Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

43 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

11sanchez11, biggio, and PuntMyLumps were all tied at the end of regulation. They went to overtime, and, through a series of voting changes, the tie was broken and then tied again. All three were lynched, including Hermione and the Sorting Hat. Mwil/Ron was seemingly carried off by Peeves/biggio and died. There was a Quidditch match, and Filch/Rackcs fell to their death. 5 dead, zero mafia.

Was there anyone in particular pushing for the tie? 

Malfatron was taking Filch all day, obviously he's NOT him. Of course, Malf has a history of just RPing the most colorful characters, but it's still worth noting that his act is expired.

@Malfatron explain yourself

You were gone for most of the day, so some of us believe there's a chance you could be scum.

I told you all that I would be gone all yesterday. Told everyone in the survivor discord as well which there is a lot of overlap. Who in particular pointed at me?

Forge has developed a theory that the eight who participated in the Quidditch match are safe, which seems reasonable, considering that it's mostly shady players who DIDN'T participate in the match. 

That list contains me (Hobo), you (Matts), Dome, bcb, Tk3, ET, Vikes, and Malfatron.

Didnt Draco play Quidditch? He is a bad guy. 

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Was there anyone in particular pushing for the tie? 

@Malfatron explain yourself

I told you all that I would be gone all yesterday. Told everyone in the survivor discord as well which there is a lot of overlap. Who in particular pointed at me?

Didnt Draco play Quidditch? He is a bad guy. 

I changed my vote at the end to create the three way tie

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

@squire12 and @Forge do you really think Swag would make it that easy to clear that many players in a N1 write up?

I think there's a greater than 0% chance that there is 1 scum member in the match, but nothing more than that. If the selections were random it means that there was only about a 21% chance that 1 scum would be selected (3/14, excluding individual who had the  power). If the selections weren't random, I don't know how scum puts more than a single individual from their own team in the group as I believe that they did know that one of them was going to die (likely at random, which is why it was Rack, who was already viewed as slightly shady and was a bizarre choice). 

So I think the odds are twice as good pulling from the group of 8 that didn't play the game; I think you're getting about a 37.5 - 50% chance there as opposed to about 20% if a scum member ended up in the match and you were also a member of that group (otherwise it's about 17% if you are Matts or TK3, for example). And that's operating under the assumption that there managed to be a scum member in that group that played the game. You could just be chasing ghosts. 

• Like 2

Just now, Counselor said:

I just have a feeling about you this game Dome. In the pit of my stomach. 

Have you been pushing me at all? Or did you decide you felt I was non-town once I called you on giving me the potion?

and why did you act like you didn’t know it was your potion affecting me?

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think there's a greater than 0% chance that there is 1 scum member in the match, but nothing more than that. If the selections were random it means that there was only about a 21% chance that 1 scum would be selected (3/14, excluding individual who had the  power). If the selections weren't random, I don't know how scum puts more than a single individual from their own team in the group as I believe that they did know that one of them was going to die (likely at random, which is why it was Rack, who was already viewed as slightly shady and was a bizarre choice). 

So I think the odds are twice as good pulling from the group of 8 that didn't play the game; I think you're getting about a 37.5 - 50% chance there as opposed to about 20% if a scum member ended up in the match and you were also a member of that group (otherwise it's about 17% if you are Matts or TK3, for example). And that's operating under the assumption that there managed to be a scum member in that group that played the game. You could just be chasing ghosts. 

Why are you assuming that the quidditch match is either:

1. A scum power

or 

2. A power at all

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@squire12 I tell Swag during the day if I want to harm or benefit with a potion. Then based on RNG is how long it takes to finish. Day 1 took a long time. Today’s potion was ready four hours ago. I do learn what the potion does and I assign it to a player. 

I thought you said you didnt find out until the potion was already given to someone?

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Have you been pushing me at all? Or did you decide you felt I was non-town once I called you on giving me the potion?

and why did you act like you didn’t know it was your potion affecting me?

Because it was funny. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you explain yourself on pushing for the tie? 

I thought the odds we would get one scum were high out of three when we usually just end up lynching one town on D1.  It was an awful choice but I take full responsibility.