3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just thinking about the offensive line:

LT: Wills, Hudson

LG: Bitonio, Dunn

OC: Pocic, Harris (might start off on IR), Wypler

RG: Teller, Deaton…?

RT: Conklin, Jones

Hot take:

Jones is a dark horse to get moved to LT to push Wills and/or take over for him after his 5th year option

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

Jones is a dark horse to get moved to LT to push Wills and/or take over for him after his 5th year option

I think he is more of a Conklin successor, if things go right and he gets a boot up his arse. Too much of a doughboy for the left side.

3 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I don't think he has the feet for left tackle, but he definitely is the heir to jack

Just now, NateDawg said:

I think he is more of a Conklin successor, if things go right and he gets a boot up his arse. Too much of a doughboy for the left side.

What I'm saying is, I can see him getting reps at both. I don't think he's a long term LT, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play there some the next time Wills sprains his pinky toe and can't play.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What I'm saying is, I can see him getting reps at both. I don't think he's a long term LT, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play there some the next time Wills sprains his pinky toe and can't play.

I think that’s possible.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

I dont think thats a hot take, I think thats the actual plan lol I have a feeling they are going to use Jones' rookie season to get him in shape, mold him a bit and work on the transition to LT so in 2024 he can take over when Willis walks.

Wills is either going to play so well in a contract year and price himself out, or hes going to be the same average LT hes been and the Browns chose to go with Jones for $$ purposes and upside.

Either way, with Hudson having another year of develpment and Jones now in the future plans, the writing is on the wall for Wills (IMO). They are not going to pay him good money to stay when they have Watsons contract kicking in and 2 nurtured OTs that are cheaper behind him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think you may see more of Hudson for that role

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I don't think that's out of the question at all, especially with possibility of trying to get out of tellers contract next year

I think it's going to come down between Harris and Hudson for that "future RG" spot, with Wypler sliding into the C role behind Pocic.

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I honestly think Harris could end up a possibility for future LG spot

It wouldn’t shock me if we traded Harris this summer if Deaton and/Wypler look good. 

I honestly don’t see the G versatility for him, seems like a C only kinda player.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

I understand why you say that. However, I think he’s waaaayy too big to be playing LT. He needs to lose a crap ton of weight before I even consider it.

I remember Trent Brown starting for the last Pats Super Bowl team (a team I think we could try to copy). However, he’s kind of an exception not the norm.