WR: Robby Anderson
Slot: Tyler Boyd
TE: Noah Fant

LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Kevin Zeitler
C: Elgton Jenkins
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Jake Matthews

Strategy: I put together a very veteran offensive line around Watson despite largely ignoring that positional group while the top talents were going off the board. Having strong pass protectors on the edges should allow Watson to get outside the pocket and make plays similarly to Russell Wilson, while pounding the ball inside with Taylor should open up some fun play-action or RPO opportunities. The receivers have a pretty diverse set of skills, with Boyd being a strong safety valve underneath, both Anderson and Chark providing speed to force defenses to respect the deep ball, and Chark excelling in the intermediate areas and providing matchup problems against press coverage. Fant has great athleticism and upside at tight end, but I don't expect him to be anything more than a supporting player with occasional explosions against teams who struggle covering the tight end.

DC Robert Saleh

DE: Maxx Crosby
DT: DeForest Buckner
DT: Cam Jordan
DE: Harold Landry

SLB: Shaq Thompson
ILB: Darius Leonard
WLB: Fred Warner

CB: Jalen Ramsey
SS: Jessie Bates III
FS: Kevin Byard
CB: James Bradberry
Slot S: Darnell Savage

Strategy: This defense is hardly complete, but the base defense has the flexibility to move from a 4-3 to a 4-2-5 to matchup against a variety of offensive schemes. Shaq Thompson and Fred Warner are both good enough in coverage that 12 personnel shouldn't give us problems, while Savage is a talented safety who can cover the slot against 3 WR base sets. We have a ton of athleticism on the defensive line, and the linebackers are all quality blitzers, so passing downs are going to be an issue for most offenses we face. On the back end, we have bigger outside corners who can both shadow opposing receivers, while Byard is one of the league's top playmakers in the middle of the field. Jessie Bates wasn't great in coverage last year but he makes plays on the ball and putting him close to the line or shading over a corner will minimize any weaknesses vs. the pass. Most importantly, Cameron Jordan is the only starter over 27, so we have a lot of young legs on defense who shouldn't get worn down over the course of a game or season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

HC Lincoln Riley

QB: Deshaun Watson

RB: Jonathan Taylor

WR: DJ Chark
WR: Robby Anderson
Slot: Tyler Boyd
TE: Noah Fant

LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Kevin Zeitler
C: Elgton Jenkins
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Jake Matthews

Strategy: I put together a very veteran offensive line around Watson despite largely ignoring that positional group while the top talents were going off the board. Having strong pass protectors on the edges should allow Watson to get outside the pocket and make plays similarly to Russell Wilson, while pounding the ball inside with Taylor should open up some fun play-action or RPO opportunities. The receivers have a pretty diverse set of skills, with Boyd being a strong safety valve underneath, both Anderson and Chark providing speed to force defenses to respect the deep ball, and Chark excelling in the intermediate areas and providing matchup problems against press coverage. Fant has great athleticism and upside at tight end, but I don't expect him to be anything more than a supporting player with occasional explosions against teams who struggle covering the tight end.

DC Robert Saleh

DE: Maxx Crosby
DT: DeForest Buckner
DT: Cam Jordan
DE: Harold Landry

SLB: Shaq Thompson
ILB: Darius Leonard
WLB: Fred Warner

CB: Jalen Ramsey
SS: Jessie Bates III
FS: Kevin Byard
CB: James Bradberry
Slot S: Darnell Savage

Strategy: This defense is hardly complete, but the base defense has the flexibility to move from a 4-3 to a 4-2-5 to matchup against a variety of offensive schemes. Shaq Thompson and Fred Warner are both good enough in coverage that 12 personnel shouldn't give us problems, while Savage is a talented safety who can cover the slot against 3 WR base sets. We have a ton of athleticism on the defensive line, and the linebackers are all quality blitzers, so passing downs are going to be an issue for most offenses we face. On the back end, we have bigger outside corners who can both shadow opposing receivers, while Byard is one of the league's top playmakers in the middle of the field. Jessie Bates wasn't great in coverage last year but he makes plays on the ball and putting him close to the line or shading over a corner will minimize any weaknesses vs. the pass. Most importantly, Cameron Jordan is the only starter over 27, so we have a lot of young legs on defense who shouldn't get worn down over the course of a game or season.

Lol you LOVE playing people out of position 

• Like 1

Not a huge deal but isn't Bates more of a free safety? Thought he made the All-Rookie team largely because of his coverage abilities too...

I thought I was safe to take him the pick before mine when you took him because I remembered you already had a guy there (Byard).

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Not a huge deal but isn't Bates more of a free safety? Thought he made the All-Rookie team largely because of his coverage abilities too...

I thought I was safe to take him the pick before mine when you took him because I remembered you already had a guy there (Byard).

Agreed. I’d play Bates in the slot with Savage out back if it were me. It’s not like they can’t spit duties I suppose. 

I’d comment more but I don’t wanna give u any leg up on the guys I want lol. Fully intend on doing a snippet when my starters are set. I hope more of u do too I’m really interested where mindsets were at 

3 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Agreed. I’d play Bates in the slot with Savage out back if it were me. It’s not like they can’t spit duties I suppose. 

I’d comment more but I don’t wanna give u any leg up on the guys I want lol. Fully intend on doing a snippet when my starters are set. I hope more of u do too I’m really interested where mindsets were at 

Agreed. I plan to do this once we're all done.

4 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

I’ll do mine at the end ;) 

26 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Lol you LOVE playing people out of position 

Other than Bates, who is out of position?

18 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Yeah, but his coverage numbers weren't good last year (on a pretty poor defense, tbf).

10 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Savage is definitely more of a cover safety, but I like having three safeties who can cover. My defense is admittedly not very good against the run right now, I'll have to address that with depth here on the back end of the draft.

Edited by Blue

I don't know why I stayed up late doing this, but I did, so a breakdown of my starting team. 

Offense: West Coast Spread

QB- Carson Wentz

RB- Joe Mixon

WR- Julio Jones

WR- TY Hilton/Henry Ruggs

WR- AJ Brown

TE- Mark Andrews

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Dalton Risner

C- JC Tretter

RG- Cesar Ruiz

RT- Jack Conklin

I started out with Carson Wentz because I believe his ceiling is a top 5 QB in the NFL. He showed that in 2017. When he is fully healthy and has NFL caliber weapons, Carson is a force to be reckon with. In order to keep Wentz healthy, I needed to surround him with a sturdy offensive line and sufficient weapons, so he can limit playing the hero ball style that gets him injured.

Terron Armstead and Jack Conklin are strong tackles who are both still in their 20’s. They are premier players at their positions. I went with youth and upside at the guard positions with Dalton Risner and Cesar Ruiz and then anchored in with a steady vet in JC Tretter at Center. All and all, it is a strong offensive line.

Joe Mixon is the kind of do it all 3 down back that would thrive playing with Carson Wentz and with the Frank Reich offense.

I am really excited about the WR corps. It sets up for the immediate and long term future. Julio Jones maybe 31 but the man is an absolute freak and a game changer. Putting TY Hilton on the other side in an offense that he knows will allow him to not be the focal point of the offense and hopefully keep him healthy and fresh. With two elder statesman on the outside, Carson has the reliability and big play ability to have a MVP season. To balance the age of my two starters, I have two up and comers behind them. AJ Brown may be young Julio. He is fast and strong with the ball in his hands. He will start out causing nightmares from the slot and then can take over for Julio in a few years. Still more depth as I have rookie and speed demon, Henry Ruggs, who will return kicks for me, spell TY and be able to kick start my offense in limited snaps with his blazing 4.2 speed. Combine that with 23 year old Mark Andrews from the TE position that Carson Wentz loves to target, and this would be a dangerous set of weapons.

Defense: 4-3 attacking style

DE- Danielle Hunter

DT- Fletcher Cox

DT- Matt Ioannidis

DE- Chandler Jones/Brian Burns

MIKE- Eric Kendricks

WIL- Lavonte David

CB- Marlon Humphrey

CB- Darius Slay

CB- JC Jackson

FS- Adrian Amos

SS- Jordan Poyer/Landon Collins

For the defensive line it is all about getting to the QB. There are 53 sacks in 2019 from the 5 d-lineman that I have drafted: Chandler Jones (19), Danielle Hunter (14.5), Matt Ioannidis (8.5), Brian Burns (7.5), Fletcher Cox (3.5). Fletcher Cox just absolutely wrecks the middle of the offensive line. He will open up so many rush lanes for the other 4 guys to have monster sack numbers. I could envision Brian Burns playing some stand up LB and also being the 3rd rusher. He is a perfect person to take over for Chandler Jones in a few years.

Linebackers don’t matter. Ok, they do a little and I have 2 really talented cover LB’s in Eric Kendricks and Lavonte David. Both are smart instinctive tackling machines that will stead the 2nd level of the defense. I would envision Brian Burns playing LB in certain looks and Landon Collins also playing LB is certain looks.

I believe my CB’s can match up with almost any set of WR’s thrown at them. Marlon Humphrey is a 24 year old all pro and stick him on the other side of Big Play Slay who is a ball hawk and can shut down #1 WR’s. JC Jackson is a hugely underrated CB who will start out in the slot and can take over for the 29 year old Slay when he loses a step or two a few years down the road.

At safety, not huge names but big production. I would envision. Amos and Poyer starting and Landon Collins playing that box safety, sort of Malcolm Jenkins, quasi-LB role. Amos and Poyer are instinctive ballhawking safeties and their coverage ability would really let Landon Collins play near the line of scrimmage where he can be an massively impactful player.

I don't think Conklin is a "premier" tackle and Armstead has injury concerns, so I think swing tackle is a pretty important depth spot for you. That said, I love that offense.

I'm interested in seeing how that defense looks 3-4 years from now. I think you're a little light in the middle but you can fix that with good rotational pieces.