Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because Berry can’t draft 

If he hits on free agency (including trades) then I won’t care.

Very realistic chance Elijah Moore and Zadarious Smith pan out.

So I won’t care about the draft picks (but Callahan will work magic on Jones and Wypler).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If he hits on free agency (including trades) then I won’t care.

Very realistic chance Elijah Moore and Zadarious Smith pan out.

So I won’t care about the draft picks (but Callahan will work magic on Jones and Wypler).

Moore yes. Z looked done halfway though last year. I don’t expect much out of him this season. 

HC Stefanski on Browns remote West Virginia training camp location: “We’re landlocked here,” Stefanski said. “We’re in the middle of nowhere by design, so it forces you to be around your teammates.”

I get it.

The Chiefs do almost the exact same thing every year. They just go to some no name college dorm type of area instead, then completely lock down. Patriots and Saints (with Sean Payton) used to go to Greenbrier as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kevin-stefanski-browns-put-training-camp-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-by-design

Edited by candyman93

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

NFL RBs just are not important anymore. They even held zoom meeting talking about it. Nick is an all time great Browns player, but I’ll be shocked if he’s here in 2025.

Unfortunately the rules of the NFL have just drastically decreased the value of the rb position 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Unfortunately the rules of the NFL have just drastically decreased the value of the rb position 

So did the NFLPA to be honest. They pushed for rookie contracts and as a result completely ate their running backs.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Can ypu expand on that?

Yeah, after rookie draft picks were resetting the market and guys who never played a snap were the highest paid players, the NFLPA pushed for the rookie contract setup we have now. I understand why, but it also screwed running backs drafted high because rarely does that position get a second contract.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, after rookie draft picks were resetting the market and guys who never played a snap were the highest paid players, the NFLPA pushed for the rookie contract setup we have now. I understand why, but it also screwed running backs drafted high because rarely does that position get a second contract.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidlariviere/2012/07/04/nfl-rookie-contracts-show-owners-were-the-winners-in-cba/amp/

Good read from 11 years ago when it was implemented.

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So did the NFLPA to be honest. They pushed for rookie contracts and as a result completely ate their running backs.

I think what could help 

players who classifying as running backs should have a standard 3 year deal instead and first rounders a 4 year deal with the team option. 

Allow RBs to make it to Free Agency sooner so they have more tread and while they can still get paid. 

It worked perfect for Chubb because he was on a 4 year deal and got the 3 year extension. But first rounders with that 5th year option and franchise tag you can get 6 years of production without having a do a long term deal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It worked perfect for Chubb because he was on a 4 year deal and got the 3 year extension. But first rounders with that 5th year option and franchise tag you can get 6 years of production without having a do a long term deal.

But it didn’t work well because he was paid a lot less having been a 2nd as opposed to if he was a first, so he won some on the back end and lost big time on the front end.