Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

5 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I've asked @grizmo78 to repick. I'm not looking to keep this argument going. Next year I'll make it more clear.

We will be allowing a move like grizmo wanted to make in the future. 

Thanks for the decisiveness Nick. I'm going to keep Jonah and put him as my backup LT and adjust my strategy going forward. 

Thanks for everyone's input too. Again, I understand the idea of not allowing it which is why I proposed the question in the first place. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Your argument sucks, FYI. 

Jonah Williams has never played a down in the NFL while Bakhtiari has proven himself at LT. Jonah was projected pre-draft as best fit to play guard, could he still play there? Absolutely. He has yet to play a down as a tackle. It's a completely different situation.

I said it was a gray area because it doesn't specify NFL. I made a mistake not clarifying apparently and of course someone has to take it this far. 

He has yet to play a down as a guard, either.

You don't get to pick and choose which players' pre-draft  projections count. Both players are in the NFL. Both players are listed as tackles. Both players haven't played any other position in the last two years. It doesn't matter if it's one year out of college or fifteen. By the same logic, what's stopping someone from playing Lamar Jackson (or Kyler Murray, if we want to stick with the "one year out of college" theme) at receiver? A lot of people thought that was his best position coming out of college, after all!

It doesn't matter whether it was a mistake to not clarify NFL: round 27 or whatever is not the time to correct it. People have already planned their rosters around those rules, and I think changing them now is really, really unfair. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I would have considered Jonah Williams over the last few rounds if I knew that rule didn't apply to rookies and second year players.

I'm genuinely sorry if I'm coming across as argumentative for the sake of being contrary, but part of the reason I quit BDL was frustration with a "just this once" exception becoming the basis for someone else trying to get a special exception made for them, and it just ends up snowballing into exceptions based on exceptions based on exceptions to the point where it feels like the rule is pointless. People (and I admit I am one of them) end up upset because they feel like they had to follow different rules from other people.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

Why is that a rule? Just genuinely curious.

99% sure what Nick meant in that rule is you must start a rookie on either offense or defense. You cant have your only rookie as a KR/PR and count that as the rookie starter. You CAN have a rookie returner, as long as they or someone else will also start elsewhere. 

• Like 2

My bad day a work is not making this any easier to deal with. Sorry if I become rude with any of this.

He can have a rookie there he just can't count as his 'rookie starter'. I'll amend the rule now. He has other rookies starting to qualify himself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I did not see that rule.

I knew we couldnt double count.

Just made the change. 

8) You can draft a rookie to be your returner, punter or kicker. He cannot count as your "rookie starter".

• Like 2