It's a great dessert.  

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Blasphemy on peaches.  I live for my grandmother's homemade peach ice cream and jam.  

I'm also not a coconut fan, but there are two exceptions........I will toast coconut in the oven to get it brown, roll up french vanilla ice cream into balls and coat them with the coconut.  Serve it with strawberry, chocolate and any other toppings/syrup you like. It's a great dessert.  

Peaches come from Georgia. Reason enough to hate them for me.

17 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Has anybody tried a Sumo Citrus? They’re like an oversized halo/cutie orange and they are delicious 

I seriously just picked up some yesterday when I saw they were available. We love them.  Amazing timing on your post

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

As a Canadian, i reject your awful court decision and will continue to properly classify Tomatoes as a fruit.

And eat pizza.  With no vegetables on it, because they add nothing anyway.

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I can eat a gallon of collard or turnip greens at any given moment. Dont care if I just had a full 7 course meal before an offering. Ill find a way.

And nothing beats a baked potato beside a beef serving. Or grilled corn on the cob. French fries. Fried blooming onions or standard rings. Never heard anyone say they were going to have an apple with their steak.

Potatoes are really the big heavy hitter for team Veggie here.  But as much as potatoes are a great side...they're just not so outstanding in and of themselves, as to outweigh the heavy tally of big wins in the Fruit column.  It'd hurt to give up fries in particular, but it's by far the lesser of two evils if you had to give up one or the other.  I absolutely love bread, so i can find a way to make that sub in for potatoes.  Other things on the fruit side, you just can't replace.

I'm keeping part of corn too.  Since the kernel is actually a grain or whatever, and that's all i'm really interested in anyway.

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Tomatoes are legally a vegetable though.

For the purposes of this, I assume all berries that we treat as vegetables are veggies.  On the other hand, though rhubarb is a vegetable botanically, I think everyone thinks of it as a fruit.  Coconut too.  Although if we're eliminating coconut, that will bring the stock of fruit up substantially.

But yeah, peas and mushrooms don't count.

I don't know why that'd be the assumption.  Other than...basically the only good vegetables are actually fruits.  Vegetables can keep rhubarb for all i care.  Though i've always thought of it as a vegetable.  It basically grows in a spazzy lettuce plant.  Ain't nothing "fruit" about it really.

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Peaches come from Georgia. Reason enough to hate them for me.

They come from lots of places.  I have a peach tree growing in my front yard, and i do not live in Georgia.  Far from it.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Vegetables can keep rhubarb for all i care.  

Has anyone found a good use for it beyond pies and ice cream?

Not that it's not great in pie.  It creates my favorite pie - strawberry rhubarb.  But i've never seen it used anywhere else.

• Like 1