Proposed NBA return date

Blackstar12

12 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Whoever wins this championship wins the weirdest title I can ever remember. Hoping for the Bucks. 

Pels road to the playoffs just got super tough. 

It would be still be a legit title IMO.. Exception would be… What if any team's star player/s gets tested for Corona?? injuries are a part of the game but.. Corona?? 

So the 2020-2021 season is expected to start n December 1. Pretty much gives the finals teams around a month off before training camp starts right back up. I thought they would start a little later. 

If we end up getting a final between the Lakers/Clippers vs Bucks, then I feel more people will give credit to whoever wins as that was the expected finals before the pandemic. But if a surprise team goes on a run to win it all or if a star player or a key contributor tests positive for Covid19? Then yeah, most will look differently at the finals winner. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

It would be still be a legit title IMO.. Exception would be… What if any team's star player/s gets tested for Corona?? injuries are a part of the game but.. Corona?? 

I'm counting it as a legit title as well. Just a very weird one.

The one exception being what you're saying, if some key people get covid and have to sit out it becomes harder. Giannis gets covid and the Bucks go down in the 2nd round? Yeah that's a sad fluke. Or if a team loses 3 key role players, sad fluke. Depends on what team(s) it happened to, if the Magic have players get covid and instantly go out, they didn't have a chance at the title anyways, no asterisk. If it happens to one of the contenders, especially the Bucks/LA teams, it'd be hard to argue there's not a big asterisk.