Big news

Elky

After dropping 45 pounds since the start of the year and months of cardio training, I now just have to pass the ASVAB and MEPS and I'm enlisted in the Army.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 15

44 minutes ago, Elky said:

After dropping 45 pounds since the start of the year and months of cardio training, I now just have to pass the ASVAB and MEPS and I'm enlisted in the Army.

What career path are you trying to take?

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

I have a background in IT but I'm interested in plumbing or electrical.

I would suggest electrical. Once you get out, you could get a job through your local IBEW. The military background would be a huge bonus. One of my business managers was in the Army. I also just say that because I am an apprentice in the IBEW too

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would suggest electrical. Once you get out, you could get a job through your local IBEW. The military background would be a huge bonus. One of my business managers was in the Army. I also just say that because I am an apprentice in the IBEW too

Electrical is more interesting, but on the flipside plumbing is safer and you dont have to worry about heights nearly as much.

Honestly, I could see the military ending up being my career and retirement is when I get out. It has its fair share of BS like in the corporate world, but the job security and compensation is so much better.

Edited by Elky

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Congratulations, man.  I’m proud of you.  I don’t know you, but I’m proud of you.

Same

@Elky I don’t know you but I’ve always considered you a son.

Ive never been more proud of my boy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Elky said:

Awesome, but...this couldn't have been said in WAYTA? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Elky said:

In other news on page 6 "I still haven't diddly on my workouts".

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, Elky said:

Electrical is more interesting, but on the flipside plumbing is safer and you dont have to worry about heights nearly as much.

Honestly, I could see the military ending up being my career and retirement is when I get out. It has its fair share of BS like in the corporate world, but the job security and compensation is so much better.

That is true but you can make a lot more money in electrical.

I honestly would do a career military. My brother did that,he was in the airborne and is in the psy ops division but now he does mostly paperwork. He spent years in Fallujah talking to and working with the locals. 

Hell, even come out and still join. Hell, you could retire from the military and the union and be making bank