Rank every division's QB situations: AFC South

Hoping to get some detailed discussion comparing the QB rooms in each division in the coming months, maybe one per week. Next up, the AFC South.

Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson, AJ McCarron, Alex McGough, Nick Tiano
Indianapolis Colts: Philip Rivers, Jacoby Brissett, Chad Kelly, Jacob Eason
Jacksonville Jaguars: Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon, Joshua Dobbs, Jake Luton
Tennessee Titans: Ryan Tannehill, Logan Woodside, Cole McDonald

How do you rank these rooms heading into the 2020 season?

1. Texans - Only one of the four with a bonafide franchise QB in Deshaun Watson. Beyond that, it's a mess... but that one makes up for it.

2. Colts - Rivers is a bridge QB, as is Brissett. Eason is a very interesting prospect, sitting in the same QB room as these guys. He has the physical tools to be great, we'll see if he can develop the mental acumen.

3. Titans - I'm not a huge fan of Ryan Tannehill, but I'd still have him as a QB in the top half of the league. No clue on anything beyond him on that DC. If he gets hurt (which is a possibility, given what we've seen from him) the Titans will be in position to get one of the elite guys in the next draft.

4. Jags - Gardner Minshew could prove me wrong. I don't think he will, but he could. Josh Dobbs could ...well, no. He couldn't prove me wrong.

1. Deshaun Watson - best QB in the division, I feel like 99.9% of people would agree. The rest mistake Minshew for a viable QB 

2. Ryan Tannehill - we saw Mariota struggle in this offense for a couple years and saw Tannehill come in and play within the confines of the offense to a successful degree

3. Phillip Rivers - I am of the ilk that Rivers isn’t that much of an upgrade over Brissett, but his ability to get the ball downfield works better in this offense. With the OL and receiving group he could see a career revival and move to #2 on this list

4. Gardner Minshew - I love this guy, and I want him to remain the Jaguars starter forever 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Jacksonville Jaguars: Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon, Joshua Dobbs, Jake Luton

Well, for me, while ***Joshua Dobbs**** still lives and draws breath, there can be No Answer other than The Jacksonville Jaguaaaaahs!!

I have been following this splendid young man's career e'er since those impassioned pleas on his behalf on these pages, a few years ago; and I now and shall always believe in the foreordained GREATNESS- of Joshua Dobbs!

Whyyy, he bids fair to become- dare I say it?- an even better QB than- gasp!- Blake Bortles, former darling of Jags' fans, and perhaps STILL only in need of finding that off-season Throwing Technique Coach, ideally a former long-reliever for the Kansas City Royals.

Whyyyy, THIS year, they may even let ***Joshua Dobbs*** throw a pass, in an NFL Game! Let us not forget that 2 short years ago Josh Dobbs launched 12 passes, completing 6 (that's 50%!), for 0 TD's (which is almost 1) and 1 INT (which less than 2 or 3)

This year, let's root for Josh Dobbs to finally make it!

Attractive photo of Josh Dobbs:

This is a 2019 photo of DeAndre Applin of the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL football team. This image reflects the active roster as of Tuesday, May 14, 2019 when this image was taken. (AP Photo)

• Like 1

1. Houston - Watson is a bonafide franchise QB, although I will say, he costs the team from time-to-time. More than makes up for it with his positives though, and is keeping Billy n'O brain in a job

2. Indie - Nearly put Tennessee and Ryan here. I believe Rivers has one more good year of production, and with that line - he may just outplay expectations

3. Tennessee - Higher on Tannehill than most, and he's in a good situation. Protected by the running game and more often than not; only needing short yardage on key downs

4. Jax - Didn't buy into Minshew mania. Believe they'll get Trevor though.....look out

1. Houston - I was almost gonna put Indy here but then I realized I was being a homer. Watson is a young franchise talent - ultimately, that's what all teams want. Backup situation is awful.

2. Indianapolis - Hoping Rivers can still be solid, good offensive line bodes well for him. Brissett is perfectly serviceable and Eason is interesting as a project.

3. Tennessee - Let's see if Tannehill can do it again. Who even are those backups?

4. Jacksonville - Well, yeah. I kinda like Minshew but it's hard to say at this point if he's the answer. 

On 5/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

1. Deshaun Watson - best QB in the division, I feel like 99.9% of people would agree. The rest mistake Minshew for a viable QB 

2. Ryan Tannehill - we saw Mariota struggle in this offense for a couple years and saw Tannehill come in and play within the confines of the offense to a successful degree

3. Phillip Rivers - I am of the ilk that Rivers isn’t that much of an upgrade over Brissett, but his ability to get the ball downfield works better in this offense. With the OL and receiving group he could see a career revival and move to #2 on this list

4. Gardner Minshew - I love this guy, and I want him to remain the Jaguars starter forever 

Gardner is 1-0 against the Colts....

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Gardner is 1-0 against the Colts....

While outplaying all the other rookie QB's, both statistically and with wins, AND being one of the most efficient deep passers in the NFL.

Odd hill to stand on regardless if you think he develops or not. He literally had a better season (that the film backs up) over any QB we've had since Garrard, all while being a rookie nonetheless.

Couldn't be me.