Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Looking at the offense:

Let Jack Conklin go and start Hudson at RT. I’d strongly consider drafting a LT with a high pick. Jedrick Wills just sucks.

We NEED another WR. Nobody outside of Cooper and DPJ are worth anything.

Njoku has really balled out.

Let Kareem Hunt go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the offense:

Let Jack Conklin go and start Hudson at RT. I’d strongly consider drafting a LT with a high pick. Jedrick Wills just sucks.

Wills needs someone to push him for snaps.  He’s soft and lazy despite being talented as hell.

We NEED another WR. Nobody outside of Cooper and DPJ are worth anything.

They’re all one dimensional and have notable physical limitations.

Njoku has really balled out.

Could use a backup though imo.  I’d love to see a 6’6+, 270 ish pound dude who’s a monster in the run game and understands how to find a hole in a zone and can catch contested throws.  They don’t need to be a vertical threat.

Let Kareem Hunt go.

He’s been so incredibly disappointing this season.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we can get something for Teller and or Wils in a trade id take it. 

Teller may not be as dominant as he was in 2020, but he's still really good. Wills is disappointing but it's still not easy finding a competent LT. He's just frustrating because it feels like he could be so much better than he is. I'm certainly not extending him at this point but I'm not ready to look for an immediate replacement. Maybe draft a high upside guy in the middle of the draft to potentially take over for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Teller may not be as dominant as he was in 2020, but he's still really good. Wills is disappointing but it's still not easy finding a competent LT. He's just frustrating because it feels like he could be so much better than he is. I'm certainly not extending him at this point but I'm not ready to look for an immediate replacement. Maybe draft a high upside guy in the middle of the draft to potentially take over for him.

I think we need to spend 2 picks on the OL personally, one inside guy and one outside guy.

Let these guys get in, get some coaching and hopefully redshirt a year before needing to play meaningful snaps or be depended on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not sure about Teller but we need to get whatever we can for Wills, whenever you are a bum with the best OL coach in the league, that confirms it. If we can get a 3rd or 4th, I'd take it 

His issue just seems to be 100% effort.  I’ve never seen an OL simply stop playing in the middle of a play as often as he does.  

It’s just like there’s zero realization or concern with trying to recover or finding someone else to block when he’s beat.  Like, do something.  Hit someone.  You never know how that may help the play.  Stop just standing around and watching the game.

In the NFL, YOU CAN WIN GAMES WITH TOUGH SMART PLAYERS AND GREAT COACHING!!!!

Talent is 100% secondary to coaching & a team's want-to. We have plenty of talent, but our offensive coaching has been only slightly above average and our defense/special teams coaching has been absolutely horrific. Add onto that the fact that half of these players don't seem to care and give up after a deflating play equals a terrible season.

Even with Watson on the bench, this team should have been good enough to compete for the playoffs, at the very least. Meanwhile, we have the freaking Lions beating elite teams with essentially 0 talent (especially defensively) and a bunch of ankle-biters/kneecappers.

Also, for those that want Stefanski to give up play calling, why? That's the whole reason he's here. If he gives up his offense, why was he even here? If we don't trust him to call plays, then he should be out of here. I'm not calling for his firing. But if you're not wanting him to call plays, what does he bring to the table?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His issue just seems to be 100% effort.  I’ve never seen an OL simply stop playing in the middle of a play as often as he does.  

It’s just like there’s zero realization or concern with trying to recover or finding someone else to block when he’s beat.  Like, do something.  Hit someone.  You never know how that may help the play.  Stop just standing around and watching the game.

With our lack of draft resources and cap space, would you be opposed to making a swap with the Jets for Mekhi Becton with one year to prove it for a contract?

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

With our lack of draft resources and cap space, would you be opposed to making a swap with the Jets for Mekhi Becton with one year to prove it for a contract?

Depends on the cost. 

We don’t have a first rounder but we do have like 8 picks. Other teams find good players day 2 and 3 and we should as well.  Especially since very few rookies are even gonna be asked to start day 1.