Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And yeah, prime time games suck *** unless you’re like 20 or work second shift or some ish. The game doesn’t end until close to midnight sometimes and if it’s a close game or whatever I’m a bit jazzed up and not ready for bed right after.  The next morning sucks.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Case in point, I’m off today as I work tomorrow so I planned ahead and went to bed early last night hoping to also sleep in this morning and get a great nights sleep.  

How’d that work out you ask?  Had to piss at 4am and my body decided that was enough sleep and it was time to get up.  

Looking forward to lunch at 10am. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Case in point, I’m off today as I work tomorrow so I planned ahead and went to bed early last night hoping to also sleep in this morning and get a great nights sleep.  

How’d that work out you ask?  Had to piss at 4am and my body decided that was enough sleep and it was time to get up.  

Thankfully this was not the case for me yesterday. My wife preemptively said she was feeling miserable last night with a headache, so no need to initiate and then get shut down. So, lights out at 9:15, followed by a 4 year old coming into our bed at 10:15 because...no idea why, then woke up at 5:15 to our 8 year old in our bed because of a nightmare, and here we are...a restful night's sleep.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Looking forward to lunch at 10am. 

This made me laugh. Enjoy your 4:15 dinner reservation with the Mrs.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

At least week two there is vested interest and excitement staying up late for the Browns game. By the last couple weeks of the season, at least in past years, I stay up until the final whistle as an obligation.

Counterpoint:

When we lose and drop to 0-2 and ESPN flashes the inevitable "% of teams that make the playoffs after starting 0-2 graphic", you'll be in a terrible mood, won't sleep well at all, and then by that Wednesday talk yourself into us being the exception to the rule.

I'm personally looking forward to a 1-3 Kevin Stefanski getting fired going into our Week 5 bye while Andrew Berry touts finding a "coach who knows how to utilize Watson going forward as priority 1" before Halloween hits.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Week 1 vs Cincinnati and then traveling to Pittsburgh for a Monday night game. Good times…

I feel like the league is still 'punishing' the Browns for the Watson thing. 2 primetime games? Really? and a week 5 bye lol

I mean I hate primetime games unless its SNF so Im kinda happy with the low amount.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2023-2024 Browns Schedule

Week 1:
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals (W; 1-0)

(I think the Browns run all over Cincinnati and control this football game. We always match up well with Cincinnati & I think we bag Burrow & his set of WR's.)
Browns: 34
Bengals: 17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 2:
Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers (L; 1-1)

(Pittsburgh always manages to give us fits when we try to run on them. Why? Because they play 4 LB's 90% of the time and their run fits work. Take note, other DC's. I think they steal this one.)
Browns: 17
Steelers: 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3:
Cleveland Browns vs. Tennessee Titans (W; 2-1)

(Tennessee is going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL next year methinks. We should be able to handle them. I think this is the game where Deshaun breaks out & we see the 'old Leshaun.')
Browns: 44
Titans: 20

Week 4:
Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens (W; 3-1)

(Slugfest that is won by the Browns. Both teams will have their firepower on full display, but a late Cade York FG seals the victory at home.)
Browns: 36
Ravens: 34

Week 5:
BYE WEEK

Week 6:
Cleveland Browns vs. San Francisco 49ers (L; 3-2)

(The 49ers are what we want to be. They are better coached and have more talent on defense. I think this could be our worst game of the season, as SF is just a crappy matchup for us.)
49ers: 38

Week 7:
Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts (W; 4-2)

(I think we harass & exploit the young Anthony Richardson, turning him over several times in a get-right game for the defense. Indy isn't a good team.)
Browns: 31
Colts: 13

Week 8:
Cleveland Browns @ Seattle Seahawks (W; 5-2)

(The Browns are going to run right at, and right through Seattle. I think it will be a high scoring game due to the studs Seattle has at WR, but the Browns control the pace late.)
Seahawks: 28

Week 9:
Cleveland Browns vs. Arizona Cardinals (W; 6-2)

(Cleveland will be hoping to win. Arizona will be trying to lose. Arizona is so talent-devoid that I don't see how they couldn't have the #1 pick. They will be trying to preserve that.)
Browns: 42
Cardinals: 10

Week 10:
Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens (W; 7-2)

(I think we settle in vs. Baltimore this time around and enjoy our best victory of the year against a good team. Everyone plays well & Schwartz finds a way to neutralize Lamar.)
Browns: 38
Ravens: 24

Week 11:
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (W; 8-2)

(Revenge game. We will spread them out and exploit their secondary depth, getting away from the run game that we can never seem to get going against them. Pickett is sloppy.)
Steelers: 10

Week 12:
Cleveland Browns @ Denver Broncos (W; 9-2)

(Another team I think will be dreadful next year. They will get decimated in the run game all year long.)
Browns: 30
Broncos: 24

Week 13:
Cleveland Browns @ LA Rams (L; 9-3)

(The Rams, like the 49ers, do what the Browns want to do...just at a higher level. I think they have the keys to stopping this offense & we are due for a stinker against a pretty bleh team.)
Browns: 20
Rams: 21

Week 14:
Cleveland Browns vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (W; 10-3)

(I don't think Jacksonville is going to be that good. Lawrence is great, but their defense is very leaky. We exploit that, as Deshaun has his best aerial performance of the season.)
Jaguars: 24

Week 15:
Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears (W; 11-3)

(Chicago isn't very good. I expect us to be able to slow down their receivers and the 1-man show that is Justin Fields. We win in a dominating defensive performance.)
Bears: 7

Week 16:
Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans: (W; 12-3)

(Houston sucks. I think they have the worst roster in the NFL behind maybe only the Cardinals. I can't imagine they can scheme up anything to stop our guys.)
Browns: 24
Texans: 17

Week 17:
Cleveland Browns vs. New York Jets (L; 12-4)

(We take our foot off the gas and the desperate Jets steal one. Aaron Rodgers looks exceptional and the Jets sneak one by.)
Browns: 21
Jets: 31

Week 18:
Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals (L; 12-5)

(I expect us to split with Cincinnati, as they're a very solid team. A shockingly defensive game for two of the league's top offenses.)
Browns: 13
Bengals: 20

Final Record: 12-5

As you can see, I'm pretty high on this team. If Deshaun plays like he should, I don't see a world in which we don't present severe challenges for every other NFL team. If Deshaun plays like @mtmmike thinks he plays, yeah the win total could be as low as 6 or so.

25 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

2023-2024 Browns Schedule

Week 1:
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals (W; 1-0)

(I think the Browns run all over Cincinnati and control this football game. We always match up well with Cincinnati & I think we bag Burrow & his set of WR's.)
Bengals: 17

Week 2:
Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers (L; 1-1)

(Pittsburgh always manages to give us fits when we try to run on them. Why? Because they play 4 LB's 90% of the time and their run fits work. Take note, other DC's. I think they steal this one.)
Steelers: 21

Week 3:
Cleveland Browns vs. Tennessee Titans (W; 2-1)

(Tennessee is going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL next year methinks. We should be able to handle them. I think this is the game where Deshaun breaks out & we see the 'old Leshaun.')
Browns: 44
Titans: 20

Week 4:
Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens (W; 3-1)

(Slugfest that is won by the Browns. Both teams will have their firepower on full display, but a late Cade York FG seals the victory at home.)
Browns: 36
Ravens: 34

Week 5:
BYE WEEK

Week 6:
Cleveland Browns vs. San Francisco 49ers (L; 3-2)

(The 49ers are what we want to be. They are better coached and have more talent on defense. I think this could be our worst game of the season, as SF is just a crappy matchup for us.)
49ers: 38

Week 7:
Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts (W; 4-2)

(I think we harass & exploit the young Anthony Richardson, turning him over several times in a get-right game for the defense. Indy isn't a good team.)
Colts: 13

Week 8:
Cleveland Browns @ Seattle Seahawks (W; 5-2)

(The Browns are going to run right at, and right through Seattle. I think it will be a high scoring game due to the studs Seattle has at WR, but the Browns control the pace late.)
Seahawks: 28

Week 9:
Cleveland Browns vs. Arizona Cardinals (W; 6-2)

(Cleveland will be hoping to win. Arizona will be trying to lose. Arizona is so talent-devoid that I don't see how they couldn't have the #1 pick. They will be trying to preserve that.)
Browns: 42
Cardinals: 10

Week 10:
Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens (W; 7-2)

(I think we settle in vs. Baltimore this time around and enjoy our best victory of the year against a good team. Everyone plays well & Schwartz finds a way to neutralize Lamar.)
Ravens: 24

Week 11:
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (W; 8-2)

(Revenge game. We will spread them out and exploit their secondary depth, getting away from the run game that we can never seem to get going against them. Pickett is sloppy.)
Steelers: 10

Week 12:
Cleveland Browns @ Denver Broncos (W; 9-2)

(Another team I think will be dreadful next year. They will get decimated in the run game all year long.)
Browns: 30
Broncos: 24

Week 13:
Cleveland Browns @ LA Rams (L; 9-3)

(The Rams, like the 49ers, do what the Browns want to do...just at a higher level. I think they have the keys to stopping this offense & we are due for a stinker against a pretty bleh team.)
Browns: 20
Rams: 21

Week 14:
Cleveland Browns vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (W; 10-3)

(I don't think Jacksonville is going to be that good. Lawrence is great, but their defense is very leaky. We exploit that, as Deshaun has his best aerial performance of the season.)
Jaguars: 24

Week 15:
Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears (W; 11-3)

(Chicago isn't very good. I expect us to be able to slow down their receivers and the 1-man show that is Justin Fields. We win in a dominating defensive performance.)
Bears: 7

Week 16:
Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans: (W; 12-3)

(Houston sucks. I think they have the worst roster in the NFL behind maybe only the Cardinals. I can't imagine they can scheme up anything to stop our guys.)
Browns: 24
Texans: 17

Week 17:
Cleveland Browns vs. New York Jets (L; 12-4)

(We take our foot off the gas and the desperate Jets steal one. Aaron Rodgers looks exceptional and the Jets sneak one by.)
Browns: 21
Jets: 31

Week 18:
Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals (L; 12-5)

(I expect us to split with Cincinnati, as they're a very solid team. A shockingly defensive game for two of the league's top offenses.)
Browns: 13
Bengals: 20

Final Record: 12-5Happy Love You GIF by NETFLIX

As you can see, I'm pretty high on this team. If Deshaun plays like he should, I don't see a world in which we don't present severe challenges for every other NFL team. If Deshaun plays like @mtmmike thinks he plays, yeah the win total could be as low as 6 or so.

Leshaun has never won 12 games.