The Rakyat Rebellion - Far Cry 3 Mafia - Night Four is Thursday at 10:30pm EST

Dome

1 minute ago, Blue said:

You knew he was telling the truth simply because he claimed it...because the only reason to lie there is because he wanted to be lynched.

Yeah maybe we could’ve pressed four players like bcb and when they vote themselves (BBB did this in the last game I played with him and got himself killed which led to my death/non win) we could look back like town sure played that well.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He is x-shot. Has to be. Which means you have to widdle it down. 

What I don't understand is why you'd want to whittle it down. Like, why waste your time on an Indy that doesn't have any abilities detrimental with town, has a wincon with you guys, and WANTS to play an honest game on the good side?

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

No, I’m always willing to take chances but the reality is voting a non town player is going to be more successful then a town player. He didn’t die and hasn’t shown any grudge to town or any one player in particular. It’s more than a non-zero chance he’ll help the town at some point in the game.

That’s really not a dumb decision.

It was a terrible decision because the best-case scenario is you learn nothing you didn't already know. The worst-case scenario is you hand him a win or help non-Town.

Just now, Blue said:

It was a terrible decision because the best-case scenario is you learn nothing you didn't already know. The worst-case scenario is you hand him a win or help non-Town.

I respectfully disagree. I mean the truth is still that my ability blocked Pickle and there was no kill last night. If we got scum today that would’ve been a strong start for town.

I get your point though. Lots of hypotheticals but if I’m mafia I’m a little disappointed town didn’t kill one of its own on day one.

6 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

What I don't understand is why you'd want to whittle it down. Like, why waste your time on an Indy that doesn't have any abilities detrimental with town, has a wincon with you guys, and WANTS to play an honest game on the good side?

I blame Its always sunny on that misspell. To answer your question:

1. Because "others" (indy) have their own wincon. The entire game of mafia doesnt work unless you play to your wincon. Sometimes you are the bad guy. This game you are a bad guy.

2. Ive never seen you as scum so I dont have a reference point. 

3. Most games you have a 65% chance of killing lynching town, so if you have a nontown its safe. You arent one of us. 

4. Your move list doesnt make sense. It appears to me your goal is to kill Jason. My very brief reading says that makes you Buck whatever his name is, a bad guy. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

I respectfully disagree. I mean the truth is still that my ability blocked Pickle and there was no kill last night. If we got scum today that would’ve been a strong start for town.

I get your point though. Lots of hypotheticals but if I’m mafia I’m a little disappointed town didn’t kill one of its own on day one.

Then why did you vote for bcb.

No, you're not. You're glad we wasted a Day lynching an Indy who didn't even die and can probably win with scum.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

No, I’m always willing to take chances but the reality is voting a non town player is going to be more successful then a town player. He didn’t die and hasn’t shown any grudge to town or any one player in particular. It’s more than a non-zero chance he’ll help the town at some point in the game.

That’s really not a dumb decision.

I can start helping town right now.

I had a Hobo moment, so no visits tonight. I didn't look at the thread title and assumed that night would be later again. That's fine, that move doesn't really do much for you guys besides test to see if people are jailed or role-blocking or something.

However, I CAN commune with the dead. So, assuming bcb wants to join the chat and continue to participate despite his frustration, we basically still can receive town input after they're dead. This would really help if there was a wacky turn of events and we ended up mislynching more proven game solvers.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I blame Its always sunny on that misspell. To answer your question:

1. Because others have their own wincon. The entire game of mafia doesnt work unless you play to your wincon. Sometimes you are the bad guy.

2. Ive never seen you as scum so I dont have a reference point. 

3. Most games you have a 65% chance of killing lynching town, so if you have a nontown its safe. You arent one of us. 

4. Your move list doesnt make sense. It appears to me your goal is to kill Jason. My very brief reading says that makes you Buck whatever his name is, a bad guy. 

Nah, my goal is to guide Jason on his path. I give him the chance to change abilities and stuff like that. I'm Citra.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

Then why did you vote for bcb.

No, you're not. You're glad we wasted a Day lynching an Indy who didn't even die and can probably win with scum.

Not really lol.

The tables have turned but it looks like this will be our second consecutive game where you call me mafia and have to accept that I’m not when I’m gone.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

I can start helping town right now.

I had a Hobo moment, so no visits tonight. I didn't look at the thread title and assumed that night would be later again. That's fine, that move doesn't really do much for you guys besides test to see if people are jailed or role-blocking or something.

However, I CAN commune with the dead. So, assuming bcb wants to join the chat and continue to participate despite his frustration, we basically still can receive town input after they're dead. This would really help if there was a wacky turn of events and we ended up mislynching more proven game solvers.

That’s a really unique role, and as Indy you seemingly have no vendetta to screw the town. Not always a common thing in mafia.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Not really lol.

The tables have turned but it looks like this will be our second consecutive game where you call me mafia and have to accept that I’m not when I’m gone.

I didn't call you Mafia. I called you dumb or scum. Big difference!

• Like 1

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Also, no worries about the lynching me thing. No harm was done. It wasn't AS productive as lynching scum, but it wasn't counterproductive. No town died, I gained [some] trust.

Thank you. How town can categorize that as an unproductive phase is a mega captain hindsight kind of thing.